Why to Buy into "Manziel to Rams' rumors/SI.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Don't play that card. It's beneath ROD.
You do realize I was joking around, right? It's pretty clear my comment was sarcastic, just as Rambitious' comment was.

Anyways, It's quite obvious Sam needs help around him but that doesn't mean he's done enough with what he's been given. If the Rams think Manziel, or any other QB, can give them a better chance to compete.. why not take him? I don't get why people are flipping shit over it.

Everyone has different opinions. It's supposed to be all fun right now. NOTHING we say or do is going to change what really happens.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

is it just me that thinks that manziel has a very punchable head?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

is it just me that thinks that manziel has a very punchable head?

jfjb.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't think that SK will be calling these guys into his office after this year barring a major implosion and Fisher losing the locker room ala Spagnuolo. Fisher will have his entire 5 year contract to put this back together, I'd bet money on that.
Linehan lost the locker room. I've never seen anything anywhere saying Spags did, other than fan speculation.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jason La Canfora appeared on the Ryan Kelly Show on 920AM this morning. He says the Houston Texans do not want that #1 overall pick, does not believe the Rams will take Johnny Manziel at #2 but could be later if they trade down, does believe that Manziel will end up going in the top ten picks but not sure who will pull the trigger, every team has a different rating and love for each player especially for someone like Sammy Watkins, simple notion but have to have a good QB to compete in the NFC West Division, overall perspective on Sam Bradford, possibly trading the former #1 overall pick & still believes this becomes another make or break year for Bradford but believes there are contingencies.

Listen to La Canfora Talk Rams and NFL Draft

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen Talks Johnny Manziel and the Rams

Could the NFL draft become a four-day event? ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen tells us and wades through the smoke. Mort thinks the Rams will pick Manziel or Robinson at #2.

Listen to Mort Talk Rams and Johnny Manziel

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't want Manziel.
If for some reason we take him @ 2, I hope he is better than rg3.
I would love to get a better qb with Washingtons pick, than the qb they traded for to begin with.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Ruck the redia. They care more about stories and sensationalism than wins.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don't want Manziel.
If for some reason we take him @ 2, I hope he is better than rg3.
I would love to get a better qb with Washingtons pick, than the qb they traded for to begin with.

You're totally right; it would be hilarious if we got a better QB with that pick! :D

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You're totally right; it would be hilarious if we got a better QB with that pick! :D

It would. But Manziel's not that quarterback. You think RG3 has a prima-donna attitude...just wait until Johnny Football gets drafted. After all, we're talking about a guy coming into a game after a suspension, and immediately doing this:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It would. But Manziel's not that quarterback. You think RG3 has a prima-donna attitude...just wait until Johnny Football gets drafted. After all, we're talking about a guy coming into a game after a suspension, and immediately doing this:

I know. I watched it live. In context it made sense. The other team was ragging on him. It was an emotional moment for JF. For a minute there it looked like his college football career was over (had the NCAA has any proof it would have been).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Linehan lost the locker room. I've never seen anything anywhere saying Spags did, other than fan speculation.

There were some things written here and there, and yes among them there was some fan speculation. But he was not well liked at Rams Park. He was also not well liked in New Orleans either and that was documented too. Also, when a guy like "Silent Stan" comes to the locker room to talk to you, then hooks up with the media which he NEVER does to apologize to the fans that means you've lost the entire team, admin staff, front office, ball boys, parking lot attendants and all the rest.

None of that matters anyway, I was using this as an example that Fisher is not going to get kicked to the curb and will have his entire contract to rebuild the Rams. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't paid a bit of attention to how SK operates his sports businesses. SK hired Fisher because of his resume, and because he has rebuilt teams that were fucking lousy. Fans often miss that in the stupid frenzy to puke up opinion on the internet.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

He has no ass, spindly legs, shoestring arms and feminine shoulders.

Yeah draft him with the #2 overall and let him run around in the NFL. That'll last a few weeks.

LOL.......this is Tebow level hype all over again. I know "he wins". Whatever.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
There were some things written here and there, and yes among them there was some fan speculation. But he was not well liked at Rams Park. He was also not well liked in New Orleans either and that was documented too. Also, when a guy like "Silent Stan" comes to the locker room to talk to you, then hooks up with the media which he NEVER does to apologize to the fans that means you've lost the entire team, admin staff, front office, ball boys, parking lot attendants and all the rest.

None of that matters anyway, I was using this as an example that Fisher is not going to get kicked to the curb and will have his entire contract to rebuild the Rams. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't paid a bit of attention to how SK operates his sports businesses. SK hired Fisher because of his resume, and because he has rebuilt teams that were freaking lousy. Fans often miss that in the stupid frenzy to puke up opinion on the internet.
I won't argue with you about New Orleans. That was a pretty bad situation. But I just don't think it happened with the Rams. We can agree to disagree though. We obviously both have biases regarding the guy (and being fanatics, it's hard not to have biases regarding everyone on the team.)

And I agree with you about Fisher.

Speeps

Starter
Let's look at the recent history of exciting mobile QB's shall we?

Tim Tebow: Out of the league, using Trent Dilfer as an advocate and booking commerical gigs.

RGMe...I mean RGIII: Created a schism in Washington, lead to his coach being fired, smug attitude, throws teammates under the bus, and is delusional about his athletic abilities (I don't need preseason). Can't stay healthy. Nearly ended his career in his rookie season, did psychological harm to the team and head coach in his second season.

Johnny Manziel: Hasn't played in the NFL, nearly got killed in his college games, off the field issues, overrated prospect. Simply put, he's exciting. He's like an overcooked steak, with the perfect sauce and side dish. You can dress the steak up real nice, make it look pretty, but at the end of the day, the steak wasn't very good. Manziel can do all these amazing things, but at the end of the day, he isn't very good. At least not 1st rounder QB good.

People want to make the Russel Wison argument...sure, why not, but Russel Wilson went in the third round because he could have been a potential post. Wilson did not go number 2 because he could have been a potential bust. In fact, almost all 32 teams passed on him twice, because he could have been a bust.

If you want a Manziel, great. Nothing wrong with it. However, making him the number 2 overall selection in this draft when you have 6-7 studs with pro bowl potential is idiotic. You better make damn sure you're willing to put your career on the line for Manziel. With that said, I'd put my career on the line for Manziel in round 3, not round 1, 2nd overall pick.

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've been a Manziel fan since his high school days. I've never watched a superstar improve each year like Manziel has. In 2013 Manziel ran 65 less times than his Heisman year. Manziel threw 14 more TD's in 2013 then in his Heisman year. Highest wonderlic Score of any QB in draft. 1550 SAT score. Best running quarter in draft. Best QB at extending plays in draft. Magic Man.

Rotoworld- Comments and stats on Manziel's long ball from the pocket.

For all the criticism Manziel gets, he’s extremely good at hitting his targets downfield. His ‘NFL type’ throws in the 11-20 yard range is the highest in the top 8 QBs in this class at 70.5% and he’s slightly better than Bortles at hitting the 20+ yard throws.

- Before we start getting into the debates about Manziel scrambling around the heaving it up for Mike Evans…his accuracy was similar when throwing solely from the pocket, hitting 67% of his 11-20 yard passes and 59% of his 20+ yard passes
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

If Roger Staubach and Brett Farve were to have a baby. And Kenny the Snake Stabler and Steve Young were to have babies. And their babies were to mate and have a boy baby, His Name would be Johnny Football. Mark my words.

1550 on SAT---that is right at or near genius level, isn't it....I trust the SAT more than the wonderlic (for NFL players). I could have sworn Tony Banks had a 42....maybe I had it backwards (24)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While being book smart is great, it doesn't always translate into football IQ and mental processing on the field. Blaine Gabbert scored a 42 on the Wonderlic. Dan Marino scored a 15.

Will it translate with Manziel? I don't know. There are some things that concern me while watching him.