Who's your top 4 (Playoff) college teams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am sure my opinion will be different from everyone else!

1) FSU - OK, I admit that I am a Seminole Fan but I still think being undefeated should keep them
#1 and it is not like they had weak non-conference opponents.
2) Alabama - I was sure hoping Auburn would beat them so FSU wouldn't have to play them!
3) Oregon - I am going to take a wild guess (just kidding!) that Oregon has the next Heismant winner!
4) Ohio State - Pretty impressive game yesterday especially considering they were down to their
3rd string QB (who looked pretty good!)

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am sure my opinion will be different from everyone else!

1) FSU - OK, I admit that I am a Seminole Fan but I still think being undefeated should keep them
#1 and it is not like they had weak non-conference opponents.
2) Alabama - I was sure hoping Auburn would beat them so FSU wouldn't have to play them!
3) Oregon - I am going to take a wild guess (just kidding!) that Oregon has the next Heismant winner!
4) Ohio State - Pretty impressive game yesterday especially considering they were down to their
3rd string QB (who looked pretty good!)

CORRECTION (#1) - Should HAD kept them #1!

Athos

Legend
Bama
Oregon
Ohio State
TCU

I don't want overrated FSU in there. They should have lost last night had the GT QB not thrown a whimper to a wide open WR with green pasture in front of him.

That team is going to get clobbered by a real O for yet another boring game.

By the way, THIS is exactly why 4 teams is such bullshit. A perfect 8 (like the elite 8 for BB) is the perfect # of teams.

Otherwise you have Baylor who deserves to be in there, MSU who could be there, MSST, etc.

4 teams......Isn't a playoff. It's last year, just with 2 more teams.

Last edited:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Alabama
Oregon
Ohio State
Florida State-only because they are undefeated. But because they just seem to squeak by so many times I have a hard time putting them in the top four

Rams0307

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Ohio St

That's who I think will get in. Alabama will become National Champion, IMO.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Bama

By the way, THIS is exactly why 4 teams is such bullcrap. A perfect 8 (like the elite 8 for BB) is the perfect # of teams.

Another reason to go to 8 teams is it adds another week of games, which I'd like to see at max two weeks after the conference finals. One of the many problems with the old bowl system and which is being repeated this year is that the teams that are playing in the biggest games won't play for over three weeks. You can't expect teams to be playing at a high level with that much idle time.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
This.

I want to see an Alabama/Oregon championship game.
I'm hesitant to want to see that. Oregon is traditionally reduced to a lot of window-dressing when they play physical teams. That may just be the nature of any team vs. Alabama, so I guess we'll see if this year's incarnation of the Ducks is any different.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. Alabama
2. Florida State (Undefeated Matters)
3. Oregon
4. Ohio State

Scares me to play Alabama especially without Barrett, but time to punch the SEC Bully right in the mouth! Hopefully he falls and doesn't punch back.;)

Athos

Legend
And thus the BS of 4 teams.

Totally thought Baylor and TCU deserving at least as much as OSU.

Athos

Legend
4 teams. 6 teams. 8 teams. Someone will always be left out.

Disagree. 8 teams will cut it off at 2 losses overall for the most part. Anything more is 3 losses which is too much. 8 is the perfect # in my eyes.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Disagree. 8 teams will cut it off at 2 losses overall for the most part. Anything more is 3 losses which is too much. 8 is the perfect # in my eyes.
This year perhaps. But, last year weren't there about 12-15 two loss teams.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
One other thing 8 does is guarantee that the BCS conferences will all likely have a representative. Since those conferences do what they can to avoid playing each other during the season, it's very difficult to get a true read on who are the best teams. The SEC cannibalizes itself during the season, if Alabama had lost yesterday, could you imagine a playoff without an SEC team? If I wasn't a Missouri fan, I'd probably feel a little bad for the Big 12 screwing itself and TCU and Baylor in the process.