Why I knew Goff was the answer not the problem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Here is another analyticaL breakdown of Goff's play. It focuses on the Rams in 2019. it's a great tutorial on what happens when the scheme he's playing in requires better play from the o-line. It shows where Goff's mechanics breakdown and why. It also shows when he's got the time he's as good as any QB in the NFL. It also says what I've been saying that if the o-line is simply average the Ram offense can be very scary. This breakdown illustrates why during last year I was adamantly advocating for a change in the blocking scheme on their run plays. It would not only improve the run attack but it would have a major impact upon the passing game. McVay's offense is predicated upon plays built around deception, and play action. An inside run attack forces the LBs to honor it opening up passing options and gives Goff time to execute the pass offense.

I knew then it wasn't the o-line personnel it was the coaching and the scheme that was the problem. This offense runs through Goff so understanding what he needs to be successful will give people a better understanding of the Ram offense.

Enjoy because it's another very good watch!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeG3MKJzyPU&list=PLsk0f0liyyb43OD9vUIdyGkKjL8rmzlWA&index=20

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Goff is a very good player when he gets protection. He does need to improve under pressure, but he has won me over with his play. The key is protecting him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew then it wasn't the o-line personnel it was the coaching and the scheme that was the problem.

The running schemes didn't make our OL unable to pass block for half to two-thirds of the season last year.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Goff was always pretty good on the move but it seems like maybe he has gotten stronger, it doesn’t seem like there’s as much windup as before.

Ellard80

Legend
okay okay.. lol

He has been awesome so far.. but it's bee a total of 2 games.

You guys just love to jinx shit!

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
He’s amazing when he’s relaxed, he’s dog shit when he gets anxious.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
He was under pressure with a lot at stake in the NFC Championship Game in New Orleans and he was money the second half.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What was he 13 for 13 starting the game?

I believe he was and the incomplete pass on the 14th throw, his arm was hit...Key is play action, Goff much better as he is a master of the fake, straight drop back is still a work in progress, but the throw to Henderson was perfect.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He really needs to improve under pressure. He's playing great, but the INT in week one was bad (yes, it shouldn't have counted, but it still wasn't a good decision).

It feels like if you just blitz him and his first read isn't there, it's going to be an incomplete pass

jjab360

Legend
He really needs to improve under pressure. He's playing great, but the INT in week one was bad (yes, it shouldn't have counted, but it still wasn't a good decision).

It feels like if you just blitz him and his first read isn't there, it's going to be an incomplete pass
Let's see how well any QB throws the ball while being punched in the face lol

Flint

Pro Bowler

I don’t pretend to know the progressions on a given play but it doesn’t appear that Goff is in any hurry to get rid of the ball and he is spreading it around to various guys. The offense is working and guys are getting open, sometimes it looks easier that it is, we’ll see what they’re made of this week.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

It was a good decision. He had Jefferson on an out route. it's just that he got hit in the head while throwing.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It is a very good watch see Goff Wentz thread was so good I posted it there a few weeks back :p