Why Does Everyone Think

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Houston is staying put at #1?

It would make more sense for Houston to trade down and acquire more draft picks. Drafting Johnny football or Teddy will not solve their problems.

Iyam, Houston should trade down and start hoarding draft picks.

As far as the rams are concerned if Houston does trade down it will affect their potential trade partners....

Im just thinking out loud but Houston can change the entire draf, especially what the rams are trying to do

PhxRam

It would make more sense for Houston to trade down and acquire more draft picks. Drafting Johnny football or Teddy will not solve their problems.

As far as the rams are concerned if Houston does trade down it will affect their potential trade partners....

Im just thinking out loud but Houston can change the entire draf, especially what the rams are trying to do

Houston is not that far removed from the playoffs and were actually one of the favorites to contend for a super bowl.

They are not really a talent depleted team looking to rebuild.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I see O'Brian as the type of coach that would be looking to build Houston up with several draft picks. Yes they need a QB but scouts are saying this group of QB lacks star power.

As a rams fan,, I hope im wrong and they stay put. I would hate to see the browns give their two first round picks to the texans instead of the rams.

Ramifications

I'm not sure a team makes a big jump for a DE, even one as talented as Clowney.

If one or more teams want to move up for a QB, unless they absolutely have to have a certain one, the advantage would be to trade with us and pay less to get the 1.2 intead of the 1.1. Of course, the same reason cited that the QB group lacks star power (though I think some scouts are pretty high on Bridgewater, Manziel and even Bortles), would be a reason for other teams to not want to pay to move up to the 1.1, viewed from that perspective.

I agree that HOU (and I might add ATL, MIN and even WAS, though we benefited ;^) ) are unusual teams in the top 10 of the draft being just a year removed from the playoffs. I agree with PhxRam, HOU doesn't have lots of holes. I also agree if they don't like the QBs they shouldn't reach (also I'm not convinced Clowney is a great fit in the 3-4, and though I don't know if O'Brien intends to remain in that front/alignment, the hiring of Crennell as DC suggests so). But if they do like one or two, than they can't afford to move down. They really, really need a QB for the future (Schaub and Keenum aren't it, IMO - remember when the HOU fans cheered when Schaub was injured... there could be an insurrection if they don't make a decisive move at the position either through trade, free agency or the draft, and they are conveniently situated at 1.1). The HC reportedly likes smart QBs that are gym rats and film junkies, and Bridgewater fits that profile (but if you want a hard partying, drinking dude and orgy maven, Manziel is your boy!). If HOU is more like the 2012 iteration and 2013 was an aberration (they lost a half dozen or so games by a score or less, and were snakebit by injuries to Cushing and Foster, Schaub crashed and burned, etc.), they very likely won't be anywhere near this kind of Park Place and Boardwalk draft real estate in 2015. Now would be a good time to grab that potential franchise QB, if they think there is one.

iced

why trade down when you need a qb and you have the pick of the litter?

that's why no one thinks they'll trade down

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I could see the Texans trading down if they wanted to. And to be honest with myself I'm not really expecting the Browns to trade with anyone.

Bit I still think it's fair to say that if Snead wants to trade down he'll find a deal, just not likely to be as spectacular as the rg3 trade.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah I said the same thing yesterday. They could trade back two spots, get an additional high pick, and still land a QB. Makes more sense...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's say the Browns don't trade up, and they miss Manziel because Minnesota jumps ahead.

It's the RG3 deal all over again. A major PR hit... like they need another.

Personally; I think IT IS Minnesota thats a real thread. They fall in love with a QB and fear they can't get him staying put. A QB-less team is a lost season.

V3

Hall of Fame
The Texans remind me a lot of the KC Chiefs from last year. Lots of talent on the roster but didn't have a QB or very good coach and the players finally just got fed up with it so pretty much tanked the season. If they can find a good QB and coach, they'll be very good, very quickly.

A55VA6

Legend
To be honest, I'd stay put. The Texans are talented, they just didn't perform. Almost like the Chiefs last year.

If I was the Texans, I'd draft my QB of choice or Clowney. The texans have the pieces.. they just need a top talent to help get them back into contention.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

What difference does it really make if Houston stays put to draft Manziel or someone trades with them to take him, the second pick is still the same.

I think regardless there are 4 players slotted for those top four slots and anyone who wants to be at the minimum second in line for one of the remaining three is gonna want our pick and that fact is getting tortured to say something else.
We are going to get interest ,I think it won't be as feverish at first as the RG fever was , but as the draft approaches IQ's seem to drop for the redundantly stupid and some sucker is gonna make us a blue sky offer.
I'm not worried

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope the rams get an amazing offer for the second spot but I don't see it this year. Every candidate has baggage, there are no Lucks or RG3s. Clownyley has too much baggage for teams to trade multiple first round picks to gamble with him.

ramfidelis

UDFA
I would love to have the Browns two first round picks, but think that's a pipe dream. It could happen, but don't hold your breath because it probably won't. Be happy with what we've got. Be surprised and appreciate it if Snead is able to make a killer deal for us.