Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• Deacon Jones

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Merlin Olsen

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Eric Dickerson

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Jack Youngblood

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Bruce is my favorite Ram, but i changed my vote to suit your poll.
Best player?
Deacon, Merlin were before my time, so i went with this guy.
tumblr_ndnpbtWhoQ1qhkbk8o1_400.gif
tumblr_ne5yte2jp51tj4tayo1_400.gif
See Dick run. Run Dick, run.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK... so that little detour about how some of the legends went on to be successful in the movies or on TV (that just added to the mystique that was the Rams back in those days).

IF (yes, IF) they end up back in L.A., seems more likely some Rams might end up back on TV or in the movies.

So, IF that were to happen, who - on the current roster - do you think would be the first?

I say Chris Long... connections... looks... well spoken... lots for Hollywood to like.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ED.

Over 2,000 yds in one season. that's a crazy record. Not enough people here saw that cat play ball.

It's a tough call between him and Deacon.

Big Willie

Starter
Roman Gabriel played JOHN WAYNE'S son "Blue Boy" in THE UNDEFEATED ..really a decent movie and Merlin Olsen was in the movie also. An after the civil war western . Gabriel had a love interest and risked his life to save the day as John Waynes son.
I have seen the movie fifty times and never knew that fact, but as soon as I read this...it clicked. How could I have missed that factoid over the years. Yikes, I feel stupid.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I just want to give a shoutout to my man Marc Bulger. Not my favorite but one not to be forgotten. A pretty talented QB that did his best to live up to his SB predecessor but like any soldier could only take on so many battles and take so many hits.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Kurt Warner was absolutely an incredible player, should have been a Ram longer, but best QB in my era. I could make the same argument for Dickerson, absolute beast, but Faulk was an unbelievable overall talent, whose total attributes are hard to quantify.

Deacon destroyed games, but that whole line was so good. Youngblood's toughness was incredible. Kevin Green deserves a mention here, because when we beat the vaunted Niners, he got hits on one of the all time greats at QB, who was surrounded with talent.

Bruce was my favorite player for a while, but I loved Ellard too, and what Holt brought to the table.

Nolan Cromwell, Perry, and Thomas were part of my favorite secondary.

Can't not mention the big O, or Jackie Slater.

I have to go with Dickerson, because when you add it all up, who he played with, who his coaches were, he made us relevant almost every year that he was here. He didn't have a bunch of help.

This was all from the hip, and I sure didn't mean to disrespect or miss anybody. Quinn may end up being in the conversation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
have to go with Dickerson, because when you add it all up, who he played with, who his coaches were, he made us relevant almost every year that he was here. He didn't have a bunch of help.

While I agree that Dickerson has to be a candidate for all time favorite, I don't agree with your sentiment that he didn't have much help. He may not have had a passing game but he had one of the greatest offensive lines of all time to run behind. Plus he had a head coach who knew how to run the ball affectively. Would Dickerson have been as impactful behind a bad line? Not likely.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
While I agree that Dickerson has to be a candidate for all time favorite, I don't agree with your sentiment that he didn't have much help. He may not have had a passing game but he had one of the greatest offensive lines of all time to run behind. Plus he had a head coach who knew how to run the ball affectively. Would Dickerson have been as impactful behind a bad line? Not likely.
He had a good line. I don't/won't dispute that, but it takes a lot more. He probably had the worst QB in football, part of the time, and therefore faced heavily stacked defenses regularly. He gained tons of yards after contact, and could you imagine him on a team with a creative coaching staff, and a somewhat balanced passing threat?

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Kurt Warner was absolutely an incredible player, should have been a Ram longer, but best QB in my era. I could make the same argument for Dickerson, absolute beast, but Faulk was an unbelievable overall talent, whose total attributes are hard to quantify.

Deacon destroyed games, but that whole line was so good. Youngblood's toughness was incredible. Kevin Green deserves a mention here, because when we beat the vaunted Niners, he got hits on one of the all time greats at QB, who was surrounded with talent.

Bruce was my favorite player for a while, but I loved Ellard too, and what Holt brought to the table.

Nolan Cromwell, Perry, and Thomas were part of my favorite secondary.

Can't not mention the big O, or Jackie Slater.

I have to go with Dickerson, because when you add it all up, who he played with, who his coaches were, he made us relevant almost every year that he was here. He didn't have a bunch of help.

This was all from the hip, and I sure didn't mean to disrespect or miss anybody. Quinn may end up being in the conversation.
Fantastic post. I've seen all of the players, that you mention, in-person, and I couldn't agree more with every word of your post. And I also went with ED, although it's a very tough call.

A55VA6

Legend
Considering I was born in the 90's, I won't go with anyone before that time since I never really watched them play live.

I'm gonna have to say Marshall Faulk. The way he could run, catch, make people miss.. he was just incredible to watch as a kid growing up. Faulk is the best Ram I know.