Why does Russell Wilson never get injured?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's only a matter of time. There will be that one LB they didn't see in time to get down. Wilson is a smart player though.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Luck is always the main factor with injuries. I don't wish injury on either guy. Wilson is on a rival sure and I wish a piece of the roof would fall on moron Pete Carroll, but Wilson carries himself with class so I can't hate on him. And I especially want Krapperdick to stay nice and healthy, because I really want that gutless loser douchebag to define that pathetic franchise for the next decade.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's only a matter of time. There will be that one LB they didn't see in time to get down. Wilson is a smart player though.

I don't know. It's been 3 years already and hasn't happened. It's not fair, haha. Rams and Cards are losing QBs left and right. Wilson is always healthy.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Wilson takes advantage of the rules and slides. Kaepernick does the same and runs out of bounds.

Besides, some guys are just more injury prone that others. Take Jake Locker for instance. Injured in college. Injured in the NFL. Guess the same can be said for Bradford.

On that note, I found it interesting that Locker's injury history backed up my theory on the injuries of running QBs. He told one of the guys broadcasting the game this week that most of his injuries had come when he was in the pocket. Not running. And sure enough, later in the game, it happened again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Douche bags are constructed of pretty durable materials.

bh570.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Like Ramrasta and I sighted earlier in this thread ,Wilson is built like a running back ,low to the ground compact and thickly muscled ,which considering things like his hand size indicates to me it's mostly natural muscle, that's very important because so many injuries are to connective tissue which doesn't build the way the attached muscles do and depending upon how much weight training he's done ,when he started etc. if he didn't start weight training too early his growth plates may not have been distorted by lifting too early.

I didn't let my sons engage in heavy weight training until late in puberty because I started too early and suffered from arthritis in my back in my thirties because the growth plates there and other places weren't ready for the load. Started lifting and upending 300 lb objects at the age of 11 and continued throughout my teens.

Back to Wilson ,his stature means his joints are less susceptible to leverage which is HUGE in why guys like RG get hurt ,someone mentioned Vick his hands are like 8 1/2 inches Wilsons are 10 1/4 inches again an indication his frame and connective tissue are suited to all his musculature .

I think another factor is his baseball background ,he was drafted by the Rangers and is really proficient at sliding ,and if you haven't seen RG flop when he tries to slide it's worth Googling.

Like someone said ,the time will come, or to paraphrase Madden, once you've played one down in the NFL your body will never be the same.
Random chance will catch up eventually ,but as far as uniquely suited to avoid injury he's got a lot going for him,the one injury he can't avoid better than anyone else is concussion which could become an issue if he keeps running

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Like Ramrasta and I sighted earlier in this thread ,Wilson is built like a running back ,low to the ground compact and thickly muscled ,which considering things like his hand size indicates to me it's mostly natural muscle, that's very important because so many injuries are to connective tissue which doesn't build the way the attached muscles do and depending upon how much weight training he's done ,when he started etc. if he didn't start weight training too early his growth plates may not have been distorted by lifting too early.

I didn't let my sons engage in heavy weight training until late in puberty because I started too early and suffered from arthritis in my back in my thirties because the growth plates there and other places weren't ready for the load. Started lifting and upending 300 lb objects at the age of 11 and continued throughout my teens.

Back to Wilson ,his stature means his joints are less susceptible to leverage which is HUGE in why guys like RG get hurt ,someone mentioned Vick his hands are like 8 1/2 inches Wilsons are 10 1/4 inches again an indication his frame and connective tissue are suited to all his musculature .

I think another factor is his baseball background ,he was drafted by the Rangers and is really proficient at sliding ,and if you haven't seen RG flop when he tries to slide it's worth Googling.

Like someone said ,the time will come, or to paraphrase Madden, once you've played one down in the NFL your body will never be the same.
Random chance will catch up eventually ,but as far as uniquely suited to avoid injury he's got a lot going for him,the one injury he can't avoid better than anyone else is concussion which could become an issue if he keeps running
My point exactly

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
My point exactly
Yeah even though he slides well at the cost of 15 yards some goon will take him out, Siragusa did it to Gannon , von Oelhoffen did it to Palmer, it'll happen ,but he is IMO able to take hits like a RB ,avoid them with skills and minimizes the likelihood like few others.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was pure genius of you to make this statement!

They are doomed for sure now!!!

Hahahaha

:) If only it were that easy. But just in case, let me double up on that. Why doesn't Wilson or Kaepernick ever get hurt?