Why Rams Last 9 Years May Be Worst In Nfl History - 101espn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Why does the topic of year to year lease and franchise uncertainty keep coming up in this thread? How about let's just change the subject the something more uplifting lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
So we've been actually "winning" at something at least. Man Shane, shouldn't you provide a warning at the top of this alerting Ram Fans that this article may not be safe to read if you're depressed or if there are small Ram Fans present. lol

At least you didn't include the 90's in this,,, that would have just put some people completely over the edge. :peek:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the comment, but the article was not about this season.

I'm saying there were only 8 bad years. I wouldn't count this one as a bad year. We showed something this year. This team is so close to being good. The expectations at this point are making us crazy! All we, as Rams fans, do is argue about what to do with our draft riches. We're like a bunch of spoiled children. The implosion of RG3 (he'll be good again next year) has just been icing on the cake.

The bad luck stretch is over.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thank you for the kind words. I have done a lot of draft stuff in the past. I do plan to this year as well, but things will change a TON after the combine and I want to wait to see what happens there before I dive in. As for this piece, I wanted to show how the St. Louis fan is unfairly criticized when dealing with such a ridiculous nine year stretch. The piece was meant as a positive in that way. :)

Sounds like a grand plan and I'm excited. Keep up the good work, buddy. :D

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why does the topic of year to year lease and franchise uncertainty keep coming up in this thread? How about let's just change the subject the something more uplifting lol

That is a big part of the last nine years. I agree, it is not an uplifting topic.

STL-Rams

Starter
So we've been actually "winning" at something at least. Man Shane, shouldn't you provide a warning at the top of this alerting Ram Fans that this article may not be safe to read if you're depressed or if there are small Ram Fans present. lol

At least you didn't include the 90's in this,,, that would have just put some people completely over the edge. :peek:

Yes, it was wrong of me not to add a warning label to this column. :) I do apologize, my friend. Good hearing from you, though. :)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I'm saying there were only 8 bad years. I wouldn't count this one as a bad year. We showed something this year. This team is so close to being good. The expectations at this point are making us crazy! All we, as Rams fans, do is argue about what to do with our draft riches. We're like a bunch of spoiled children. The implosion of RG3 (he'll be good again next year) has just been icing on the cake.

The bad luck stretch is over.
I do think he'll rebound as well, but I just have a feeling that he's going to be up and down throughout his career as a QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why is the cut-off 9 years?
Is there a worse team over the past decade?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Love ya Shane, but I couldn't read past 4th or 5th line. Just way too painful. Now giveme some of that offseason koolaid :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hey Shane one thing I would have added was that horrible stretch is why this is the biggest rebuild ever. Fans are impatient, and short sighted about how big of a job this is. Yes fans have had to endure years of crap and still a lot of the care about the Rams. But then they dismiss how big of a job Snead, Demoff and Fisher inherited.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Because, you can't cry woe is me unless you manipulate things juuuuust right. Those particular 5 years are being offered to explain why the attendance STILL sucks. That was two years ago and a whole regime change later. If the fans in St. Louis can't see things are getting better and that this group deserves support because of what a different owner, GM and coaching staff did, then they deserve CRITICISM not pity.

Alan

Legend
There's still a little thing called a recession from which not many have recovered. With the cutoff of unemployment compensation it's only going to get worse. 9.9% in St. Louis and 7.2% in Missouri. That doesn't include those who have completely given up trying to find a job.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well that was a depressing read. I really hope this is the year that they finally have a winning record. I'm sick of the losing

STL-Rams

Starter

X, yes there were a couple who were worse in regard to playoffs and winning % if 2004 is added in so I chose to simplify it with 15-65 and the stadium issue to just go back nine. Hope you are well my friend we need to catch up.

STL-Rams

Starter
Love ya Shane, but I couldn't read past 4th or 5th line. Just way too painful. Now giveme some of that offseason koolaid :)
I will try, my friend! Looking forward to some draft coverage post-combine as well as some looks at the upcoming season, of which I feel holds much promise if things go well with the draft and free agency.

fearsomefour

Legend
As always, thanks for the write up Shane.
One important thing to take away from those numbers is that there was a fairly constant turnover in terms of coaching staffs over that time frame. One common thread you will see with franchises that are struggling for long periods in the NFL is a coaching merry-go-round. Some may not love Fisher, but, there is no denying he is a legit NFL coach. Some may not love Bradford, but, I think he has proven himself (without much help for a good bit of his time in St. Louis) a legit NFL QB. A franchise must have good leadership (owner, GM, HC) with a vision as to where the team is now and where it is going. For the first time in years the Rams have this. People that call for a change at QB or coach or whatever have no perspective on the Rams history or NFL history. Stay the course and be patient. Consistancy and patience are the only way the Rams will be led out of the wilderness of failure.

In my opinion that 2009 1-15 team may have been the worst in modern NFL history. Worse than the Lions team that went 0-16.

STL-Rams

Starter
As always, thanks for the write up Shane.
One important thing to take away from those numbers is that there was a fairly constant turnover in terms of coaching staffs over that time frame. One common thread you will see with franchises that are struggling for long periods in the NFL is a coaching merry-go-round. Some may not love Fisher, but, there is no denying he is a legit NFL coach. Some may not love Bradford, but, I think he has proven himself (without much help for a good bit of his time in St. Louis) a legit NFL QB. A franchise must have good leadership (owner, GM, HC) with a vision as to where the team is now and where it is going. For the first time in years the Rams have this. People that call for a change at QB or coach or whatever have no perspective on the Rams history or NFL history. Stay the course and be patient. Consistancy and patience are the only way the Rams will be led out of the wilderness of failure.

In my opinion that 2009 1-15 team may have been the worst in modern NFL history. Worse than the Lions team that went 0-16.

Thank you for the kind words, Fearsomefour. You make some outstanding points. And I don't disagree at all: the arrow is clearly pointing up for the Rams.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X, yes there were a couple who were worse in regard to playoffs and winning % if 2004 is added in so I chose to simplify it with 15-65 and the stadium issue to just go back nine. Hope you are well my friend we need to catch up.
Seems misleading to me. The whole foundation of your article is that Rams fans have had it the "worst".