Why it took us to the 4th Quarter to start to dominate them

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I knew the Cardinals would come out fired up because they want to win the first game for their new coach. I also knew that Arians would try all their most successful plays they had practiced so that he could get the team winning in his first game.

But even more importantly, remember, this is a new offense and defense for the Cardinals. The Rams didn't know how to game plan against them. I think they were playing it safe in the first half because they didn't know how to scheme. Once they played against them for three quarters the Rams had a better idea of what they were doing. Then, the Rams made the proper adjustments and they dominated the Cardinals in the 4th quarter.

I think we'll see more 4th quarter Rams this season.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re: Why it took us to the 4th Quarter to start to dominate t

A Seahags fan, sitting next to me at the sports bar, and I were joking during the first 3-quarters that Fish was going to keep his game plan under wraps until the 4th qtr.

nighttrain

Legend

play calling in first half was for last years Ram Team. Let it loose Shott.
train

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

There was a dramatic shift in the whole team dynamic in the 4th quarter.

I don't know what happened to the Cards but they just ran out of steam.

The Rams OTOH were energized in the 4th quarter on both sides of the ball.

This seems to be a trademark of a Fisher team. I remember it from the SB.

I just wish Fisher didn't play it so close to the vest for 3 quarters going forward.

Bottom line is that the Rams offense gave the Cards 14 pts and still won. I'll take it and move on to Atlanta.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory

Stranger said:
A Seahags fan, sitting next to me at the sports bar, and I were joking during the first 3-quarters that Fish was going to keep his game plan under wraps until the 4th qtr.

Ha. It's funny how everyone was overreacting on twitter that we were playing so 'vanilla' and then Sam runs that beautiful PA TD to Cook who was completely uncovered and followed it up with a QB run for the 2 pt conversion and those talks died.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

The score should have been 34 - 17 if not for the 2 whacked plays.

Despite the staggering momentum shift that each of those plays created... We battled through and finished strong. Huge amount of character shown... this dog ain't ever gonna stop fighting. Love it.