Why did Isaac Bruce sign with the 49ers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Scott Linehan was atrocious when it cam to evaluating and managing personnel and having him teamed with the loveable (not) Jay Zygmunt, John Shaw, and Tony Softli was a match made in hell for us Rams fans as they ruined a franchise by picking off the reaming members of the GSOT and totally screwing the pooch with the two worst drafts in team history (2006 & 2007).

From Bruce's Wiki Page
"On February 28, 2008, Bruce was released by the Rams after refusing to take a pay cut, which the Rams promised they would not do in a previous contract renegotiation."

2007-2011 were the darkest days of being Rams fan with 2008 & 2009 being worst seasons of them all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The bigger mystery is why Linehan did not accept a first rounder for Holt from the Titans. That was a trade deadline snafu. Holt was obviously on the decline.

beej

Rookie
I remember a lot of sentiment among fans at the time that he was washed up. Those last couple of years local sports casters were calling him out for not being open, very often. I think lots of times people are so fickle they forget their own thoughts and arguments.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seeing Bruce go to the 49ers made me ill!! It reminded me of when Hacksaw Reynolds went their, I said to myself " Not again!!" The Rams payed for their Stupidity on both occasions!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The bigger mystery is why Linehan did not accept a first rounder for Holt from the Titans. That was a trade deadline snafu. Holt was obviously on the decline.
Actually that was prolly the best thing that could have happened. He wouldn't have done anything good with the pick anyway.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Worst decision ever. Signing that big stupid tree, Drew Bennett, and paying him that much cash pretty much forced them to try and whittle down Bruce's contract, and he simply said no thanks. That's not how you treat someone who did so much for the team, but b'ness is b'ness, I guess. It's just not always smart business.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I remember a lot of sentiment among fans at the time that he was washed up. Those last couple of years local sports casters were calling him out for not being open, very often. I think lots of times people are so fickle they forget their own thoughts and arguments.

No revisionist history here for me. Bruce is one of my all-time favorite Rams and I always hated the way his release went down along with the way the Management (At the time) handled the situation with many of the GSOT aging vets. From my limited knowledge, as an outside observer, Marshall was one of the few that they treated well IMO.

As DaveFan'51 and others noted, seeing Bruce in a 49er uniform was sickening to me as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could be, but I know for certain that I wasn't a fan of the move at the time.
Like, at all.