Why does Jeff Fisher love Sam Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
There have been a couple of games where I felt disappointed in him. As the leader, I wanted him to "will" the team to victory. Now, understanding the game and all the other wills that are playing. This is not really fair or realistic. I've been happy with his growth and the way he conducts himself. I really do hope he continues where he left off last year and the rest of the team actually steps up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There have been a couple of games where I felt disappointed in him. As the leader, I wanted him to "will" the team to victory. Now, understanding the game and all the other wills that are playing. This is not really fair or realistic. I've been happy with his growth and the way he conducts himself. I really do hope he continues where he left off last year and the rest of the team actually steps up.

We don't have to hope. If Bradford is healthy and our o line plays well, the whole league will see how good this guy is.

I watched Breese struggle in SD. His o line was garbage when he was there. When he did have time to throw, he played at a high level. The same will happen for Bradford. The guy is very accurate when given time. His deep ball and red zone throws are greatly improved over the first couple seasons.

I'm not worried about his ability at all.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm a Bradford fan and expect a great season from him.

However, no, the coaches don't always really know more and sometimes it is just the contract and salary cap hits.

I've watched coaches make bone head player moves for my entire life and no one is immune.

If SB isn't the QB the Rams need this season, his days here will be numbered. With the stars that will need to be signed something will have to give. JMHO.

Ramatik

Starter
We don't have to hope. If Bradford is healthy and our o line plays well, the whole league will see how good this guy is.

I watched Breese struggle in SD. His o line was garbage when he was there. When he did have time to throw, he played at a high level. The same will happen for Bradford. The guy is very accurate when given time. His deep ball and red zone throws are greatly improved over the first couple seasons.

I'm not worried about his ability at all.

It's not that I'm worried. Exactly. I am an optimist by nature. And I do like what I've seen from Sam. And the team is getting stronger and stronger.

BUT,

I've been a Ram Fan since the mid seventies. And the let downs far outnumber the good times.

So, when I say hope. I am merely stating that I hope there isn't an earthquake, an accident, bad ju ju.... whatever.

I want to see a dynasty!

Just once... for about 15 years.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
LMAO!!!1 HAHAHAHAHAHA

This guy is legit. Love this article!

I dare you Bradford naysayers to commit on this ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This clearly shows that Fisher is part of the vast conspiracy to keep Bradford at QB, despite the absolutely proven fact that Manziel, Bridgewater, my dog and Abraham Lincoln's ghost would be better QBs. It's deliberately keeping the Rams bad so that it will be easier to move the team... to Zimbabwe!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Because he can make all the throws and still protect the football.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's not that I'm worried. Exactly. I am an optimist by nature. And I do like what I've seen from Sam. And the team is getting stronger and stronger.

BUT,

I've been a Ram Fan since the mid seventies. And the let downs far outnumber the good times.

So, when I say hope. I am merely stating that I hope there isn't an earthquake, an accident, bad ju ju.... whatever.

I want to see a dynasty!

I feel ya.

That first year with Spags, it looked like we may have turned the corner. What a let down.

Injuries always stress me out.
When Sam grabbed his knee last year playing Carolina, my heart stopped. I knew our playoff hopes were more than likely over.

Ramatik

Starter
I feel ya.

That first year with Spags, it looked like we may have turned the corner. What a let down.

Injuries always stress me out.
When Sam grabbed his knee last year playing Carolina, my heart stopped. I knew our playoff hopes were more than likely over.

Yes brother, I hear ya. I was just starting to feel like something good was happening. Like this team was really close to turning the corner. Then bam! Just another hole in the stomach.

Ulcers & Ram fans go together!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, with all that said...

This is going to be a really good year.

I can feel it!

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BUT,

I want to see a dynasty!

Yeah - it's time. And it feels like it's time. I'm guardedly optimistic because I have been a fan of this team since the mid 60s and I have seen what appeared like the best team in football go down.

As far as Bradford goes, I feel he plays within the offense. And I think that is what he has been asked to do. I hate to look like I'm making excuses for the guy but honestly, it would be difficult for anyone to succeed given the situations. I think he has showed that he is improving and believe he will continue to do so as there are definitely weaknesses in his game. But the tools are there. The will seems to be there. And he puts in the work. I firmly believe that given even a decent pocket and a running game, he will not only manage the games well but will hit those passes other QBs have trouble with - and that includes the likes of Stafford and Ryan.

I'm not sure if Sam will ever not be a lightning rod of conversation but I think he WILL go a fair distance in starting to quell the nay sayers. And as far as being a vocal leader, Sam may not be as firey as some but he has ALWAYS worked the sidelines during games and been a vocal leader. I've seen it many times and frankly don't get that criticism. He leads during the off season, during practices, and during games AND he was there the entire time he was injured.

And I'm not sure how many QBs go out clubbing with their D-linemen. Ask CL if he respects Sam.

But the main gist of this article is right on the money IMO. Whether coaches have made bad player decisions or not, this staff sees WAY more Sam than any of us do. I think they would have taken a different tact if Sam wasn't what they wanted.

cracengl

Rookie
I think most fans, whether you love or hate Sam just want the constant discussion to go away. We would all love nothing more than for Sam to put up studly numbers this year, lead us to the playoffs and end the debate. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest QB's ever and even he has had a hard time winning the golden prize. You just can't do it by yourself as Sam would be happy to tell you I'm sure.

I wish I could like this 1000 more times. One side knocks him down, the other comes to build him back up. I don't even really understand the reason for this post. No one here was even on Sam's case. This is the perpetual cycle that refuses to go away. Nonetheless, I think he'll be better this year and we will see the real QB we wanted. But if not.....the Earth will continue to spin.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
As long as we have Sam, there will be neverending fodder for debate on this forum. And to point it out, I'm 100% behind Sam being our quarterback. Don't even begin to bring RGme into the debate. He had one good year because they did everything under the sun to make things good for him ( can't say the same for Sam) and then his running style caught up with him. When the legs went, we saw where his other talents got him. I think the same is in the future for media darling Yapperdick. Seems all I hear from such players is they want to be great. RGme, Yapperdick, Clowney, just to name a few. I hear more from our players (Sam, Donald, Joyner, ect.) about the things they want to work on to be better. You've got to build the foundation to achieve greatness. That's how it's done, not just talk. OK, I'm done ranting. I'm still glad we have Sam!

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I'm encouraged to see what Bradford can do with Stacy, some healthy, consistent run blockers, and the defensive presence that we know this team is capable of.

It seems like his whole career he has had to make up for deficiencies in other areas of the team, early on it was the offensive line injuries and lack of pass catchers. Last year early on it was a lack of a running game and lapses in the secondary on defense forcing him to play one dimensional catch up. We really saw a glimpse of what he was capable of with Stacy those last two and a half games.

I'm optimistic that will carry over to this season as well, although I'd expect some inconsistencies while he recovers from a reconstructed knee.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
To me the only legit knock on Bradford has been the injuries.

Everything else just lacks total perspective on what a team game is all about - and - overestimates the population size of the Peyton Manning's of the world.

And for the record; I believe Sam is one tough SOB.

RamsFan14

Starter
Considering Fisher had as much faith in Steve McNair as he does in Bradford, that really makes me feel better. I don't think McNair was setting the world in fire before he made his Super Bowl run. It sounds like McNair could've been as big a whipping boy as Bradford (okay to a degree with the money and salary differences). But the point is Fisher believed in both of them, and McNair turned out to be pretty good with some time under his belt. Let's hope Fisher is right about Bradford as he was with McNair.