Why is Stedman Bailey Getting No Playing Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't get me wrong Legatron I think Bailey is a very good football player but we need a playmaker at the wr position. We also shouldn't forget that we have
1-a new QB in a new system
2-a new RB in a new system
3-the most inexperienced oline in the NFL
4- our best WR, my opinion, coming off a devastating injury.
We need to have faith guys we will get better.
These are some very good points! Let me just add. this is the Bye Week so look for these obvious things to happen:
* The team will evaluate how they are using each and every WR and RB they have, and make adjustments!
* The will Look at what is working and not working for both the "O" and "D" and make adjustments!
* They will look for Flaws in every players "Game" and help him work on them!
These things happen every Bye Week. Nothing New! But it's always critical!
I Trust in Fisher and Williams and the rest of the Staff!! They will do it and we will Win the West and MORE!!
Personally, I'd like to see them use Gurley the way we used Marshall Faulk in the GSOT Days!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
These are some very good points! Let me just add. this is the Bye Week so look for these obvious things to happen:
* The team will evaluate how they are using each and every WR and RB they have, and make adjustments!
* The will Look at what is working and not working for both the "O" and "D" and make adjustments!
* They will look for Flaws in every players "Game" and help him work on them!
These things happen every Bye Week. Nothing New! But it's always critical!
I Trust in Fisher and Williams and the rest of the Staff!! They will do it and we will Win the West and MORE!!
Personally, I'd like to see them use Gurley the way we used Marshall Faulk in the GSOT Days!
Dave always making me feel we can win the next one....Lets do this!!!! Hope they had Jack Youngblood down for another visit....Hell, call Carl Ekern!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dave always making me feel we can win the next one....Lets do this!!!! Hope they had Jack Youngblood down for another visit....Hell, call Carl Ekern!
Thanks! I do my best! I think Jack would come back and help at the Drop of a hat! Carl Ekern, great idea, I'd love to see him myself!!(y)(y)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I doubt it. He has been our most reliable WR and they won't even play him full time there.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to see how the offense goes with Cook out and Harkey in at TE. Like others have said that lets Bailey run the slot, Britt and Quick as WR (Rams really need Quick to step up badly) and Tavon being used all over the place.
Cig has to figure out away to stop letting Foles get hit so much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The second most hit QB in the NFL isn't patient in the pocket? You don't say.

Do you realize that was A) from the Seattle game where he received pretty solid protection and B) written almost two weeks ago?

Foles was not the second most hit QB at that point and had no business leaving the pocket on that play against Seattle.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Do you realize that was A) from the Seattle game where he received pretty solid protection and B) written almost two weeks ago?

Foles was not the second most hit QB at that point and had no business leaving the pocket on that play against Seattle.

Seattle? The game with no Gurley, Mason or Quick? His first start as a Rams QB in a new scheme and a new o-line?

I thought we scored 27 offensive points and won that game? No?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm at wits f*#!ing end when it comes to Cook and Britt. I just do not understand the Rams' continued inability to promote better players over them for more snaps. I don't care if Britt is butt-hurt by it, or if Cook tanks afterwards. Neither of those guys are going to get this team over the hump. We know what both of them are: inconsistent players who are not going to live up to their talent.

Fish cut bait on Givens, which is great. He was also in the same category as the above two. It was a great call. But why in god's green earth can he not see what is right in front of his face? These guys have a WR who runs good routes and CATCHES THE BALL in Bailey. The dude is a perfect fit for a QB who has the balls to throw it and give opportunities for contested catches. For all his warts Foles does that.

They have done the right thing with Gurley by playing the guy who gives the team the best chance to win. Why the F they can't see the same thing with Bailey being a regular over Cook and Britt I just don't understand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Bailey's skill set isn't speed. He doesn't "separate" like Austin did vs. Sherman by blowing right by anyone. It isn't height--he's not going to high-point a ball above smaller DB's.
Bailey's game is possession. Somehow, even with a DB draped on him, he comes down with the ball. If you haven't already, check out Bailey's WV highlight reel--it's ridiculous! 40+ TD catches? He + Austin MADE Geno Smith's reputation much more glowing than it was. Hands?? Catching skills?? The "mountaineer" play, he caught the ball running away from it, over the shoulder....no one on this squad makes that clutch catch but Bailey. When the Seabiscuits did it a few games ago w/ Sherman, Sherman had to turn completely around & face the ball--dead giveaway. He didn't get very far. The on-side kick in his rookie year that Bailey came up with?? etc., etc.
Scheming him open or to get him some separation advantage is the key to him getting more passes... plus, it wouldn't hurt if we could pass block. :(

Edit: here's his JUNIOR YEAR highlights:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTg9FJmtQ8

Many "highlight reels" I see of WR's have 5-6 great catches, each from 5 different angles w/ lots of video tricks to make them seem more spectacular. But there's nothing more spectacular than one video with 25 TD catches, some in snow, some highly contested, etc., etc. all from ONE season. Some plays I thought were just repeats, but then I see they're different TD's from the SAME game.

Last edited: