Why is Carey Davis concerned with the depth of the Rams' O?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Carey Davis explains why he is worried about the Rams' offensive depth 8-26-13

[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/carey-davis-explains-why-he-is[/101]

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Re: Why is Carey Davis concerned with the depth of the Rams'

Who the heck is Carey Davis?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

albefree69 said:
Who the heck is Carey Davis?
haha. We were on the same wave there, buddy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

He's been doing a lot with 101ESPN. Former fullback for the Colts, I believe.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

X said:
He's been doing a lot with 101ESPN. Former fullback for the Colts, I believe.

OH he's THE Carey Davis :ww:

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Yeah, my biggest criticism of 101 ESPN is Carey Davis and Michael Young...not that they are bad at what they do, just who the heck are they and WHY are they doing RAMS analysis? Why not bring in someone that played for the Rams that is local?

I realize that they have to find guys that are willing to do it...but Andy mcCollum lives here...so does Aeneas Williams...or even an ex St.Louis Cardinal would make more sense. Just saying...

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Sum1BTRthnU said:
Yeah, my biggest criticism of 101 ESPN is Carey Davis and Michael Young...not that they are bad at what they do, just who the heck are they and WHY are they doing RAMS analysis? Why not bring in someone that played for the Rams that is local?

I realize that they have to find guys that are willing to do it...but Andy mcCollum lives here...so does Aeneas Williams...or even an ex St.Louis Cardinal would make more sense. Just saying...

Carey Davis is a local kid who made it in the NFL. Played on a Super Bowl Pittsburgh Steeler team. Just because he isn't a "name" that people who only follow the Rams might know. Doesn't mean he isnt qualified to talk about the NFL and/or the Rams.

Actually think he is more fair in his comments without the agenda that say a Tony Softli might be.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

CoachO setting the bar very low:
Carey Davis is a local kid who made it in the NFL. Played on a Super Bowl Pittsburgh Steeler team. Just because he isn't a "name" that people who only follow the Rams might know. Doesn't mean he isnt qualified to talk about the NFL and/or the Rams.

Actually think he is more fair in his comments without the agenda than say a Tony Softli might be.

Good story. I wasn't going to listen but you just changed my mind. :bg:

Being better than Softli isn't saying very much IMO.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Actually think he is more fair in his comments without the agenda that say a Tony Softli might be.

I covered that...not the point. I'm just saying it would appeal to me as a Ram fan to have a player connected to the team in some capacity. Carey's opinion may as well be Howard Balzers or Michelle Smallmons...just another guy when an average fan doesn't know who they are.

But I digress...not like it will get us anywhere... :lol: :oops:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

True. At least he is raising good questions, like why is Quick not playing.

Softli is a tool. He has a huge agenda against Pead and keeps saying 'I love you, brother'. Just nauseating.

V3

Hall of Fame

Sum1BTRthnU said:
CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I covered that...not the point. I'm just saying it would appeal to me as a Ram fan to have a player connected to the team in some capacity. Carey's opinion may as well be Howard Balzers or Michelle Smallmons...just another guy when an average fan doesn't know who they are.

Do you like reading or listening to Jim Thomas? I'm not sure what makes him any better. At least Davis played in the NFL and knows more about the intricacies. I actually think Davis is pretty good.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Very, very small sample size but he seems OK to me.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

V3 said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Do you like reading or listening to Jim Thomas? I'm not sure what makes him any better. At least Davis played in the NFL and knows more about the intricacies. I actually think Davis is pretty good.

Not particularly...but one thing I do know is that if Thomas reports something it's been confirmed and is in fact true.

Again, it isn't that Davis doesn't know what he's talking about. Just seems to me there should be a former Ram with just as much credibility that would make more sense. Not sure why this is getting past you fellas.

V3

Hall of Fame

Sum1BTRthnU said:
V3 said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:
CoachO said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Not particularly...but one thing I do know is that if Thomas reports something it's been confirmed and is in fact true.

Again, it isn't that Davis doesn't know what he's talking about. Just seems to me there should be a former Ram with just as much credibility that would make more sense. Not sure why this is getting past you fellas.

That's fair. I wonder who would be good at that? I have no idea who still lives here so it makes it hard to figure out. Pace comes to mind(does he still live here?). I didn't think he was too bad. Just needed some more practice. I think radio would be better for him where it's more regimented than live TV. Maybe the Doughnut Brothers? I'm pretty sure they still live here and they were well spoken and had good personalities.

Any other ideas?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

V3 said:
That's fair. I wonder who would be good at that? I have no idea who still lives here so it makes it hard to figure out. Pace comes to mind(does he still live here?). I didn't think he was too bad. Just needed some more practice. I think radio would be better for him where it's more regimented than live TV. Maybe the Doughnut Brothers? I'm pretty sure they still live here and they were well spoken and had good personalities.

Any other ideas?
Frerotte was really, really good when he was here - even though he was only a Ram a couple of years. Other good candidates would be Corey Chavous and Kurt Warner, but neither would leave their gigs to come slum around 101ESPN. lol. I could live with any former player from any team, to be honest. They bring more to the table than any regular opinionated local journalist could.