Why does madden hate the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Speaking of Madden overrating, did any of you guys play the 2004 version where cover player Michael Vick was made into basically Superman? Particularly with his accuracy vs the real guy?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Garbage? From what I remember, he ranks 34th out of some 40 LBs when getting tackles inside of three yards of the LoS. But hey what do I know.

Good in coverage? I remember him getting beat like a red headed step child against that TE from San Diego, their 2nd string.

He isn't bad. Just not good.

Everybody gets beat in coverage once an a while. As far as his ranking goes, that may have something to do with our Dline. They seem like they get a lot of tackles behind the LOS...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Everybody gets beat in coverage once an a while. As far as his ranking goes, that may have something to do with our Dline. They seem like they get a lot of tackles behind the LOS...

I kind of agree with penguin, JL brings a lot to the team with intangibles but is a pretty average player and a 79 rating I am guessing is average. So they probably have him pegged correctly. Hard to measure intangibles in video games.

I don't play Madden but I'm sure if the Rams start winning and make the playoffs their madden ranking thing will also get better.

Hang in there our day is coming and then you can dominate madden with the Rams lol.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Yea I have to agree jl really isn't that good of a Lb imo. He is a decent player and his rating is about right on the game.... about average and average is probably around a 75 on there. He seems to be around the ball alot but when it comes to tackling I see him taking hits instead of delivering them... he also seems to be on HIS back after a tackle more often than not. I hope our next MLB is a slobber knocker. I don't like Ogletrees tackling either. he NEVER wraps anyone up and he hits too high... almost like he just runs into a guy standing straight up.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Back when I used to play Madden, I would spend more time fixing player ratings and figuring out which AI sliders got the best results than actually playing the game.