Why does everyone hate on our team ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I present the NY Jets.....they have sucked out loud for almost as long as I have alive. Yet, the are talked about ALL of the time. East Coast bias.

I can't remember hearing anything about the Jets hardly at all..........as ini next to nothing about them unless it's the usual show running through highlights or doing quick breakdowns of each team in a division or whatever.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't remember hearing anything about the Jets hardly at all..........as ini next to nothing about them unless it's the usual show running through highlights or doing quick breakdowns of each team in a division or whatever.
Wow, we must not watch/listen to the same things...Mike and Mike is lousy with Jets crap. Last couple of years, it seemed that I was always hearing about the Jets QB situation, ad nauseum...and NOTHING about the Rams on the NFL network, from Gino Smith to Butt Fumble, to Ryan Fitzpatrick

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Simply put, if yet bluntly. We don't deserve any credit or praise. This franchise has had an almost 12 year draught of not making the playoffs. After that long it brings zero expectations and mockery. Rightfully so. Sadly...

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
A lot of bitterness stems from having Gregg Williams around too. A pretty wide swath of fans in the NFL still view the guy as the boogeyman and jeer us accordingly.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
A lot of bitterness stems from having Gregg Williams around too. A pretty wide swath of fans in the NFL still view the guy as the boogeyman and jeer us accordingly.

Probably true.

Fuck them.

That whole witch hunt was (almost) worse than deflategate.

The hypocrisy in the NFL is mind boggling sometimes.

Righteous responses coming in 10...9...8...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Having a reputation as being a dirty team because your coaches have that rep doesn't help, I am sure.
From a fan perspective this is a big reason. Visiting other fan boards makes that pretty clear. The fact is that Rams beat up QB's because they're an uber talented pass rushing group, and in general overall physicality...and fans get irritated and pull the "dirty card."

As far as the media goes, i think the fact that Fisher is still employed after 4 yrs and no winning record is a big reason for them throwing darts at him and the Rams. The media loves to fire coaches if you know what i mean...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anybody hates our team it's for Fisher, Williams or Kroenke. Most of the people don't hate our team they simply don't respect them. And that comes from 2 decades of futility/mediocrity and the only thing that will change that is winning.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@LesBaker @OldSchool
That's since 2004...but I get where you're going....seems like 2000...hell, damn near 1994 to me...but my memory sux when it comes to losing.
:puke:
Why is it most reporters have nothing good to say about the rams?.....................................Did this start because we have been horrible for a decade?
Simple "Yes" Adi...until we win something, we suck to the masses:blah:....and guess what, that's alright...Winning will be that much sweeter.:mrburnsevil:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
From a fan perspective this is a big reason. Visiting other fan boards makes that pretty clear. The fact is that Rams beat up QB's because they're an uber talented pass rushing group, and in general overall physicality...and fans get irritated and pull the "dirty card."

As far as the media goes, i think the fact that Fisher is still employed after 4 yrs and no winning record is a big reason for them throwing darts at him and the Rams. The media loves to fire coaches if you know what i mean...

Bingo. The ultimate irony being the Rams lost 2 franchise QBs as a direct result of dirty play by the opposition, while they have never directly injured a QB. Both Palmer and The rapist injured themselves.

Paragraph 2 is even more on point. Nobody (particularly fans) see how Fisher has transformed a dumpster fire into a (soon to be) perennial winning franchise in 4 years.
Cannot be overstated.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I could care less, not gonna switch my team or anything. Just a generic question on where all the hate comes from?

Don't you mean you *couldn't* care less? ;)

I didn't say you should switch. Also, haters gonna hate.

fearsomefour

Legend
Simply put, if yet bluntly. We don't deserve any credit or praise. This franchise has had an almost 12 year draught of not making the playoffs. After that long it brings zero expectations and mockery. Rightfully so. Sadly...
Agree totally.
A national reporter is not going to go out on too many limbs....If this and that and IF this and that happen, the Rams could win 11 games. The Rams have had teams were they had a shot of being good, but, have not delivered. So, going as long as the team has without a playoff appearance or a winning record, well, they just don't register in the national discussion at all.
More irritating than being ignored is when a team that has been down starts to make a run, all the "pundits" will be lining up to say they called it first.

FrankenRam

Starter
Is this really a serious question? Has everybody here totally forgotten what the team's record is over the last 10-12 yr?

Teams with that track record will ALWAYS get pounded in the press unless/until they do something **ON THE FIELD** to deserve otherwise. Getting to be a consistently close to .500 team ain't gonna cut it.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Guys. Guys. For all of you justifying this ranking. All the self-loathing, "We deserve this" talk: This is a FUTURES list, supposedly analyzing what the next 3 years hold for these teams. They listed us 30th!

Look up the "panel" that came up with this. A bunch of 170lb kiss ass front runner pseudo-writers.

The five categories:
  • Roster
  • Coaching
  • QB
  • Draft
  • Front Office
Lots of opportunity to tear down the Rams there for lazy, gloss over journalists.

Here's the kicker:
#1 and 2? Seattle and New England....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eh, you have the Cowgirls, Packers and Texans that are talked about quite a bit. In fact Packers and Cowgirls are some of the largest teams in the country when it comes to media coverage and fan base.

And when the 9ers were winning they got TONS of press.

Location means nothing, winning is all that matters and all that pretty much anyone in the media cares about.

Just like news "reporting". The jackals love disasters and tragedies because it makes their life so easy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Yup I have to say that is a part of it.........Williams is loathed far and wide and frankly I can't stand him either. It would have been better for me if he had been kicked out of the NFL for good because then he wouldn't be on my favorite teams payroll.

I just cannot get past what he did.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you win they will come....Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
Nah man. They bagged on us when we were winning in LA. I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the beat LA thing and the Rams never shook it. I dunno. A better guess is that we have the best logo in all of sports and everyone else is just jealous. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, we must not watch/listen to the same things...Mike and Mike is lousy with Jets crap. Last couple of years, it seemed that I was always hearing about the Jets QB situation, ad nauseum...and NOTHING about the Rams on the NFL network, from Gino Smith to Butt Fumble, to Ryan Fitzpatrick
Well, in all fairness, the only reason the Jets are discussed on Mike and Mike is because Greenberg is truly a die hard Jets fan (He grew up in NY) and if anything, they make fun of him for BEING a Jets fan....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
g13fl.gif