Why Rod Chudzinski Makes Sense for OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He's now at LSU had to go back to the collegiate level after being fired by John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens a couple years ago. I was always a fan, but it did not work in Baltimore so he might want to stay where he's liked down on the Bayou.

Yeah, what happened with Cam Cameron? He was an up-and-comer and just really sputtered at a number of stops.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, what happened with Cam Cameron? He was an up-and-comer and just really sputtered at a number of stops.

Well, he was fired as Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins after going 1-15 in only one year and then was fired after a couple of seasons as offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens and replaced in mid season by Jim Caldwell thus aiding the Ravens to win the Super Bowl that very same year.

Cameron then decided to head back to college and accepted the job as OC with LSU. He's had checkered success there IMO because LSU can run, but they still don't have a Quarterback.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
New to posting on the board but have been reading for last 6 months. Here me out on Rod Chudzinski as both he and Shottenheimer stem from the Air Coryell/ Norv Turner vertical offense attack. I believe Shottenheimer first started with the Rams under Ernie Zampese and Chudzinski coached under Norv in San Diego and had him as his offensive coordinater in Cleveland in 2013. Chudzinski is just more innovative than Shottenheimer and attacks defenses like Greg Williams attacks offenses, WOW!!! just think what practice would be like with these two guys boy that would be fun to see. Shottenheimers playing calling wasn't terrible as there were worst offenses than ours but he just didn't know how to develop and utilize his young talent and Chudzinski has track record of that in San Diego, Carolina, and Cleveland. In some NFL circles they say Chudzinski could be next Bruce Arians, he's that good offensively.

If you go to the following link below you will see the 5 key elements to Norv Turner offense which are partly based on the Air Coryell philosophy of power running game and vertical passing attack utilizing big receivers with speed and a pass catching TE. The 5 key elements are:

1. High Yards per passing attempt - Turner’s offenses have been both productive and efficient in throwing the ball, which has yielded impressive yards per passing attempt numbers. With Turner calling the shots in San Diego, the Chargers were never below 6.42 yards per attempt and in fact ranked No. 1 in the category three times during his tenure (8.39 in 2008, 8.68 in 2009, 8.72 in 2010). Key to this point again is a solid offensive line who are good pass blockers and Rams just haven't nailed this piece, for success in 2015 we must solve our OL challenges suit up 5 guys that can work together in unity and keep the QB clean for the most, you can't avoid all sacks but if we can eliminate sacks at critical times then we will have success.

2. Size at Wide Receiver - A big part of Turner’s offenses being able to ring up big-time numbers has been big receivers. In San Diego, Turner’s top pass-catching wide receiver was Vincent Jackson, who measures in at 6-5, 230 pounds. Last year in Cleveland, Turner helped Josh Gordon, listed at 6-3, 225 pounds, lead the League in receiving yards with 1,646.
As you can see Shottenheimer was trying to utilize this aspect of Norv Turners offensive with our big receivers Britt, Quick, and even Cookie. Just think if we had healthy Bradford and solid OL Britt and Quick (if he didn't get hurt) potentially would have had 1,000 yards receiving each, shoot we haven't seen that since Holt and Bruce.

3. A Field-Stretching TE - Another element of Turner’s passing plan is a big, physical, field-stretching tight end who can present matchup nightmares for the opposing defense. These long, fast and strong pass catchers are too big for cornerbacks and too fast for linebackers, forcing a defense to either concede production or put a safety in coverage.
This was probably the big reason why we went out and got Jared Cook, but I wouldn't say Cookie is physical he is very soft for my taste, but just think what Chudzinski could do with Cook in his passing offense, we couldn potentially have 3 near 1,000 yard receivers.

4. Physical rushing Attack - Turner’s offenses are not all about air production. He loves a punishing ground attack and five times Turner’s offenses have produced the NFL’s leading rusher, with Emmitt Smith doing it three times (1991-93)and Ricky Williams (2002) and LaDainian Tomlinson (2007) doing it once each under Turner’s guidance.
This is what Fisher most wants from his offense a physical running game that punishes a defense and controls the clock. Tre Mason would do well under Chudzinski.

5. Shifty Scat Back - Just look at what Norv did with Darren Sproles and then think what Chud could do with Tavon Austion, enough said.

Let me know your thoughts?

Here is the link and another good link about Chudzinski and his time with the Colts

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...-Offense/b2e51c96-a157-4352-858e-99618ae34b0e

http://www.procanes.com/files/category-rob-chudzinski.html

Preach it, Brother!

Sincerely,

The Choir

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
New to posting on the board but have been reading for last 6 months. Here me out on Rod Chudzinski as both he and Shottenheimer stem from the Air Coryell/ Norv Turner vertical offense attack. I believe Shottenheimer first started with the Rams under Ernie Zampese and Chudzinski coached under Norv in San Diego and had him as his offensive coordinater in Cleveland in 2013. Chudzinski is just more innovative than Shottenheimer and attacks defenses like Greg Williams attacks offenses, WOW!!! just think what practice would be like with these two guys boy that would be fun to see. Shottenheimers playing calling wasn't terrible as there were worst offenses than ours but he just didn't know how to develop and utilize his young talent and Chudzinski has track record of that in San Diego, Carolina, and Cleveland. In some NFL circles they say Chudzinski could be next Bruce Arians, he's that good offensively.

If you go to the following link below you will see the 5 key elements to Norv Turner offense which are partly based on the Air Coryell philosophy of power running game and vertical passing attack utilizing big receivers with speed and a pass catching TE. The 5 key elements are:

1. High Yards per passing attempt - Turner’s offenses have been both productive and efficient in throwing the ball, which has yielded impressive yards per passing attempt numbers. With Turner calling the shots in San Diego, the Chargers were never below 6.42 yards per attempt and in fact ranked No. 1 in the category three times during his tenure (8.39 in 2008, 8.68 in 2009, 8.72 in 2010). Key to this point again is a solid offensive line who are good pass blockers and Rams just haven't nailed this piece, for success in 2015 we must solve our OL challenges suit up 5 guys that can work together in unity and keep the QB clean for the most, you can't avoid all sacks but if we can eliminate sacks at critical times then we will have success.

2. Size at Wide Receiver - A big part of Turner’s offenses being able to ring up big-time numbers has been big receivers. In San Diego, Turner’s top pass-catching wide receiver was Vincent Jackson, who measures in at 6-5, 230 pounds. Last year in Cleveland, Turner helped Josh Gordon, listed at 6-3, 225 pounds, lead the League in receiving yards with 1,646.
As you can see Shottenheimer was trying to utilize this aspect of Norv Turners offensive with our big receivers Britt, Quick, and even Cookie. Just think if we had healthy Bradford and solid OL Britt and Quick (if he didn't get hurt) potentially would have had 1,000 yards receiving each, shoot we haven't seen that since Holt and Bruce.

3. A Field-Stretching TE - Another element of Turner’s passing plan is a big, physical, field-stretching tight end who can present matchup nightmares for the opposing defense. These long, fast and strong pass catchers are too big for cornerbacks and too fast for linebackers, forcing a defense to either concede production or put a safety in coverage.
This was probably the big reason why we went out and got Jared Cook, but I wouldn't say Cookie is physical he is very soft for my taste, but just think what Chudzinski could do with Cook in his passing offense, we couldn potentially have 3 near 1,000 yard receivers.

4. Physical rushing Attack - Turner’s offenses are not all about air production. He loves a punishing ground attack and five times Turner’s offenses have produced the NFL’s leading rusher, with Emmitt Smith doing it three times (1991-93)and Ricky Williams (2002) and LaDainian Tomlinson (2007) doing it once each under Turner’s guidance.
This is what Fisher most wants from his offense a physical running game that punishes a defense and controls the clock. Tre Mason would do well under Chudzinski.

5. Shifty Scat Back - Just look at what Norv did with Darren Sproles and then think what Chud could do with Tavon Austion, enough said.

Let me know your thoughts?

Here is the link and another good link about Chudzinski and his time with the Colts

http://www.vikings.com/news/article...-Offense/b2e51c96-a157-4352-858e-99618ae34b0e

http://www.procanes.com/files/category-rob-chudzinski.html
Welcome aboard

While I like all of the things you pointed out the one thing I don't like about Chudzinski is that he probably would not be around long. I'm surprised he has not been more in the talk about the open HC jobs that are out there now. Thinking he would stick around longer than a year would be unlikely. I want someone who is able to develop talent, is able to grow the young offensive talent we have and is going to be her for 4 or 5 years so we can see some continuity.

I don't want one or two years of winning I want the Rams to be perennial contenders.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome aboard

While I like all of the things you pointed out the one thing I don't like about Chudzinski is that he probably would not be around long. I'm surprised he has not been more in the talk about the open HC jobs that are out there now. Thinking he would stick around longer than a year would be unlikely. I want someone who is able to develop talent, is able to grow the young offensive talent we have and is going to be her for 4 or 5 years so we can see some continuity.

I don't want one or two years of winning I want the Rams to be perennial contenders.

I feel the same. He is clearly a one year hire if he comes to the Rams because this offense will probably explode with him running it. But that's a good problem I suppose.

Personally I think the guy is going to be a very good head coach. He got screwed in Cleveland, his team played well and he looked to be off to a strong start. The staff he put together was impressive, it was really a raw deal to run him out of town like the owner did. When he gets his next shot I do think he will do well.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome aboard brotha great first post couldn't agree more

ausmurp

Starter
Nice post.
What you say makes sense. I would not have an issue with him as it seems it could be a fairly smooth transition. I just do not someone that is going to require a major shift in approach or personal.

So you want someone who will continue to use same approach and scheme and thus continue the Trent of bottom dwelling offense? I don't get it.

I want someone who will switch it up and put out a top 16 offense. Top 16 is all I want. So sad. Lol.

ausmurp

Starter
trend*

Not saying Chud would be that, but your words make it sound like you are just fine with our offense the past 6 seasons...

fearsomefour

Legend
So you want someone who will continue to use same approach and scheme and thus continue the Trent of bottom dwelling offense? I don't get it.

I want someone who will switch it up and put out a top 16 offense. Top 16 is all I want. So sad. Lol.
Not happy with the results, no. Going a couple of weeks without scoring a TD on O is, well, very weak.
What I am saying is I don't want a major shift in philosophy that would require an overhaul in personal. The Rams have invested in WR, TE, RB ect. The O line is next (again)....I just don't want to have to remake the roster on the O side of the ball....it takes too long. I don't think the Rams are all that far away on O despite the struggles this year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice first post!

I like Chud as well.