Who's Your Coach?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Before I start here I wanted to say, this is a NON BASHING thread...

So, pretend that Fisher was never here...never coached the Rams at all...But he was up for the job...What sort of coach are you wanting for your team? A players coach? a strict disciplinarian? Young and innovative?

I would say for me, I would want a coach who isn't afraid of changing his style...someone who has the respect of his players and the fans love. I would honestly say, My ideal coach would be someone in the Rex Ryan mold. Maybe without the Sanchize tattoo. But someone who isn't afraid to tell the Pats that they are fucking cheaters.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's a good pick...I like that one

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeff Fisher is our coach. Don't see the point in talking about who we'd rather have after only 2 games of the season.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not talking about replacing him...I just want to know what kind of coach people want...If Someone like Fisher is your guy...Great, But if i got to choose, it's gonna be someone in a completely different direction.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jeff Fisher is our coach. Don't see the point in talking about who we'd rather have after only 2 games of the season.

I just noticed you avatar and it is cracking me the fuck up....lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So you prefer a players coach who isn't afraid to hire in a genius play caller and give him free reign.

I learned so much from Vermeil, he was so humble it was amazing. Always giving credit to the players and coaches.. Now yes sometimes it can come off as too much, but if done the right way everybody feels good about you.

Vermeil had to adapt and he did and had to make some serious changes on the staff and almost chose Mike White over Mike Martz, but in the end he gave me something I never thought would happen in my lifetime so yes I like a players coach who is willing to surrounded himself with the best people and empower them accordingly.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
In my perfect world, (and I don't usually play this game), IF Fisher is no longer here for whatever reason, (and I DO NOT want him gone), Jim Mora steps in.
I think he was hobbled with a bad QB in Atlanta, and not given enough time in Seattle. He's a discipline guy, and isn't stuck in his ways.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's an interesting choice...but i can dig it

fearsomefr

UDFA
Name
JP
I'm not talking about replacing him...I just want to know what kind of coach people want...If Someone like Fisher is your guy...Great, But if i got to choose, it's gonna be someone in a completely different direction.
Going in a different coaching style is fine....as long as the approach personnel wise is the same. At least on D. Last thing I want is some new guy coming inn and announcing how excited he is to introduce his great 3/4 scheme and start a roster turnover.
Steelers are the perfect example of a franchise that has great stability in coaches....that comes from stability in vision and approach.
They have run that 3/4 for years and years....they have become experts in drafting guys that fit that mold and what they run and adapting the scheme itself to changing trends in the league. Teams like the Browns, Raiders, Rams, Lions ect....very consistent turnover in coaching and front office. Turmoil up top trickles down. I think that Snead gets it, in the sense he has a vision for how to build a team. He knows what he wants in terms of approach and personal. Personally, I hope Fisher and Snead get another contract and see the fruit of their labor. When it comes time for a new coach I hope it is someone who is promoted from within, familiar with is now the Snead/Rams approach, building on a well set foundation and success. Otherwise I fear switching from coach to coach, a new GM, from approach to approach every several years leads to losing, plain and simple.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Can we get an offensive coach?
Can we go for balanced coach? Somebody who can be put effort into both sides of the ball. Tired of coaches who are geniuses at one side, but complete idiots at everything else.

Linehan was an offensive dynamo, but an idiot at D. Spags was a D dynamo but couldn't into anything O, then a redo in Fisher. Enough is enough.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Can we get an offensive coach?

From this headline it loos like Lombardi is our perfect candidate

image.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm building a team for the long haul as an owner or GM my choice is an offensive coach. I love defense and it's my preference overall, but this league continues to trend to a scoring, wide-open type of flag football game and I'd rather be on the front end of that wave than behind it.

Furthermore, the offensive geniuses end up with head coaching jobs. So do the defensive guys, but it seems to me that great offensive minds are the hardest commodity to find in this game so might as well check that block with your head coach.