Why I am optimistic for the rest of the season and the future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
This team is competing with good teams without consistent above average performance from the QB position. I truly believe the supporting cast on O and the D is good enough to win big things in the future. However, the team won't be able to take that next step without an improvement at QB, whether it's Bradford staying healthy or someone else.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agree. We are a couple positions from being a very good team. I really feel the QB position will be addressed in the off-season. I truly hope SB will re-structure his contract and we draft a QB. Then let them compete for the starting position for 2015. We do need to re-sign Britt.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Schotty still worries me. It is proven that in most cases when our players are put in a good postion they make plays. I just see other OCs salavating at some of the players we have.

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm glad some here can be optimistic right now because I'm just heartbroken.

Believe me, this loss is not an easy one to swallow right now. But there are some things to look forward to in the long run.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think if we don't get a new OC this offseason...there's no hope.

I fear both Fisher and Scotty are stuck in their ways to push us forward any more.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I agree. We are close. We have beat good teams. We have lost some games we should have won.

Sounds like 2012 Seattle?

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree. We are close. We have beat good teams. We have lost some games we should have won.

For some reason, I'm picturing the Rams as the 2010 Lions right now. Finished at 6-10, but only had Matt Stafford for 5 games.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Whoever we put under center next season whether it's Bradford or a rookie, he will benefit with the talent we have on the field and they will get better with experience. Just ask our wide receivers when you look at 2013 and now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm feeling very numb right now!
screen-shot-2012-03-14-at-9-37-03-pm.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard for me to be optimistic. I am aware that the Rams have talent and I know the Rams can be a good team but it's been so long since they were. I need a QB to inspire optimism in me.

There's no doubt with a starting QB, we can be good. But there's no guarantee we'll have one next year.

ram007

Starter
Lack of QB and being in tough division means, I don't know what to expect anymore

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Agree. We are a couple positions from being a very good team. I really feel the QB position will be addressed in the off-season. I truly hope SB will re-structure his contract and we draft a QB. Then let them compete for the starting position for 2015. We do need to re-sign Britt.

MLB too.

I know JL is a fan favorite but he is not playing well and seems slower than he ever has. He can't cover anyone and because of him the middle of the defense has become problematic.

SierraRam

Recreational User

Agree! All we need is Russel Wilson. Seriously, If we get a proven game manager or a dynamic rookie, we'll be fine. 2015 may just be the year we put it all together. Like everyone else, I'm tired of waiting. Our defense, kicking game, run game, and receivers should all be fantastic next year. My only concern, is our 'injury curse'...

If we add a legit QB (Sam?), some OL and LB help and stay healthy, we're there.

I know - it's a lot to ask, but it's doable. We're much closer now than anytime in the last 10 years.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Outside of the officiating today, the missed tackles were the most maddening thing. Last week's performance was just so good wrt tackling and this week they regressed. I'm optimistic for the future as well. How can you not be looking at our roster? Clearly we have a lot of talented players and have shown we can beat anyone, including both superbowl participants from last year. That is perhaps what makes it most maddening...knowing we SHOULD be better. Week one was the most hurtful for me, as our lofty off-season expectations came crashing down, but this one is probably the second most painful. We should have won that game.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hard for me to be optimistic. I am aware that the Rams have talent and I know the Rams can be a good team but it's been so long since they were. I need a QB to inspire optimism in me.

There's no doubt with a starting QB, we can be good. But there's no guarantee we'll have one next year.

Then find us one!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This team in my opinion needs experience which in turn will generate consistency and confidence. The QB position is a big question mark and starting over with a rookie just scares me. I am not sure of the answer at QB but confident the nucleus of the team is there. Veteran additions is high on my priority list along with strengthening the obvious positions of need.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I don't think I can be optimistic anymore, we always say the same thing every year :sick::(:cry: