Why didn't Cam Newton fight for that fumble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It looked odd. Almost like he didn't try.

But, I think he thought the ball was going to squirt out at the last minute, flinched.

But he's catching heat for what it looked like.

What did you see?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
My thought was he saw his player just about ready to scoop it in so, not wanting to interfere with that effort, backed off.

Didn't really go that way as we all know now.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I think he was trying to judge it bouncing. I'm not going to say some stupid hot take like "HE DIDN'T WANT IT ENOUGH" or some ridiculous garbage like that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he was trying to judge it bouncing. I'm not going to say some stupid hot take like "HE DIDN'T WANT IT ENOUGH" or some ridiculous garbage like that.

Agree.

Just reading the clippings. He's catching heat.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Anyone that blames Cam for not "going after" that fumble is full of it. Video doesn't lie. He went right after it, hell he even fell on the ground.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000634348/Can-t-Miss-Play-Miller-time?icampaign=nflcom-ht-homepage-videoswap_generic_nfl

I'm rooting for the guy from here on. I hate it when media vultures and jackals judges players' actions from the comfort of their luxury/press boxes. They act like they know all the answers, and then twist it into the truth. It's a bunch of lies and I don't blame players for not standing to it. Kudos to Cam for leaving his press conference. Fuck them, he got his ass beat all game and played through the end.

Special fuck you to the announcers. They painted that picture he made the decision of it not being worth it.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think he deserves every second of heat and lack of respect he gets...That's exactly the way he acted toward every team they played..Don't want the heat ??? Play better...Isn't that what he said ?? Fuck him...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kudos to Cam for leaving his press conference.

haha, he left the press conference? talks shit, acts like a clown, can't handle a bit of heat. man up. if you don't want to hear difficult questions play better. isn't that what they told everyone - if you don't want to see us dancing stop us from scoring?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I saw was a moment of awkwardness of body position. For the briefest half second, it seemed like he repositioned so that he could go after it and not hurt himself....jmho.

Angry Ram

haha, he left the press conference? talks crap, acts like a clown, can't handle a bit of heat. man up. if you don't want to hear difficult questions play better. isn't that what they told everyone - if you don't want to see us dancing stop us from scoring?

Bullshit bro. It has nothing to do with "manning up." He answered the questions, too. He's right in his answers too, what else is there to say? He and his team didn't play well. I don't think people realize how hard it is to be on the losing side of the SB. It's not as simple as "man up" or "get over it." Its gonna take some time. I bet Kurt Warner and friends probably had that same feeling in 2001.

Cam isn't what he is portrayed. Dude celebrates with his teammates. Big whoop. He gives footballs to kids. The horror. He's taking shit that isn't even true and based on judgement from luxury boxes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Im going to have to watdch the press conference. He walked off?

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
In my opinion he looked like he threw an incomplete pass. Then he realize his arm didn't go forward, and he saw players trying to recover the football.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bullcrap bro. It has nothing to do with "manning up." He answered the questions, too. He's right in his answers too, what else is there to say? He and his team didn't play well. I don't think people realize how hard it is to be on the losing side of the SB. It's not as simple as "man up" or "get over it." Its gonna take some time. I bet Kurt Warner and friends probably had that same feeling in 2001.

Cam isn't what he is portrayed. Dude celebrates with his teammates. Big whoop. He gives footballs to kids. The horror. He's taking crap that isn't even true and based on judgement from luxury boxes.

i see what i see. and it's been 5 years of him. he's still the same cam that came in the league and that i couldn't stomach almost instantly. so he gave some kids footballs this season, doesn't make all the other noise go away.

i bet kurt answered all questions that came his way like a professional. after both superbowl losses. i just posted in the superbowl thread how peyton is always a true professional no matter how brutal his team's losses have been throughout his career.

cam is kpranondick material.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
"You are the face of our brand right now," Sanders said. "You can't do that. I understand the emotions of losing. You can't do that. A Manning, a Brady, all of those guys who have been prototypical guys would never do that.
"You can't be dabbin', smiling, styling and profiling when you win, and then this is how you lose."

Deion Sanders

Angry Ram

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"You are the face of our brand right now," Sanders said. "You can't do that. I understand the emotions of losing. You can't do that. A Manning, a Brady, all of those guys who have been prototypical guys would never do that.
"You can't be dabbin', smiling, styling and profiling when you win, and then this is how you lose."

Deion Sanders

fuck me. i can't believe it. i actually agree with what this clown said.

Angry Ram

i see what i see. and it's been 5 years of him. he's still the same cam that came in the league and that i couldn't stomach almost instantly. so he gave some kids footballs this season, doesn't make all the other noise go away.

i bet kurt answered all questions that came his way like a professional. after both superbowl losses. i just posted in the superbowl thread how peyton is always a true professional no matter how brutal his team's losses have been throughout his career.

cam is kpranondick material.

Cam is no where near like Kaeperwhatever. Cam is actually a good player.

Marshall said it best: What he is doing isn't right, doesn't blame him, but he'll learn from this. All that extra stuff he does is suddenly used against him? C'mon. I don't believe you can judge him coming straight after a loss. Especially one as emotional and big a game as this as a young player.

But we're gonna have to disagree b/c we won't ever come full circle on this.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Showing some of that immaturity that he has flashed from time to time. I guess losing with grace isn't in Cam's character. I was a Cam fan b4 today. Not so sure now. Answering dumb questions after an emotional loss is part of being a professional.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam is no where near like Kaeperwhatever. Cam is actually a good player.

Marshall said it best: What he is doing isn't right, doesn't blame him, but he'll learn from this. All that extra stuff he does is suddenly used against him? C'mon. I don't believe you can judge him coming straight after a loss. Especially one as emotional and big a game as this as a young player.

But we're gonna have to disagree b/c we won't ever come full circle on this.

you got that right. peace.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who knows. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. I'm not going to question the heart of the QB that takes as many hits as any QB in football...and does so willingly for his team.

And I don't care if he pouted or sulked or was pissed after they lost. Losing sucks. I think we all know that. I want a QB that's angry and upset when he loses. And frankly, I'd much rather listen to a Cam Newton interview after a win or loss than Russell Wilson recite a bunch of canned lines like a politician. He's such a boring interviewee.