Why are you anticipating the Draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Why are you anticipating the Draft?

• I'm a draftnik. I almost get as much satisfaction from the Draft, evals, and mocks as I do from Ram

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • The Rams’ Draft results are how I evaluate the Rams FO.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I use the Draft to evaluate my knowledge of the Rams FO plans.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I want to know how wrong the media experts are.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I enjoy the full spectacle of the NFL Draft, though I can’t tell the difference between Eifert and E

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • All I ever learn about the Draft is from other people’s mocks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just want to know who the Rams will pick.

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
With the Draft fast approaching, I wondered what motivates most of you.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly I just want to know who the Rams pick.

Then I spend the next however many months talking about how every single rookie is going to be amazing and contribute and the Rams are going to help use them to win the Superbowl every year because that's what I do.

But seriously, I just want to see who will be putting on horns next year, gets me excited for the season. The good thing about the offseason is that it doesn't matter if you were Superbowl Champs or 0-16, it's a new season and anything can happen on Sunday. It's fun to see the team get new blood and improve and speculate how they'll do.

*Edit* depending on the front office I may use it to see if I like how they're running things, but with this front office I have 100% trust that they'll get the right players, makes me a lot more at ease.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like the whole draft experience. I also like to do my own little evaluation of how the team is going to take shape AFTER they draft. It's fun to talk about how new additions are going to contribute, and it gives me a little better insight into the philosophy of the FO and HC.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Dude said:
I like the whole draft experience. I also like to do my own little evaluation of how the team is going to take shape AFTER they draft. It's fun to talk about how new additions are going to contribute, and it gives me a little better insight into the philosophy of the FO and HC.

One thing about Fisher...He's ain't scared of surrounding himself with smart coaches.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I like to know who the Rams pick, but I also like to see how good I am at evaluating talent (I'm getting better)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
bluecoconuts said:

Then I spend the next however many months talking about how every single rookie is going to be amazing and contribute and the Rams are going to help use them to win the Superbowl every year because that's what I do.

But seriously, I just want to see who will be putting on horns next year, gets me excited for the season. The good thing about the offseason is that it doesn't matter if you were Superbowl Champs or 0-16, it's a new season and anything can happen on Sunday. It's fun to see the team get new blood and improve and speculate how they'll do.

*Edit* depending on the front office I may use it to see if I like how they're running things, but with this front office I have 100% trust that they'll get the right players, makes me a lot more at ease.

Exactly how I feel about it. It puts me on a depth chart eval that gets me to opening day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was gonna say I enjoy the whole event, but I'm picking on the media being wrong!

Remember Mel's face when Jimmy Clausen was a 2nd pick?!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just want to see who they draft and then wonk my way through how and why. Generally still I just look at those picks and try to envision how they see the fit. I love the draft - especially now that I feel good about who is making those picks. During the Ziggy/Shaw Show days I actually dreaded the draft. Now? Not so much.

And maybe I'm one of the few that actually thought the BD and Spags drafts made sense albeit I was really blown away by the Kendricks pick with what I felt was MUCH greater needs - but.... I'm a fan. I reserve the right to be fanatical. That includes this draft. For example, JJ was totally off my radar for this team. I really hope his talent continues to trump his history.

Bottom line is that I BELIEVE. I believe that these guys get it and know football AND players. I think we're in good shape and can't wait to see who they build OUR team with.

Jonesing big time about now. Is it Thursday yet?

Pho Kadat

Rookie
I just like watching how all the pieces fall into place, good or bad. The excitement of seeing someone like Lil Animal making his way to the 2nd round and getting scooped up by the Rams, or even the disappointment of witnessing that one guy get snatched up just before their next pick (ala Justin Blackmon). Then there's always the "who the heck is that?" pick. Or the "we drafted another TE?" pick.

It is sort of like Christmas--you know you've got something waiting for you under the tree, but you just don't know whether its a Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time or a pink bunny suit.

RamsNation

Rookie
Obviously the main reason is I love seeing who the Rams get and it's always a good sign of how the FO and coaching staff are looking to improve the team for this season.Plus I like seeing who everyone else gets so I always remember which prospects i liked coming out of college so if they hit the open market ill remember "yea X was good coming out I want the rams to look into him" and so on.Plus it's cool to see who other teams draft and interesting to some teams strategy and who or what positions they value higher than others.The whole draft is such a blast for me it's easily one of the best parts if the offseason if not the best.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Im a draftnik. I love the whole process.

I havent had as much time to evaluate players this year, but it hasn't dampend my enthusiasm at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a total draft junkie. Love evaluating players and comparing my results to the Pros.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
One of the best bits is creating the new guys on madden the day after the draft.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love the strategy side of the NFL.

So, for me... it's about the big picture of assembling the team. Each year we have to choose who we extend, let go, and free agents to pursue.

Then the draft and free agency round 2 and 3.

At the end; we have our team. The season dictates success and resets the strategy for the following year.

I love the draft. I can watch the whole thing easily. Generally speaking, after the 4th round, my attention span shifts to analysis. It's not that I don't place value on the 5th+ rounders, but the most significant packages have already been opened and the rest (including UDFA) shift into another mode of strategy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
I love the strategy side of the NFL.

So, for me... it's about the big picture of assembling the team. Each year we have to choose who we extend, let go, and free agents to pursue.

Then the draft and free agency round 2 and 3.

At the end; we have our team. The season dictates success and resets the strategy for the following year.

I'm kinda right there with you. Although I don't follow college ball I get tons of good info on players from guys who do and post info and highlight vids.

The reason I am actually paying some attention right now is this.....

The trade with WASH has the potential to be huge of course. And we are only one third through the "potential gains" from it. So last year and the next two years I will be watching as they add some premium talent at low prices versus the past. The timing was excellent in that regard. With cap space increasing for the Rams next offseason and lots of picks I am going to enjoy the roster reshaping as it unfolds each year.

This trade has essentially given them the chance to build a team that can compete for many years if they do it right.

One other thing I will add is that I found Sneads comments about spending a lot of time finding those undrafted gems and how he likes the challenge of digging some guys out of nowhere. It happens more if you focus on it I'm sure and he seems to pay lots and lots of attention to it. So it'll be fun for me to have some guys to really pull for because they were no names and not drafted.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I love telling everyone who will listen things like "Tye Hill is the next Darrel Green", for six months ,imagination is almost as good as reality :bign:
I also like the specific vids to watch ,I can't watch a lot of highlight vids because I'm on fair access sat. internet that runs real slow after my allotment is used .

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^
I totally agree. One reason I love the draft so much is because it is an opportunity to think about/read about/talk about football. In other words, it's a brief respite in an otherwise long, football-less offseason.

A55VA6

Legend
I really like the whole draft experience but I only truly care about the Rams picks and how they will unfold in our future. I like to evaluate possible prospects for the Rams and see who fits best, and at what pick we will take them.

I do have alot of fun making personal mock drafts and see where I stack up with the experts, I usually do pretty well for evaluating team needs and BPA.

Overall, Draft day is one of my favorite days of the year.. besides the actual games!