Why does everyone hate on our team ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Why is it most reporters have nothing good to say about the rams? every article I look at has reporters or "analyst" doubting our team and predicting failure. Did this start because we have been horrible for a decade? maybe the move to LA? I just don't remember ever seeing this much rams hatred, the jags and raiders are becoming competitive and everyone is happy for them. Rams finally start making some good moves and everyone doubts us.

Is the defense still strong? ITS BEEN UPGRADED

They traded too many picks for Goff! WE WERE ON THE OTHER END OF RG3 TRADE AND PICKED UP ALOT OF PICKS.

Goff will fail ! HE HAS NOT PLAYED IN PADS YET !

They shouldn't of moved to LA ! WHO WOULD SAY NO TO LA??

I am so fed up with this, half of these people have no idea what they are talking about !

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The easiest answer to this is the Cardinals and Seahawks. If we played in the AFC South, A LOT of people would pick us to make the playoffs.

fancents86

Starter
We've never given them much to praise about. In fact most reporters gave us a lot of credit and praise the first few years of Fishers tenure, but I'm sure that's starting to wear thin.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why is it most reporters have nothing good to say about the rams? every article I look at has reporters or "analyst" doubting our team and predicting failure. Did this start because we have been horrible for a decade? maybe the move to LA? I just don't remember ever seeing this much rams hatred, the jags and raiders are becoming competitive and everyone is happy for them. Rams finally start making some good moves and everyone doubts us.

They traded too many picks for Goff! WE WERE ON THE OTHER END OF RG3 TRADE AND PICKED UP ALOT OF PICKS.

I am so fed up with this, half of these people have no idea what they are talking about !

I agree and cannot figure it out either. It makes no sense. People make fun of the Browns but if they start to show some success they instantly are a either getting respect or being rooted for. Even in the GSOT days the Rams were being ridiculed for passing too much. Look at things now.

I wonder if it is the dogpile concept. ESPN was the major news outlet for years and Berman is a 49er homer all the way. He hated the Rams and everyone on ESPN (probably out of fear of his wrath) went along with his Ram bashing ways. Most of the country was watching the Rams then and adopted that "Rams are a joke" mentality.

Nobody with that much influence should be bad mouthing anyone. It is just like the PSU scandal. The verdict was out even before any investigation was done and ESPN lead the way on that. The movement that they created to act was so strong that it caused the NCAA (who initially said it was not in their jurisdiction) to act on it. The media has way too much power to influence, even sports media. Newspapers have been influencing elections for a 100 years. Nobody should have that kind of power.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The easiest answer to this is the Cardinals and Seahawks. If we played in the AFC South, A LOT of people would pick us to make the playoffs.

But the Rams still would not be getting respect. Maybe it is because they were not just bad for many years. They were abysmally bad. Maybe because they were so bad that they had to settle for Spagnoulo and Linehan as head coaches. Maybe it is partly because they were a transient team biding their time in St. Louis. Having a reputation as being a dirty team because your coaches have that rep doesn't help, I am sure.

I just hope that Kroenke's and Fisher's plan change all of that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I bet the Rams got no respect from owners for years just because they were owned by a woman. That stuff permeates the entire league.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you win they will come....Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They love kicking us while we are down because we where so great in the 70's and during the GSOT period! When we start Winning again they'll say " The Rams are Back!" Then "How long will they Last!"

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Not being a team on the east coast has much to do with it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have been a popular pick among media experts the past couple seasons but have disappointed. Now they see the rookie QB and overlook the strength of the roster with the assumption the Rams are going to disappoint yet again. But I'm good with it tbh, because I can't wait to watch the media suck on it just like they did in '99. The defense is going to lead this team into the playoffs and hopefully by then the kid is ready to QB us to some memorable playoff games.

Cannot wait for this season man. I swear this is the most pumped I've been for a long, long time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not being a team on the east coast has much to do with it.

Nah, look at how much attention the Warriors got, and any other team that is playing top level, even Cleveland got tons of media coverage during the NBA season. Same with the Broncos and Cardinals last year. East coast bias is a myth. The bias is for winning teams.

The Rams have sucked out loud since 2001 essentially. Look at it this way. If the Rams Circle of Suckitude was a human being it would be old enough to drive and a couple of years away from college or military service.

Doesn't reading that make you say "What the fuck, we've sucked for that long?!?!?"

That's soon to change though, and the Rams will be getting attention. :yess:

Although I have to admit with all the different ways to get info I don't really care what the media does.........it just doesn't matter to me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nah, look at how much attention the Warriors got, and any other team that is playing top level, even Cleveland got tons of media coverage during the NBA season. Same with the Broncos and Cardinals last year. East coast bias is a myth. The bias is for winning teams.

The Rams have sucked out loud since 2001 essentially. Look at it this way. If the Rams Circle of Suckitude was a human being it would be old enough to drive and a couple of years away from college or military service.

Doesn't reading that make you say "What the freak, we've sucked for that long?!?!?"

That's soon to change though, and the Rams will be getting attention. :yess:

Although I have to admit with all the different ways to get info I don't really care what the media does.........it just doesn't matter to me.
Have to disagree Les.
East coast bias is an issue. If you play on the west coast or even Midwest for that matter, you not getting the same National coverage as teams with similar records on the East coast.
The east coast teams get tons of coverage. Doesn't matter how good or bad they are.

I do agree that winning helps, but the field isn't level.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think it is more indifference.
The Rams have not been relavent in the nation sense in 12 or so years.
It is easier to just say they wi fail until they prove otherwise. It may be lazy to not do a bunch of research about a team that have been bad for over a decade but that is part of it too.
From the outside, there is no big reason to think the team will be massively better.

fancents86

Starter
Have to disagree Les.
East coast bias is an issue. If you play on the west coast or even Midwest for that matter, you not getting the same National coverage as teams with similar records on the East coast.
The east coast teams get tons of coverage. Doesn't matter how good or bad they are.

I do agree that winning helps, but the field isn't level.

Eh, you have the Cowgirls, Packers and Texans that are talked about quite a bit. In fact Packers and Cowgirls are some of the largest teams in the country when it comes to media coverage and fan base.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Theyre jealous they dont have our sweet yellow and blue uniforms would be my guess.(y)

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
People fear what they don't know and they don't know the Rams like we do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Why do you care though? It doesn't make me squeal in delight when some loudmouth in a suit says good things about my team. I already know it. I also don't give a damn if they badmouth my team. It's not gonna magically make them better. If others want to say bad things, fine, let them have their fun. Fans of the Rams know better.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why do you care though? It doesn't make me squeal in delight when some loudmouth in a suit says good things about my team. I already know it. I also don't give a damn if they badmouth my team. It's not gonna magically make them better. If others want to say bad things, fine, let them have their fun. Fans of the Rams know better.

I could care less, not gonna switch my team or anything. Just a generic question on where all the hate comes from?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
You go through a lot in a short post...so will try to cover it all.

Why is it most reporters have nothing good to say about the rams? every article I look at has reporters or "analyst" doubting our team and predicting failure. Did this start because we have been horrible for a decade? maybe the move to LA?"

The move to LA increased coverage that is for sure, but I don't think it made it more negative....it has been negative for a while. You move to a larger market you get more coverage. It seems more negative but that is due to volume not percentage. Any team that hasn't won in 10+ years and has a coach that hasn't won since 2008 doesn't get much benefit of the doubt....on much of anything.

I get that positive thinking Rams fans think this, but there area TON of question marks. Multiple guys coming back from injury that you are hoping will do equal or better than the past. Take Ogletree for example, not only are you counting on him coming back fully and quickly, but you are taking a guy that was considered average/above average and moving him to one of the most important positions on the field. I get he replaced an aging veteran but it is still a lot to pile on a guy. Easily 1/3 or more of the D has questions of some sort - health, development, adjustment.

Not really sure what you are saying here. Is it that the Rams had plenty of picks before they could lose some? The fact the Rams had made major trades before so this one is fine? Not really clear. The best I can say is there are some that believe that you should never make major trades for a high first rounder, that even if the player turns out fine it is still a total negative. Many on here thought that the Rams had fleeced the Skins after the first year when he got them to the playoffs for instance (when the trade looked like the Skins had got something of value).

I haven't seen anyone say he would fail. I have heard 1) that he is a rookie and will take time to develop and thus he will not help this year - pretty standard stuff for a rookie QB. I have also heard 2) that his ceiling isn't that high and the Rams traded for a guy that will average to above average in his career - this is a long way off from a bust though. 3) the Rams don't have the tools around him yet to help him succeed - tough to argue this one as the talk is that he will improve the WR output, not that the WR will help him and that he will grow with the young WR and TEs....well that means everyone is growing (everyone needs time).

Where in the press did you hear this, lol?!? Their were some moral/financial issues about the move but I don't remember anyone saying that it was a negative for the on the field product. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they mean the actual move itself which is a legit concern. That isn't a long term thing about LA, but the logical concern that a relocation is a distraction to all involved. Every player, coach, and employee has to move (At least partially - even if they had a place in LA they had stuff in STL that needs moving). They are going to have to deal with a new city, a new set of press, and a new set of off the field distractions. Yes players and coaches move, get traded, etc. but this isn't a couple of guys this is EVERYONE. Add in the new facilities are temporary and that is also adds some confusion....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I present the NY Jets.....they have sucked out loud for almost as long as I have alive. Yet, the are talked about ALL of the time. East Coast bias.