Why do I get joy from the misery of others?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Various comments from the GDT of a Cardinals Board --
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=62524

Rams kickers should be listed in the program as *** kickers. Man they're good.

I'm having trouble keeping down my pizza.

That punter is insane.

I shouldn't be able to predict our 1st down calls everytime seriously

Every player and coach on this offense except Fitz sucks.

You can attribute every offensive failure to the o line right now.

I'd renew my season tickets for life if Russ Grimm would resign.

And this is when Steven Jackson goes beast mode.

Ok, lets blame a tired team on the road on a Thursday night. That makes me feel a little better.
Response: The rams had a short week too

Kolb has been a magician twice, he pulled his head out of his helmet!

Somehow a sack just helped us. Mmkay.

Comical, just comical. Own Oline tacking their running backs.

kolbs getting angry. kolb smash!!!

So is that 8 sacks yet? Seems about right. so maybe 12 this game.

I think we have as many yards backwards as we do fwd

Only down by 7. We are still in this!

Do you think Russ ever wonders "why can't my guys do that?" when he's watching the opposing offense?

The Rams are seriously killing their drives with bad play calls...unbelievable that they didn't keep feeding S-Jack with a lead.

Get burned, hold your hammie!

7 completions and were losing

Dont giveup on this game. We will find a way to win this game!
Response: What are you smoking?

And there goes our running back. C.R.A.P.

Someone please shoot me. or Floyd. its a toss up.

Nice play call you god damn idiot Miller

Beat by the Pink Ladies?

I HATE THIS OFFENSE.

Finnegan's a ********

How can nobody be open when you hold it for 20 seconds??

Looks like if you want to beat the Rams, you have to get beat up while you do it.

Not the same old Rams, not by a long shot. I doubt we'll be seeing any Fisher sucks rants from Whis lovers any more.

Its only fitting our last play ends with a sack

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
On BluesTalk on the PD site (which actually has some pretty damn good/reasonable posters) someone posts a thread "from their perspective". Someone goes to the other teams forum and posts various posts that their fans wrote during the game. It's hilarious. Maybe we should do something like that here.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rams kickers should be listed in the program as *** kickers :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
brokeu91 said:
On BluesTalk on the PD site (which actually has some pretty damn good/reasonable posters) someone posts a thread "from their perspective". Someone goes to the other teams forum and posts various posts that their fans wrote during the game. It's hilarious. Maybe we should do something like that here.

Speakin of where's pooty tat er I mean rusted kitten been?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love the hammy quote. I have to admit. I thought the same thing. Funny that everyone seems to know Givens is fast but he doesn't look that fast when I watch him until he is suddenly five yards past his defender.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Thordaddy said:
brokeu91 said:

Speakin of where's pooty tat er I mean rusted kitten been?
I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he's rethinking his being a Lion's fan and starting to come over to the good side of the force.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
That's a good idea. Do they do that when the Blues lose though?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:
That's a good idea. Do they do that when the Blues lose though?
yes...it's not as funny though

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:

Had good posters. The guy who made the "from their perspective" threads was banned by Bernie and Mike Smith (as well as the gameday poster and several longtime respected posters). Most of the good posters - and some others like myself - have permanently left for another hockey board.

I'm going to take a devil's advocate approach. Doing something like this is extremely disrespectful to opposing fans - and with the positive national attention we've been getting from so many respectful national sources, would it really be smart to do something that is insulting to other fans?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

Had good posters. The guy who made the "from their perspective" threads was banned by Bernie and Mike Smith (as well as the gameday poster and several longtime respected posters). Most of the good posters - and some others like myself - have permanently left for another hockey board.

I'm going to take a devil's advocate approach. Doing something like this is extremely disrespectful to opposing fans - and with the positive national attention we've been getting from so many respectful national sources, would it really be smart to do something that is insulting to other fans?
Enter the voice of reason. :whome?: That's a good point though. Maybe I'll just post their flattering comments of our team instead. I probably wouldn't enjoy being part of someone else's board fodder either now that I think about it. I do like that you're holding us to a high standard. Maybe sometimes I need to be reminded of that.

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

Enter the voice of reason. :whome?: That's a good point though. Maybe I'll just post their flattering comments of our team instead. I probably wouldn't enjoy being part of someone else's board fodder either now that I think about it. I do like that you're holding us to a high standard. Maybe sometimes I need to be reminded of that.

Yes, I think that would be good. Post the reasonable comments that give our team props or are respectful toward our team. In other words, post what the reasonable fans are posting. Maybe it's the Cardinals fan in me coming out, but I still respect what each team can do on any given day.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
X said:
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

Yes, I think that would be good. Post the reasonable comments that give our team props or are respectful toward our team. In other words, post what the reasonable fans are posting. Maybe it's the Cardinals fan in me coming out, but I still respect what each team can do on any given day.
I'll see what I can do. I posted what I posted today because it reminded me of another board that shall not be named, and some of it was pretty funny. It might be hard to find a board that's even proportionately objective and complementary of another team, so if you know of any ...

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
X said:
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

I'll see what I can do. I posted what I posted today because it reminded me of another board that shall not be named, and some of it was pretty funny. It might be hard to find a board that's even proportionately objective and complementary of another team, so if you know of any ...

Just about every board has reasonable and objective fans. You just have to look for them.

Dochal

UDFA
X said:
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

Ah, don't be so hard on yourself...everybody has a bit of schadenfreude in them...this kind of thread really points out that fans are much more alike than they are different, regardless of location or team affiliation...remember, there is more normality than abnormality out there!

Loved that magician post, and had the very same thought in the moment about the DB grabbing his hammie...THAT was funny!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dochal said:
Ah, don't be so hard on yourself...everybody has a bit of schadenfreude in them...this kind of thread really points out that fans are much more alike than they are different, regardless of location or team affiliation...remember, there is more normality than abnormality out there!

Loved that magician post, and had the very same thought in the moment about the DB grabbing his hammie...THAT was funny!
Heh. I said that immediately after he started pulling up lame too.
It reminded me of Darrell Revis after he got toasted by Randy Moss one game.
How convenient.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We RAMS fans now will have the haters coming for us. We were the loveable losers and for the most part, nobody kicked us when we were down. Now, our team is kickin azz and taking lunch money, big brother will come looking for the bully. Rams are the bully? Wow! Awesome! :twisted:

I just wanted to add I think in time there will be three to four teams that other teams won't want to play because they are physical to the point where you are sore for two weeks after you play them. Rams, Ravens, Texans and Whiners. Maybe even the Bears.
But I think the Rams are going to take the torch when Ray Lewis retires and shoot right to the top of the list as the meanest defensive team in the NFL.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
RamsSince1969 said:
We RAMS fans now will have the haters coming for us. [hil]We were the loveable losers and for the most part, everybody kicked us when we were down.[/hil]Now, our team is kickin azz and taking lunch money, big brother will come looking for the bully. Rams are the bully? Wow! Awesome! :twisted:

As one of my friends once told me a couple years ago… he heard the RAMS were relocating to the Island of Manila, so they could be called the “Manila Folders.” That might have been then, but this is now. In the past, it seemed the RAMS would find a way to lose when faced with adversity. But, as we have seen so far through the first 5 games, this team won't lie down when facing adversity and other teams better be prepared to play a full 60 minutes because the RAMS will. I said it before… the RAMS are no longer the doormat of the NFL. Teams better bring their "A" game when you play the RAMS. This team is young and hungry for success. This organization is building towards a very bright future for many years to come. Stay humble, play confident and keep kicking ass!

GO RAMS! :nice:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Meh. Go ahead and post them. Especially the funny ones. I find it hard to believe that KD, for example, is going to have a problem with it. In fact, it'd probably be a regular read for him. I can actually see him giggling at some of them and saying, " Hey Les - Check this one out.".

Memento

Name
Jemma
RamFan503 said:
Meh. Go ahead and post them. Especially the funny ones. I find it hard to believe that KD, for example, is going to have a problem with it. In fact, it'd probably be a regular read for him. I can actually see him giggling at some of them and saying, " Hey Les - Check this one out.".

If this site was getting quoted - especially the quotes of people who get upset (like myself) - after a loss, wouldn't you be furious at the site who was quoting us? Something like this could easily turn into a shitfest like the Atlanta/St. Louis thread on mlb.com (trust me, you do NOT want to know what is going on there). This site was built for positive Rams fans who were tired of all of the bullshit, drama, and negativity of certain other sites. All we'd be doing with that is inviting all three of those things in.

I'm not saying to tone down this site; that's why I stay here. I'm not asking us to stop talking smack about opposing teams before and after the games; I do that as well. I'm not even discouraging the idea itself; quoting the opposing fans who give our team props and/or are knowledgable about what went on in the game is so much more gratifying than quoting the negative people. I just feel that quoting the negative replies after losses is very similar to kicking a dog when it's lying in the dirt. You just don't do that. It's bush-league stuff, and I feel that we're better than that.

Just my honest opinion.