Why trade Stacy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Given what we could get for him, I wouldn't trade him either. He's very high quality depth, and we probably could only fetch a 6th or a 7th round pick at most, which is basically a lottery ticket. Occasionally, you'll land an E.J. Gaines with a pick that late, but most of the time you'll land a guy who will be on the bubble for most of his career if he makes it at all. Stacy is a starting caliber RB, and as such provides us more value than we can get in a trade.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If there was an opportunity to capitalize on a trade involving Stacy, I'd have to think the window has closed.

He's a fading memory in the NFL's mind at this point. He has a low YPC number and as mentioned, hasn't shown great breakaway speed. Teams aren't licking their chops at that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Trent Richardson was traded for a first round pick... and he's lazy as hell.

The only reason that happened was because the Colts were literally shaking with desperation to fill the RB position AND Richardson was busting in Cleveland AND they knew they had to overpay.

No team is likely to ever do that again. And I mean that. I think AP is available or will be. DeMarco Murray wouldn't draw a first and he's about as close as it gets.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
How bout we just get rid of the fumble machine.... Pead

Because of his value on special teams. Otherwise, he would've been gone already. Oh, and they drafted him incredibly high - and probably weren't willing to admit they made a big-ass mistake at this point!

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Because of his value on special teams. Otherwise, he would've been gone already. Oh, and they drafted him incredibly high - and probably weren't willing to admit they made a big-ass mistake at this point!

A 2nd round pick punt gunner isn't a value

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
A 2nd round pick punt gunner isn't a value

It's more value than a 5th round pick just sitting on the bench. You asked why they haven't gotten rid of Pead. That's the only logical explanation I have. Plus read my 2nd point.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't see Stacy having any trade value except maybe a backup player for player swap. It's crazy how things change but with NFL rookie contracts being as advantageous now as they are and the devaluation of RBs (especially b/c he doesn't have much third down or ST value) I don't even think you could get more than a 7th for him.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
It's more value than a 5th round pick just sitting on the bench. You asked why they haven't gotten rid of Pead. That's the only logical explanation I have. Plus read my 2nd point.

Well I hope pead never gets another carry as a ram because he scares the hell out of me. His odds of fumbling are high. And I think Stacy was hurt or out of shape or maybe a combo of both. And somehow landed in the doghouse. He looked heavy and slow even in preseason. But he is a good back... he breaks tackles and always seemed to fall farword.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see adding Stacy onto a trade for a young QB with some experience. Glennon for example if it helps shake him loose. But I'm not so sure about a draft pick. Used properly, Stacy does have value, especially in short yardage situations. Not to mention the likely possibly that either Bennie or Mason get dinged up. We already know he's dependable, we know he doesn't fumble, we know he can get tough yards and we know he is capable of starting as a feature back in this league. That's far more valuable than an unknown 5th or 6th. Which is what we'd probably get.

We also know what Stacy is and isn't. And if I can upgrade...which I believe I can, I will. So if Stacy still has value, I'd make use of it.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we trade him so he could get a chance to play?? I think that would be fair to him. I mean he barely got any touches last year after Mason took off. Our RB depth is pretty deep.

fancents86

Starter
I would just like to know why he got almost 0 touches half way through the season? Dude went from hero to zero real quick. I understand Mason was the better runner, but I don't think Cunningham beat him out convincingly. I missed seeing Stacey trucking through dudes like a Mack truck.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
If you could trade Stacey for anything, I'd be in favor. He's the third running back and rarely seeing the field.

On another note, if Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley are still sitting there in the 2nd round when it comes time for the Rams to draft I'd be all for picking one of those two. Either would be an upgrade to what we have now and put more pressure on opposing defenses.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
If you could trade Stacey for anything, I'd be in favor. He's the third running back and rarely seeing the field.

On another note, if Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley are still sitting there in the 2nd round when it comes time for the Rams to draft I'd be all for picking one of those two. Either would be an upgrade to what we have now and put more pressure on opposing defenses.
I don't know about that. Unless they are seriously dedicated to running the ball 20+ times a game, I think this team is sitting pretty with Mason/Cunningham/Stacy/Pead. I'm sure Fish would be tickled to pick one of those guys up, but at this point it's already an embarrassment of riches that don't hit the field often enough.
I suppose it'll be telling about the future of this offense if they were to select a RB in the first 3 rounds though.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How bout we just get rid of the fumble machine.... Pead
I have to think that takes care of itself anyway... it'd be hard to see Pead even getting a chance with what we have ahead of him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would just like to know why he got almost 0 touches half way through the season? Dude went from hero to zero real quick. I understand Mason was the better runner, but I don't think Cunningham beat him out convincingly. I missed seeing Stacey trucking through dudes like a Mack truck.

Cunningham didn't have to beat him out as a runner. Stacy is a terrible pass catcher. Which is why Cunningham saw the field over him.

jap

Legend
Cunningham didn't have to beat him out as a runner. Stacy is a terrible pass catcher. Which is why Cunningham saw the field over him.

It would have been interesting to have seen how often Isaiah Pead would have seen the field last season had he stayed healthy. He is the best pass blocker, best receiver, and fastest runner among the Horns' RBs.