Why Is Rams Home Opener Vs. RGIII and Redskins Not Sold Out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Iron Lion

Starter
Re: Why Is Rams Home Opener Vs. RGIII and Redskins Not Sold

Because St Louis is too far away from Washington DC.

OK that was mean, I'm sorry. :twisted:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Because the citizens of St. Louis take for granted our beloved RAMS!

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Barrison6 said:

I have to respectfully disagree with that...

The city has dealt with the worst five year stretch in NFL history, as detailed in the article, AND has a lease cloud yet remaining. That is a tough combo.

I can't blame the fans too much on this one, although I wish the dome were packed myself.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

STL-Rams said:
Barrison6 said:

The city has dealt with the worst five year stretch in NFL history, as detailed in the article, AND has a lease cloud yet remaining. That is a tough combo.

I can't blame the fans too much on this one, although I wish the dome were packed myself.
Although I have a notoriously metalic ear for such things, METHINKS Barri was poking fun
All that aside,I think the futility is part of it and if we had been just an average of 8-8 over the Rams tenure in St.L it would be sold out.
I checked the weather for Sunday and it's calling for rain so IMO it'll sell out.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Thordaddy said:
STL-Rams said:
Barrison6 said:

Although I have a notoriously metalic ear for such things, METHINKS Barri was poking fun
All that aside,I think the futility is part of it and if we had been just an average of 8-8 over the Rams tenure in St.L it would be sold out.
I checked the weather for Sunday and it's calling for rain so IMO it'll sell out.
I understand that we have been bad, really bad, but if I lived within a 10 mile radius of EJD, my ass would be there. Just saying. I also believe no matter where the team is located their aren't enough fans like us here at ROD, that would fill every seat up.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Barrison6 said:
Thordaddy said:
STL-Rams said:
Barrison6 said:

I understand that we have been bad, really bad, but if I lived within a 10 mile radius of EJD, my ass would be there. Just saying. I also believe no matter where the team is located their aren't enough fans like us here at ROD, that would fill every seat up.

Im with you Barry. I dont think StL appreciate the Rams. If I lived in StL Id be there in a heartbeat.

StL packs Busch Stadium full of 40,000+ 82 times a year. They can barely do that 8 times a year for the Rams.

If they win, will they start selling out? Yeah, but real fans should support team in fair and foul weather.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

STL-Rams said:
Barrison6 said:

These are similar reasons why the Rams relocated to St. Louis. Fault or not, pack the stadium or prepare to move. L.A. fans still love the Rams, but it's not love that keeps a team in place. It's MONEY.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I wish that ppl would support the Rams no matter what, make the place so tough to play.

Chiefs, Bills, Jets, Redskins, Raiders etc...these are teams that have been bad more times than not lately yet their stadiums are always packed and screaming.

I guess it's sort of unfair, the Rams don't have much history in St. Louis except the GSOT like those teams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Angry Ram said:
I wish that ppl would support the Rams no matter what, make the place so tough to play.

Chiefs, Bills, Jets, Redskins, Raiders etc...these are teams that have been bad more times than not lately yet their stadiums are always packed and screaming.

I guess it's sort of unfair, the Rams don't have much history in St. Louis except the GSOT like those teams.
Two more posts ...

excited-face1.jpg

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Angry Ram said:

+100000000

The Chiefs have one of the best home field advantages in the league. The Seahawks, who have only been ok for a long time now, has the best home field advantage.

Seattle's the opposite of StL. They show diehard support for the Seahawks, yet hardly any for the Mariners, and they showed zero support for the Supersonics. StL supports the Cards through thick and thin, but dont seam to care much for the Rams unless they win.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angry Ram said:

Really? The Raiders have 82 blackouts since moving to Oakland... Always packed? Not even close. Bills have had blackouts of late. Chiefs have had some years of late with attendance well down as articles in the KC Star spoke of half full stadiums.

There's bad play, and then there is the WORST five years in NFL history COUPLED WITH an ongoing lease situation. Unique situation.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Guys, let's not start this shit. We've gone long enough without the divide on here.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I think The Lou has been hit pretty hard economically, no? I believe I read something not too long ago about homeless tent cities in the heart of downtown which is pretty surreal considering I live in a part of the country where the economy is booming. It's frustrating for a guy like me who'd give my left nut to see his favorite team play, but it's a crazy world we're living in the past 5 years or so...terrible record notwithstanding.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Some interesting points, and I don't know how anyone else feels, but the record wouldn't mean jack to me if I lived in the area. I'd go to every one I had a chance to go to (if financially possible). I've only been to 5 Rams games, and that's not nearly enough.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
Some interesting points, and I don't know how anyone else feels, but the record wouldn't mean jack to me if I lived in the area. I'd go to every one I had a chance to go to (if financially possible). I've only been to 5 Rams games, and that's not nearly enough.
I think the economy could have been part of the issue.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

DR RAM said:
X said:
I think the economy could have been part of the issue.
Then get a second job, bitches. Just make sure you stipulate up front that you can't work on Sundays.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

X said:

It doesn't matter to a shit load of diehards that still go to every game. I mean, there's just over a thousand left for the opener. The NFL has hit attendance problems all over btw. Yes, St. Louis has been hit financially as have a lot of cities in America. The team has literately been the worst in NFL history over the past half decade, there's a recession the size of the great depression, and you have extra issues like the team possibly moving and the lockout.

St. Louis has and will support the Rams. If they can show even minimal progress tickets will get sold again. 2010 got the wheel turning again, then 2011 fucked us. St. Louis is a great sports town for anything. The people who say "it's a baseball town" are simply wrong. As shit. The Cardinals are 11 time WS champions with 2 of those coming in the last 5 years. Of course the Cardinals get more "support" as of recently. Compare that to what the Rams have done in that time period. If you think this team would get better "support" in any other city facing the same circumstances you are wrong.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Give Kroenke some time guys.
St.L will support an average team, but not a terrible one.

The Rams ( Shaw and CO) have been bad in unprecedented measure after blowing a dynastic opportunity over money.

The game will sell out ,but St.L fans have been treated to the best baseball franchise in the NL so they have higher expectations and frankly IF the Rams were going to stay this bad ,I wouldn't go wouldn't give a damn if they moved.
OLD Thordaddy-ism, Why do the Cubs suck? because their fans will fill the stadium win or lose.
You should ALL be glad the St.L fans are discerning ,it's all that forced Shaw to spring for the GSOT

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Trichopathophobia

Fear of excessive facial hair.

Damn Fisher Stache. :mrgreen: