Why Did Belicheat Not Call a Time Out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why even have rules if you are not going to enforce them?

Again, this is now WWE entertainment. That team can do whatever they want, and nobody will ever do anything about it! When the "investigation" is over, they will come out okay, but Atlanta and Cleveland are going to loose some draft picks. I'm not sure Goodell won't award them to New England after he shows up to the draft in a mask and a cape!
Rules are so Goodhell can pretend to be playing fair and with integrity.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not sure what you mean by "pop hot"... I assume testing positive for PED's? In that case, no, unless it can be proven that the team was involved in getting him to take them. And here, the individual has plenty of motivation to do so on his own, whereas none of the theories of a lone individual deflating the balls (especially outside of players or coaches) make sense.

But yes, the Patriots should have been disqualified from the game they were caught cheating in (even if they win 200-0). Not overboard, and a great precedent. Draft pick forfeitures and fines aren't going to do a thing to stop New England from cheating because they're still gaining more than they lose. Having that win taken away for cheating will eventually make them stop.

I also would have taken away the previous 3 Super Bowl "wins" when Spygate because they admitted taping defensive signals since 2000.

What has set a bad precedent are the slap on the wrist penalties that New England simply laughs at and carries on business as normal.

Problem is the NFL will never do that, gotta protect the shield and all.

I guess with this specific issue, I just don't really care. Maybe because I just don't have the energy to care. With that I'll go ahead and bow out here.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Problem is the NFL will never do that, gotta protect the shield and all.
Yeah, I've said quite a few times that Goodell obviously cares more about the PERCEIVED integrity of the game than he does the ACTUAL integrity of the game. Since, after all, it's the former that allows the owners to make money.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I saw someone do a breakdown of the play. They said, given the personnel the Patriots used it gave the Seahawks a lot of incentive to pass. They put themselves in man (which Seattle confirmed by motioning a player and seeing Revis move with him), which then gave a lot of incentive for a quick slant.

Then it was down to the individual players. Seattles receiver (starting with a K, I forget the names) was supposed to get in the way of Butler and the other Pats player, leaving the intended receiver free for the quick slant and an easy TD. Wilson was going to throw it to him regardless, he didn't have time to go through his reads, it was snap and throw.

However the Patriots jammed Seattle at the line, so Butler was not only not interfered with, but had speed to make the play. Wilson should have either thrown it low or behind, but instead he led his ut coached. Having the play broken down kind of cleared things up for me though.

--That was it --- I love Seattles clock management there.

That is why I say a bunch of dumb Monday Night QB's saying it was wrong to throw.

--1. Anyone who blames Pete Caroll
is wrong.
2---If NE losses it is Belicheat who is going to be questioned,by not given Brady a chance to tie the game.
3----The bad part is the formation & play call.
A. Belicheat saw they were in a passing formation.If he calls a timeout,Hawks run the ball 3 times more.
-I. Run a tight formation for options.
--II.Run your TE on a post out.Can't run a slant on that play because of 5yrd rule.DB's can be more physical.
4.The fact is Seattle has enough confidence giving The Beast the ball on 3rd & 4th down.
A.Running the pass play assure you get 2 running plays in with a full play clock.
I.Trust your QB
II.Trust your O-Coordinator
III.-If NE stop Hawks first play ???
B.Running down the clock,& NE does not call a TO from a bad formation.
I. Can't change call,or formation.
II. Can't run the ball,plus no reason to at that point anyway.Still have 2 run plays to score from 1/2 yrd line.
C.-Not giving NE a chance to score.
I. Now NE also kept it's TO's
II.run the clock to 3 seconds.
III Game can't end on false start.
IIII Great game & clock management.
D.There is no guaranties The Beast gets in for a TD.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, I've said quite a few times that Goodell obviously cares more about the PERCEIVED integrity of the game than he does the ACTUAL integrity of the game. Since, after all, it's the former that allows the owners to make money.
+1
That's what a big corporation's CEO and it's board members do. Just replace the word "game" with "company" and the idea of popularity with stock price.
Nothing else matters. Not the players/employees...not the public's enjoyment/consumers satisfaction.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
+1
That's what a big corporation's CEO and it's board members do. Just replace the word "game" with "company" and the idea of popularity with stock price.
Nothing else matters. Not the players/employees...not the public's enjoyment/consumers satisfaction.
yup