Why does madden hate the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Look, I get that it's just a video game. But I'm an avid Madden player and the ratings are extremely important. So if you hate madden, move on. Anyway, Lauraunitis got knocked down to a 79 after 4 week of very good play after being stuck at 80-81 for the whole year. So he plays one bad game(which he really wasn't that bad) and goes down in ratings? But yet JJ gets a pick six and stays at 83? Also, Tavon scored his first touchdown of the year and gets bumped down to a 74? Like wtf madden? It just doesn't seem logical at all. They love Aaron Donald though. Anytime he does anything good he goes up at least 1. It's just frustrating to see a fucking no name MLB in Borland(San Fran) at a higher rating then a guy who's never missed a snap and is in tops of the league in tackles every year. I'm sorry, but this defense would be completely lost without James. He's really better then people think. You won't find a smarter defender in the league. So yeah, I'm pissed. Johnny Hekker should be a frikin like 98. And they only have him at 91. It's just bullshit.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
People have always underestimated the Rams. The people in charge of Madden ratings are just people. They make mistakes, including occasionally making someone 1'6" tall.

I wonder why they took out the ability to change someone to a different position (beyond just switching left to right). I might have to restart my season to get Greg Robinson over to tackle. (Hopefully that's fixed in Madden 15. I'm still using Madden 25 and downloading custom rosters.)
Madden sucks, NCAA Football was far better :(.
I just picked up NCAA Football 14 (upgrading from 13 for me) in a Playstation Network sale for $8.

Given that it's likely to be the last NCAA Football game ever (or at least for a while), it was a no brainer.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
People have always underestimated the Rams. The people in charge of Madden ratings are just people. They make mistakes, including occasionally making someone 1'6" tall.

I wonder why they took out the ability to change someone to a different position (beyond just switching left to right). I might have to restart my season to get Greg Robinson over to tackle. (Hopefully that's fixed in Madden 15. I'm still using Madden 25 and downloading custom rosters.)

I just picked up NCAA Football 14 (upgrading from 13 for me) in a Playstation Network sale for $8.

Given that it's likely to be the last NCAA Football game ever (or at least for a while), it was a no brainer.

You can change positions in the offseason.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You can change positions in the offseason.
Oh good. Now I just have to find a way to edit up Tre Mason's stats to something more in line with reality.

...and stop him from always being the one to pat my created player QB on the butt. It's quite disturbing.

Also, in a weird Madden note, I started a season with these imported rosters, then had to restart it because I made a roster mistake... in both seasons, the Seahawks almost immediately cut Richard Sherman and I have no idea why.

I signed him both times since I don't have to deal with his personality in Madden and he fit my philosophy of signing young talent.

FRO

Legend
Haven't played madden in years. Do LBs still jump 10' to bat down passes meant for a guy 20 yards down field?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back in the day I had the Brett Favre game where you could make a player any size you wanted to while the other players stayed at their normal size. So I created a DT that was like 10 feet tall and weighed 500 lbs. Lots of sacks. :snicker:

Had to give up all video games a few years ago due to seizure like symptoms. Btw loved the Madden games and John Madden himself. What a dude! His best buddy is John Robinson. (y)
Hahaha I use to do the same thing. Prime do you have epilepsy? I've never heard of that playing madden. And yeah he used to put on quite the act lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Prime do you have epilepsy? I've never heard of that playing madden.

No, not as far as I know. Around that time I would gasp for breath right before falling asleep so I went to a sleep clinic. They came to the conclusion that the flashing lights while playing in the dark were causing these symptoms. Also had hand cramping problems. Once I stopped playing video games the symptoms vanished. Miss playing them though.

Btw as far as I remember the Madden games are made by Electronic Arts. The best sports games they made, imo, were the hockey games.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
No, not as far as I know. Around that time I would gasp for breath right before falling asleep so I went to a sleep clinic. They came to the conclusion that the flashing lights while playing in the dark were causing these symptoms. Also had hand cramping problems. Once I stopped playing video games the symptoms vanished. Miss playing them though.

Btw as far as I remember the Madden games are made by Electronic Arts. The best sports games they made, imo, were the hockey games.
I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine man, video games are my life lol and yeah it seems like madden always has the worst designs out of any if the other games. I wish they would bring back 2K sports.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Look, I get that it's just a video game. But I'm an avid Madden player and the ratings are extremely important. So if you hate madden, move on. Anyway, Lauraunitis got knocked down to a 79 after 4 week of very good play after being stuck at 80-81 for the whole year. So he plays one bad game(which he really wasn't that bad) and goes down in ratings? But yet JJ gets a pick six and stays at 83? Also, Tavon scored his first touchdown of the year and gets bumped down to a 74? Like wtf madden? It just doesn't seem logical at all. They love Aaron Donald though. Anytime he does anything good he goes up at least 1. It's just frustrating to see a freaking no name MLB in Borland(San Fran) at a higher rating then a guy who's never missed a snap and is in tops of the league in tackles every year. I'm sorry, but this defense would be completely lost without James. He's really better then people think. You won't find a smarter defender in the league. So yeah, I'm pissed. Johnny Hekker should be a frikin like 98. And they only have him at 91. It's just bullcrap.
Well EA is based out of California and they sure do seem to love the whiners, I mean they gave every player on their defense with 90+ hit power a few years back. I get that 9ers defense is no joke but come on how much more do you have to see that EA has the hots for the whiners, so it's only natural to make the RAMS suck. Lol that's my opinion and just like you said really Borland now is some madden superstar over guys like JL just pathetic...

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Haven't played madden in years. Do LBs still jump 10' to bat down passes meant for a guy 20 yards down field?

Yeah they do... and if u but a lineman in coverage they will do it to some times. And tavon has been at 74 for a few weeks now. I swap Ogletree and jl because jl is too slow in the middle when dropping in coverage. I'm like an online madden king. I don't play seasons or franchises I just play online ranked games (ranked in top 5%). So if any of you play on xbox1 and want your ass kicked let me know

Penguin.

Rookie
You get James is not that great of a MLB? Almost all of his tackles are three yards or past the LoS. He is not good at shedding blocks. Our LB core was horrendous for a great while.

A55VA6

Legend
Madden ratings have always been garbage. They overrate and underrate players on every team. That's why I play offline and edit ratings for all 32 teams.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You get James is not that great of a MLB? Almost all of his tackles are three yards or past the LoS. He is not good at shedding blocks. Our LB core was horrendous for a great while.
This is such garbage. I see him get tackles behind the line of scrimmage every game. He's not a thumper but he's good in coverage and knows exactly what he's doing on every single play.

Penguin.

Rookie
Garbage? From what I remember, he ranks 34th out of some 40 LBs when getting tackles inside of three yards of the LoS. But hey what do I know.

Good in coverage? I remember him getting beat like a red headed step child against that TE from San Diego, their 2nd string.

He isn't bad. Just not good.

iced

look where they make the game....the bay area..

i pretty much only bought it to have something for the ps4, but those guys are terrible when it comes to rating...seems a lot of times, especially initial ratings, are based more off of contract than actual play..

and don't even get me started on crapperdick