Who's the best QB-WR combo in the NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's swigging the Kool-Aid and then there's Hue Jackson delusional. I voted Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hue Jackson: Dalton, Green give Bengals the NFL’s best QB-WR pair
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 30, 2014

350x-82.jpg
AP

Are Andy Dalton and A.J. Green the best pass-catch combination in the NFL? They are according to the man who calls plays in Cincinnati.

Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that Dalton and Green are the best quarterback-receiver pair in football.

“I know people will fight that and say differently,” Jackson said. “But I’ve watched these guys; these guys are grown. They’ve come in together, they started off hot, they’re still hot. Every year, statistically, they’ve gotten better. But at the end of the day, they’re both chasing something else. They’re both chasing getting this team beyond a playoff win and on to the Super Bowl. I think both of these guys are in the prime of their careers. They work very hard together, they know each other pretty well. And like I said, I wouldn’t trade the two guys for anybody at this point, because these guys know how to do it together.”

Jackson isn’t doing the Bengals any favors as they plan future contract extensions with Dalton and Green: You can bet both players’ agents will remind Bengals owner MikeBrown that the offensive coordinator considers them the best pair in the NFL, and ask to be paid accordingly.

But Jackson’s comments may be more about showing his players that he’s confident in them than actually offering an objective assessment of the best quarterback-receiver pairings in the NFL. We’ll let PFT Planet weigh in on whether Dalton and Green are actually the best.

Who's the best QB-WR combo in the NFL?

Andy Dalton and A.J. Green
Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas
Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall
Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson
Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson
Matt Ryan and Julio Jones
Drew Brees and Marques Colston

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Has to be Manning/Thomas, with Stafford/Megatron #2. Best QB with a top-5 WR vs. best WR with a top-10 QB.

Dalton is awful... as amazing as AJ Green is, Dalton drags down their rating.

The only other one I could see making a run at the top 2 is Brees/Colston.

Before reading the link my first thought was Manning and Thomas.

Rodgers and Nelson is a good partnership when they are both healthy together.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Has to be Manning/Thomas, with Stafford/Megatron #2. Best QB with a top-5 WR vs. best WR with a top-10 QB.

I'm thinking the same thing. Dalton/Green at #1 is a joke.

MFaulk107

The Realness

Couldn't say this any better!
I'm in complete agreement.

Irish

Starter
No love for Eli and Cruz?

hard to think of another pairing that has created as much magic as those two together in the past 4 years when it actually counted. Can't say that about half of those guys.

jjab360

Legend

Why does everyone think Dalton is so awful? He's an above average QB who gets the job done, imo.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Why does everyone think Dalton is so awful? He's an above average QB who gets the job done, imo.
I don't see a lot out of him. He reminds me of Stafford in that he hucks it up for AJ Green to work his magic on a ton, and seems to have a tremendous penchant for the ill-timed turnover or choke job. Mediocre arm, mediocre accuracy, mediocre escapibility - I don't see any single feature that stands out and says "This is a guy I want as an NFL starting QB." At least Stafford has world-class arm strength and the ability to throw through a defender to complete an insane pass.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

I think you're right. No question I would take Rodgers over Peyton, but this is about the best combo. I don't think Nelson is as good as D. Thomas.

Hard to leave out Stafford/Johnson but I think Stafford gets away with a lot cause Johnson is so good. Same goes for Cutler/Marshall.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would probably vote Stafford and Johnson.

Manning > Stafford but Johnson >> Thomas.