Who's your dark horse on this team?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Anyone they picked up in the later rounds or as a UDFA that you think will eventually become a stud on this team?

It's just a feeling, and everyone is entitled to my opinion :p , but don't sleep on Daryl Richardson (7th round RB). If they can stash him on the PS for a year, he should eventually become a legit home-run threat. I've only seen a few vids of him, but I think he's got that "it" factor.

paceram

Pro Bowler
My "Dark Horse" pick for the Rams this season is OLB Sammy Brown. Even though I doubt he will start a lot of games for the Rams I do think he will make the team and get a lot of playing time (especially since they don't seem to have a lot of depth at the OLB position). Even though Houston did not play in the toughest conference I think it is still impressive that Brown led his conference in 2010 with 20 Tackles for Loss (and, 7.5 Sacks) and was even better last season when he led the nation in Tackles for Loss with 30 (and, 13.5 Sacks)!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Givens :p

He's gonna have a big impact on fast points.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Tru "Alarm Clock" Johnson,cuz ya doesn't has ta call him Johnson :nono:

Despite the protestations to the contrary ,IMO he gets switched to safety and becomes our "Lynch" pin. Pet project of the HC and his son.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Even though he's not "dark", technically he's a Haole from Hawaii (a trait I share),,, I've gotta go with with Greg Salas.

wolfman84

Rookie
One of my favorite parts of any season is pulling for the underdog. My pick this year would be Alex Hoffman-Ellis. I think this kid has the "it" factor...whatever that is. A little undersized but great speed and a good vertical to stay with TEs and he's got a nose for the ball. I believe he started playing football later than most and probably won't emerge until later in his career. Will need to impress on special teams to initially make the 53 man roster but he's one I'll have my eye on.

Speeps

Starter
I have to go with our new kicker Greg Zuerlein. I've seen a lot of footage on him and I see a lot of touch backs and 55 yrd field goals in his future. He'll be an important piece on our special team squad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think Rokevious Watkins will win a spot on the team this year and eventually get a starting job. I also wouldn't sell Aaron Brown short; he makes a ton of splash plays.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Matt Daniels winning Craig Dahl's spot by game 2, after Fisher realizes Dahl, who is an all-around great guy and workout warrior, has poor field awareness. I think this question should be revisited after camp.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Matt Daniels winning Craig Dahl's spot by game 2, after Fisher realizes Dahl, who is an all-around great guy and workout warrior, has poor field awareness. I think this question should be revisited after camp.

:plus1: Excellent call & observation...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think Mike Hoomanaunui is going to stay healthy and turn into a big time threat.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:
I think Mike Hoomanaunui is going to stay healthy and turn into a big time threat.
That's a good pernt. *IF* he and Kendricks can stay on the field at all times, then it's going to make nearly everyone's job on offense easier.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I like Aaron Brown and Matt Daniels, both will be special teams studs and maybe eventual starters.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Just revisiting this thread...a lot of blushing to go around, haha!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Memento said:
I think Rokevious Watkins will win a spot on the team this year and eventually get a starting job. I also wouldn't sell Aaron Brown short; he makes a ton of splash plays.

Zing!!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:

Zing!!

Aw, hell, I got Aaron Brown wrong. At least he made the practice squad.

:lmao:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
JoLonn Dunbar on D and Steve Smith on O..Ahhh shit I should have claimed that back in July..thanks Sum1 for revisting this topic...at least I got it in before Sunday. :cheese:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Don't be too embarased, a week or two ago I was ready to cut Pead, NOW he almost has me ready to change my vote EVEN THOUGH he is a high round pick and doesn't "fit" the criteria of "dark horse".

I'm sticking with Johnson and hoping he can get a great start by shutting his namesake down this week.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thordaddy said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Don't be too embarased, a week or two ago I was ready to cut Pead, NOW he almost has me ready to change my vote EVEN THOUGH he is a high round pick and doesn't "fit" the criteria of "dark horse".

I'm sticking with Johnson and hoping he can get a great start by shutting his namesake down this week.

I'm kinda late finding this thread also. I'm on board with Trumane Johnson. I really liked his play as of late and think he will be turning heads (WR heads) real soon.