Why this FA feels so different and so good

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
I have to commend Rams front office for their FA moves for following reasons

1. Rams didn't free spend. This what every top team does.
2. Traded for a possible franchise QB. Got good draft picks back in process. And shed ~$13 million cap space!
3. Rams have been linked to several players in FA and they were mostly OL guys where the need is dire.
4. They are trying to re-sign their own players like Barnes, Barksdale etc proving their drafts are paying off
5. Got Salary cap under much better shape this year

Almost every step Rams have taken this year resembled what Ravens, Packers and other top teams do every year.

I cannot wait for first game of regular season 2015.

Ltrautman

MIZ
I dont disagree with any of that but it wouldve been nice to see the first OL signing be Barks or Wiz

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Basically, we didn't do anything stupid or risky, but we now are forced to draft Oline in the draft. Might even have to reach for them, but that's how it panned out this year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nothing wrong with having to draft OL. Perhaps it's about time that we draft and develop OL rather than be dependent on other teams unwanted players.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Being linked to players means nothing if you don't bring them in and try to sign them. And trying to resign Barksdale isn't representative of the rams drafts at all. We didn't draft him. If we actually sign one or two lineman, then hell yeah your list is solid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nothing wrong with having to draft OL. Perhaps it's about time that we draft and develop OL rather than be dependent on other teams unwanted players.

That avatar is awesome! Scratched out Eagles logos... Hahaha!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll feel a lot better about this FA period when they sign at least one starting caliber OL, given that it is by far the weakest area on the team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign Wiz and I'll feel much, much beter!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'll feel a lot better about this FA period when they sign at least one starting caliber OL, given that it is by far the weakest area on the team.
I'd be happy if they at least resigned Barksdale. Then if Jones/Rhaney is set to step up, we would only have one starting position to fill in the draft. But man, right now we got us some holes on that line

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm good with the way FA is shaping up. Don't forget that we're going to need to resign some draft picks during this coming season so need some spare cash for that. Don't waste it all now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wish I was more optimistic. Maybe if they pick up a couple more interior linemen. And the way they ended the season really took a lot out of me. Thats not the was ascending teams finish. Not exactly inspiring me for the next season.

Doubts creep in telling me Fisher is nothing more than a .500 coach. I hope thats not what this talented team will end up to be.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The reality on these OLs part isn't matching up with the market demand they expected. The Rams (and others) must be pitching low ball offers to these linemen which is curious given the nice contracts that Britt and Kendricks just got.

Last edited:

Dickersn29

UDFA

I agree completely, FA pickups are stop gap resolutions and not long term fixes, We need to spend some high draft picks and fix the OL once and for all because it wont matter who the QB or RB's are if the OL is the weak link on this team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again one more at the very minimum would make me feel better.
USATSI_7451734-259x300.jpg

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Drafting olinemen is great but you cant start 3 rookies on the line at the same time. They need to sign two libemen then they will be set.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The expectations on these OLs part isn't matching up with the market demand they expected. The Rams (and others) must be pitching low ball offers to these linemen which is curious given the nice contracts that Britt and Kendricks just got.
I think Britt's contract is really a bargain. He isn't guaranteed much of anything and given how he seems to have turned his attitude around and motivates the rest of the crew, I think it's great. Saw career high in receptions and lead the receivers in yards despite splitting time with backups. I think he'll step it up. He's really entering his prime given some missed time in the past and only 27 years old.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting olinemen is great but you cant start 3 rookies on the line at the same time. They need to sign two libemen then they will be set.
I agree... not to sound like a broekn record, but IMO Center is the most important position to have some experience.

He calls the line formations and snaps (or, in Wells case, doesn't snap :cry:) the ball... lots going on and I'd much prefer experience there.

That's why I'd love to see a Wiz sighting at Rams Park!