Why don't our guys use Mike Martz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I'm telling you... get the Shannahans to come in and have Martz work as OC and pick up a DC like the guy from Miami I bet in a few years we'd have a beast ass team to go deep into the playoffs!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
have Martz work as OC and pick up a DC like the guy from Miami I bet in a few years we'd have a beast ass team to go deep into the playoffs!
Why do you assume that? We don't have Bruce, Holt, Faulk and Warner.
Here's what he did post-GSOT.
Passing a lot doesn't always mean you have a good offense. It just means you pass a lot.

aa6d6423dcea42ccacff317f19a88e59.jpeg

6f0147d2c32d45b080167575f6e9da4b.jpeg

Corbin

Why do you assume that? We don't have Bruce, Holt, Faulk and Warner.
Here's what he did post-GSOT.
Passing a lot doesn't always mean you have a good offense. It just means you pass a lot.

aa6d6423dcea42ccacff317f19a88e59.jpeg

6f0147d2c32d45b080167575f6e9da4b.jpeg

We don't have them anymore? :alien:
For as much as I see everyone talking about them you would think they still are on the active roster.

Martz is a unique offensive mind that when coupled with the means to do so and quality pieces to implement his scheme and ideas the sky's the limit. You can't tell me you wouldn't like to see what he could do to develop Goff and get out of him with the sleeping monster which is Gurley to be unleashed in his scheme.

The guy has a knock of making nobody's somebody but with actual pro bowl talent he takes this to another level.

The places he walked into at Det, SF, and Chicago had shit personal, HC's, and defenses (few exceptions last year there) and ST's where they got behind early and fast and had to sling it either way to try and catch up. I remember these in particular because I followed Martz's teams like my own when he coached elsewhere, as I did warner.

I will say through history he did get pass happy at times which he fully admits himself. In an interview I heard of his he stated being away from the game and having time to reflect one of the things he regretted was being so one sided at times ( used SB36 as one of the examples) in which he stated he thought if he came back he'd be a lot more balanced.

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I would imagine Martz could figure out how to use Tavon in an offense and make him worth his stupid contract we extended.. :cool: That said @jrry32 I posted an interview with Martz here not to long ago, and in it he said if the conditions we're right, he'd have no problem coming back. I'm thinking your idea or the idea of him being a consultant would prolly be the right condition/situation for him? I've been wrong before.. lolol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Martz is a unique offensive mind that when coupled with the means to do so and quality pieces to implement his scheme and ideas the sky's the limit. You can't tell me you wouldn't like to see what he could do to develop Goff and get out of him with the sleeping monster which is Gurley to be unleashed in his scheme.
Part of me would like to see that, yeah.
The other part of me knows that he's not very pragmatic.

Corbin

Part of me would like to see that, yeah.
The other part of me knows that he's not very pragmatic.
lol I hear ya. It still burns me how he used to use timeouts as if they weren't limited. With time you reflect on things I.e. Relationships etc. I think he'd be more less Mad and more Martz :ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This thread needs some brown!
For all us Mexican-Americans,
* and yeah the only two Mexican-American coaches in NFL history have both gone to the Super Bowl :LOL:

View attachment 18299 View attachment 18300

Wait..........what???

First I find out Mojo is a white guy despite MOUNTAINS of evidence in the Booty thread that he was a black guy.

Now I find out you are Hispanic.

What's next? @LACHAMP46 is fuckin' Swedish?

This is NO WAY to start out the New Year.

I need a drink!!!!!!!!

RambleOn

UDFA
OK. I admit back in the day to wearing the shirt below and signing some type of Fire Martz petition. My memory is a bit fuzzy now, it was a long time ago.
t-shirt.jpg

With that being said. I would love to see him come back UNDER an OC.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The issue with Martz isn't that the game has passed him by.

It's that his scheme exposes QBs to damage. Sometimes QBs need to hold the ball to deliver a pass and he encourages that.

Well... QBs can be tough and all, but after Warner, Bulger, Kitna and others, while they all performed very well, they all took tons of damage and rather than have 10 year careers, they all only performed very well for at most 3-4 years before severely deteriorating due to physical damage.

College doesn't supply enough franchise QBs to expose them to that kind of damage which is why you just won't see Martz allowed near more NFL QBs.

Essentially, he breaks his toys... and when that toy is an NFL Franchise QB... that's like crashing a rare, vintage car... after breaking a land speed record with it. The record is nice, but it won't take long before owners won't trust you with their cars anymore.

And while us fans want to see records...especially when our current jalopy can't hardly get out of 1st gear... owners just aren't going to trust Mike with the keys.

Being terrible at the job isn't the cardinal sin for OCs or HCs in the NFL. Damaging or allowing to be damaged your QB? That's the cardinal sin. And he violated it multiple times at multiple stops.

/shrug. It is what it is.