Why did the NFL push back the Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am sure there was a good reason but can someone please tell me again why the NFL pushed the Draft back this year? I sure wish they would have kept it the way it was!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
You mean last year? They moved it back last year because of a scheduling conflict at the Radio City Music Hall. This year it is back to its regular spot though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
beer.gif

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean last year? They moved it back last year because of a scheduling conflict at the Radio City Music Hall. This year it is back to its regular spot though.

They say your (Mine!) memory gets worse with age! Well, mine is certainly doing just that! I really didn't remember the Draft being moved last year!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It used to be on April 25th.

The player's union has been pushing to move the draft to middle May.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's better for draftees if it's later, especially for those players who are on the Quarter system. They either have to drop out of school or miss the first round of OTAs because of eligibility rules. With a later draft, the NFL calendar starts everything later and those guys miss less.

Plus it gives everyone a little more time to heal before the new season begins.

Ltrautman

MIZ
I think it was pushed back in 2014 because there was an event at Radio City Music Hall during the normal date. This year it's in Chicago starting April 30th