Why Not Us?... seriously Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My 5 keys to a successful season:

Sam plays 16 games.
The OL remains healthy.
Quick lives up to this off season hype.
Ogletree Becomes an All Pro.
Jenkins and Johnson provide + play.

All 5 are question marks, but if all 5 come to fruition (and there's no reason all 5 can't) we will be successful.

We only need 1 and 2 - if that happens, we're golden.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sam plays 16 games.
The OL remains healthy.

All 5 are question marks, but if all 5 come to fruition (and there's no reason all 5 can't) we will be successful.
this is my point. we had none of that last year and still almost broke .500 so if ONLY 2 or 3 of those things come true than tack on at least 2 or 3 more wins. Thats why this .500 prediction pisses me off when this team is nowhere near how it was last year or the year before

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just real quick simple discussion I want to clarify. I'm a bit upset with Wagoner's 8-8 prediction. He seems to flipflop while many outside analysts are more optimistic. Quick list here. I might post this for Wagoner this Friday.

1. Remember how Bradford went 4-1-1 in division before and 14-4 recording last season? Ok keep that thought baking.

2. Defense huge upgrade on all fronts from good rookies to depth to coaching and scheme. Top 10 even Top 5 predictions pretty unanimous.

3. Offensive Line upgrade. Solid Top 10 unit IF all healthy.

4. Run game evolving, depth, 1-2 even 3 punch backs, solid line to run behind. Solid Top 10 prediction right?

5. WRs all seem much improved at least through camp. High expectations on so many that by odds alone a few pan out, hopefully improved and polished Schotty scheme.

With all this in mind why cant we go at LEAST 10-6 and make a deep playoff run if at least 75% of these expectations come through? 7-9 with a backup QB, a soft D scheme, toughest schedule, and crushing wins against Chicago, Indy, New Orleans. Consistency is here to stay I believe. And you dont crush multiple playoff teams with luck, just FOCUSED talent. I'm a long lived pessimistic Rams fan but this year... I can smell it in the air.
I for one have really been questioning of late weather Wagoner is truly a Ram Fan or is it just a Job he was given!?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's a fair prediction. We can hope all we want, but while we're a much improved team we're in the toughest division in football with a lot of developing do.

I agree. It's not going to be easy to beat any of their division opponents.

And, the non-division opponents are no easy bunch either.

Said it in another thread, Wagoner is entitled to his opinion, as is everyone here.

But, until the Rams start winning consistently, the lack of respect will continue.

It's up to them!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not?

Seattle, SF, Arizona

Another maybe .500 year.
i didnt realize these were teams we havent beaten before when we had a worse roster.... oh wait we did : )
dont just sound like another ESPN analyst

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Sam plays 16 games.
The OL remains healthy.

If all of those happen we might win the division easily. TO make the plays offs we really only need 2 of those things to be true

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Because he works for ESPN, now. Their all up in KerperWilson's jock strap. It's the company line.

Rambition

Rookie
i suspect that when the rams reel off 4 straight wins to start the season, he will reconsider.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
An 8-8 prediction is a cover-your-ass guess.

+/- 2 games and that prediction is still within the ballpark.