Why are we 6 points underdog to Carolina?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
Joat said:
26th ranked offense vs top D.

12th ranked scoring O vs 2nd ranked scoring D.

39th ranked run vs 3rd ranked run D.

On the other hand:

26th overall D vs 29th O

30th run D vs 7th run 0.

Panthers are at home.

No ideas as to why the Panthers are favored?

So now Cam Newton has thrown 115 Td's and the Rams have the 39th ranked run...

:sly: :lol: :lol:
I don't see how we can beat them now.

135103_340.jpg

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Damn I read this aloud and even my wife (who barley knows football) stopped me and asked aren't there only 32 teams :-D

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Ram_of_Old said:
max said:
iced said:
home teams are usually favored in toss ups

Home field is only worth 3 pts. So where did the other 3 come from?

It probably came from a national audience watching the Rams stink it up against the Niners in St.Louis.

It was interesting to hear Ross Tucker say that he moved the Rams up more than any other team in his power rankings because he actually watches and pays attention to what the Rams are doing. He said he likes what he sees from the running back and the QB now. It's a different team. He moved them up to 18 overall and he has the Panthers at 25.

That is my question also. I think the fact that we were able to get out of Houston with 0 sacks is a huge factor. Cam Newton can be dangerous, but I don't see a good reason for six points. I think the line will tighten as the week goes on.

I also think Cam also is prone to mistakes and trying to do too much at once.

Anonymous

GreeneCounty said:
I also think Cam also is prone to mistakes and trying to do too much at once.

That is true, thus the importance of the run game.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Rabid Ram said:
Damn I read this aloud and even my wife (who barley knows football) stopped me and asked aren't there only 32 teams :-D

It's called Panther logic. Their fan board, carolinahuddle, is full of it. The also shut down AP even though he averages 6 ypc and have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 9 straight, even though Spiller tagged them for 103.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Joat said:
26th ranked offense vs top D.

12th ranked scoring O vs 2nd ranked scoring D.

39th ranked run vs 3rd ranked run D.

On the other hand:

26th overall D vs 29th O

30th run D vs 7th run 0.

Panthers are at home.

No ideas as to why the Panthers are favored?

Rankings like this are fun for fans to talk about but are next to useless for analytical purposes, particularly a little over 1/4 of the way into a season.

Graphicker

Starter
Rabid Ram said:

Mine too and I don't even have a Wife.

Laughing-Sirius-Dj.gif

Anonymous

BigRamFan said:
Rankings like this are fun for fans to talk about but are next to useless for analytical purposes, particularly a little over 1/4 of the way into a season.

But it does provide some perspective on why the lines are what they are.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Joat said:
BigRamFan said:

But it does provide some perspective on why the lines are what they are.

Perhaps, but as mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I believe the line is more indicative of what Vegas wants in terms of generating revenue.

We played two stinker games, against DAL & SF, with the SF game in primetime. I think the general perception is that is who the Rams really are, hence the line; one the betting public can embrace.

As far as a predictor of who should win the game I think both the line and these rankings are just noise.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Its about public perception - don't forget bookies are trying to encourage punters to place money. The public thinks Carolina are better so are putting their money there. The bookies have to limit their exposure accordingly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Graphicker said:
Rabid Ram said:

Mine too and I don't even have a Wife.

Laughing-Sirius-Dj.gif
lol. love that gif.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
If we're gonna talk stats maybe some should just to last game alone
Against Houston, the Rams recovered two fumbles and intercepted two passes off of quarterback T.J. Yates. One of those interceptions was by linebacker Alec Ogletree, who returned it 98 yards for a touchdown to put the Rams up 38-6. Yes, a linebacker ran it back the length of the field.St. Louis also racked up five sacks, including two by defensive tackle Michael Brockers.