Why do the drops seem to happen with Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Is it because he's running with the 2's? I'm not sure. Brian Quick seemed to catch Keenums passes last night, but dropped everything Goff threw his way last week. Is it due to lack of chemistry, too much speed on the ball, recievers still thinking too much (most of our drops are coming from rookies) or flat out lack of concentration? Would these drops stop is Goff was actually running with the starters?

Also, for a guy with more drops than catches, why is Brian Quick still getting time with the starters. Trade bait, or are they really trying to get his confidence up? If he's not going to be with the team, shouldn't they be giving those reps to someone who needs them?

lockdnram21

Legend
That's why I say Quicks a lock and always was unless there was someone spectacular and there isn't.
Britt
Austin
Quick
Cooper
Marques or Spruce
If they keep 6th you it's between Mcroberts,Thomas, Williams

…..

Legend
Because he throws a ball similar to Sam Bradford?

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
For th most part our WRs after Austin Britt and Cooper suck
I tappears to me that Goff is putting the ball in narrow windows, and quickly, where and when the receivers aren't used to getting it, perhaps because they haven't played with qbs who can do that. I also think Goff will soon starting making more user friendly throws where the receivers can make the catch with less risk of being blown up. But it's on the receivers to catch the ball. Goff is throwing it really well in my view.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I tappears to me that Goff is putting the ball in narrow windows, and quickly, where and when the receivers aren't used to getting it, perhaps because they haven't played with qbs who can do that. I also think Goff will soon starting making more user friendly throws where the receivers can make the catch with less risk of being blown up. But it's on the receivers to catch the ball. Goff is throwing it really well in my view.
He's throwing great and I understand it's coming out quickly and hitting them fast but it hits their hands. No excuses for the drops. None.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Because he throws the ball harder like many of the good QB's and also in tighter windows at times and quit frankly these receivers are just not very good.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That's why I say Quicks a lock and always was unless there was someone spectacular and there isn't.
Britt
Austin
Quick
Cooper
Marques or Spruce
If they keep 6th you it's between Mcroberts,Thomas, Williams

Why the man crush on Quick, lockdn?

He's caught 6 passes in 3 preseason games. And Fisher has practically been force feeding him to get that in the process, even leaving him in for 3/4ths of the Bronco game. This deprives other WR candidates of a fair opportunity, IMO.

Quick caught a whopping 10 passes all last year! Gawd...

He is NOT a lock. That kind of production can be easily replaced, even if it must come from another team's final cuts.

lockdnram21

Legend

He's caught 6 passes in 3 preseason games. And Fisher has practically been force feeding him to get that in the process, even leaving him in for 3/4ths of the Bronco game. This deprives other WR candidates of a fair opportunity, IMO.

He is NOT a lock. That kind of production can be easily replaced, even if it must come from another team's final cuts.
I don't even want him to make it now... But i think he makes it by default... He's still getting first team reps. I just think a lot of people will be surprised and mad... Quick not going anywhere

lockdnram21

Legend

He did the same thing with Spruce force feeding... That's another reason I feel he's a lock...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Moderators, can we have an emoji for dropped balls, it will be a lot faster than spelling it out after every other pass play ? :cry:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because our WR's aren't used to having a QB throw a good pass to them?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Quick was called out, and he was better, I think it was more about him and less about the QB.

Goff has been playing largely with scrubs who won't make the team.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Because he throws a ball similar to Sam Bradford?
like.png

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brian Quick seemed to catch Keenums passes last night, but dropped everything Goff threw his way last week.
2 from Keenum, and 2 from Goff, one being the exact same pass play as last week, some type of sprint-out....nothing special...but it is what it is...

Because I told him too...Seriously, you guys haven't seen the rash of drops this pre-season? @lockdnram21
until we DRAFT some suitable replacements, we're gonna have to develop the ones we got...and frankly, after Britt, Quick is the best we got...he needs to see the rock 7 times a game...Kendricks -7 targets, Britt-5 targets, Tavon -4 targets, Higbee- 2 Targets..Quick-9 targets...
Britt seems better used as a surprise deep threat, Tavon gadget type threat, Higbee rookie threat, Cooper, Kendricks, and Quick as 3rd down/red zone threats...
I still think Duke, Thomas, and McRoberts have some talent. Can indeed catch and could be productive in the right system.

If Spruce can get healthy, I think he'd be a great rotational player...wonder if he plays Thursday?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's actually an easy explanation here. Goff sweats more than Keenum. Thus, he throws a sweaty ball which makes it easier for it to slip through the WRs' hands. Goff needs to improve his sweaty hands awareness and use his towel more consistently.

That or we can hire The Deflator. He's hiding somewhere in Boston.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Playing non-elite defenses will help with that too. There is no team better than Denver at sitting on route tendencies to disrupt patterns. KC and Minnesota are top defenses as well.

If we want to have a great offense they're gonna need to make contested catches though. The WRs just haven't gotten accustomed to making contested catches going against our defense in camp which is all about front seven pressure. Our defense is not as sound in the secondary yet as those teams above.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's actually an easy explanation here. Goff sweats more than Keenum. Thus, he throws a sweaty ball which makes it easier for it to slip through the WRs' hands. Goff needs to improve his sweaty hands awareness and use his towel more consistently.

That or we can hire The Deflator. He's hiding somewhere in Boston.

Nahh. It's bc jared's hands are still greasy from all the pizza he ate before the game.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Probably because Keenum doesn't have as much power as Goff, and when Goff comes in, our lack of quality depth @ WR shows.

I'm done with Quick. Get the younger guys more reps.