Why NFC West is Best in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Sports Illustrated senior writer Greg Bishop discusses whether the Seahawks will repeat as Super Bowl champions and why the NFC West is the best division in the NFL. (2:39)

Watch NFC West Discussion

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Cardinals look weaker across the board than us

Irish

Starter
Seahawks are absolutely dominant

Cardinals are a paper tiger

49'ers are riddled with injuries, holdouts, and selfish criminals

Rams are unknown on both sides of the ball

I bought into the NFC West being the best division narrative, but now I am not so sure. Too many unknowns outside of the Seahawks, and you can't ignore how good many teams are. AFC West is a criminally underrated division with the Broncos, Chiefs, and Chargers.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think the NFCN has the best chance to overtake the NFCW. They got the best QB's, not counting the Vikings.

There's so much druel over the Niners, Cards, and Seahawks. I hate hearing about our division because I know they're gonna have something good to say for 3 out of the four teams.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
It's all about the defenses......any team that plays against the NFC West is in for a tough haul. The NFC East teams should make out their living will! :sneaky:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
How so? The only thing the Rams have going is the D line. Cards are better at every other position.

Linebacker? You guys lost Dansby, and Washington was rightfully suspended for his off-the-field conduct. We still have Laurinaitis and Ogletree. We win there. Secondary, I'll grant you. Quarterback, I'll grant you. Running back? You're not as deep as we are. We have Stacy, Cunningham, and Mason. I'll grant your starting wideouts, but our depth is significantly more proven. Offensive line? No. As an entire unit, we definitely win over your offensive line.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
How so? The only thing the Rams have going is the D line. Cards are better at every other position.

Better o line, tight ends, running backs, linebackers(no washington) and d line. Quarterback is a wash, you have the secondary and receivers. Don't kid yourself.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hmmm I'd have to say QB favors the Cards as well if we're being honest

jjab360

Legend
You guys have the secondary and receivers, we have the better D-line, O-line, RBs, and linebackers, QB is about even. Game is won in the trenches and we have you there on both sides, without a doubt.

jjab360

Legend
Hmmm I'd have to say QB favors the Cards as well if we're being honest
Exact same career passer rating, though Palmer has more experience of course. Even still, Hill is a gamer and a competitor, Palmer folds under pressure and you have to question his love for the game when he threatened to retire at such a young age and didn't seem to have any problem following through.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Better o line, tight ends, running backs, linebackers(no washington) and d line. Quarterback is a wash, you have the secondary and receivers. Don't kid yourself.
Disagree on Palmer. He played very well 2nd half of last season. Shaun Hill could be good enough for what we do, but Palmer gets the edge there IMO. Ellington is better than anyone we have but we're deeper at RB.
Agree with the rest.
DLine
LB's
OLine
TE's
Edge Rams

Special teams edge Rams as well.

Also team colors. Edge Rams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Disagree on Palmer. He played very well 2nd half of last season. Shaun Hill could be good enough for what we do, but Palmer gets the edge there IMO. Ellington is better than anyone we have but we're deeper at RB.
Agree with the rest.
DLine
LB's
OLine
TE's
Edge Rams

Special teams edge Rams as well.

Also team colors. Edge Rams.

And rams have a better football logo.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Exact same career passer rating, though Palmer has more experience of course. Even still, Hill is a gamer and a competitor, Palmer folds under pressure and you have to question his love for the game when he threatened to retire at such a young age and didn't seem to have any problem following through.
You kidding me? I don't blame him after playing for the crap owner of the Bengals who never really invests in a winning team! lol
He has experience which is worth its weight in gold, has seen a ton of stuff. I like Hill alot but Palmer has alot more at this point and time

Dick84

I started a post on this... I think that the "NFC West is the best division in football" narrative will be one we find isn't true at the end of the season.
Hawks won't take a step back.. but 9ers and Cards are primed to.
Rams? Let's see how Hill rolls.. they could surpise.