Why is Pettis starting??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsNation

Rookie
I'm not buying that our offense is this bad,I've seen some good things these two games but also a lot of work to be done.The one thing that has been a constant and now it's making me scratch my head real hard....why is Pettis starting??2 games into the preseason I don't think he has seen a single target.Ive watched him and he doesn't get much separation or anything.I hope/think they are setting Quick/Bailey up to eventually replace Pettis across from Givens on the outside.I think Pettis is a average WR and all his reps are better served to Quick who is highly talented.Apparently he has had a good camp and is light years ahead of last year,I hope he gets the start with the 1's vs the Broncos.And Pettis isn't even making a case for himself to start he isn't doing anything lol.Idk anybody else feel the same way about this as me??

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, we aren't scheming. So, like most everyone else we aren't really seeing them at their best.

That said; I agree. While I love what Pettis brings to the red zone and situational play, I got to believe someone else (Quick or Bailey) brings more to the table as an outside WR.

F. Mulder

Starter
I want to see Pettis in red zone, third down, and certain packages. I want to see more Givens/Austin/Quick (or Bailey if he continues to improve). I just feel Pettis is easily single -covered allowing them double Givens or Austin.

fearsomefour

Legend
Im sure Pettis has earned the starting spot because he knows the offense better, runs the right route, makes adjustments on at the line better and is more reliable in the coaches eyes. A lot more to it than just height and 40 time. I dont know how long he hangs onto that spot. With so many different looks, 3 WR, empty backfield, Cook playing out at a WR spot the idea of having two "starting" WR doesnt mean what it used to anyway.

Memphis Ram

Legend
He's Ricky Proehl. Dane Looker. Even Brandon Gibson. A clutch 4th WR on a team still looking for a #2 guy. IMO, that #2 spot is crying for Brian Quick.

FRO

Legend
I don't know if Quick starts the season as a starter, but I think he will finish the season as one. He looks better than last year by far. I think he progresses weekly. I see him as a redshirt freshman.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Because he's the most experienced of the group and by default is the starter.