Who's gonna be the backup QB .... and why.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

2013 backup QB will be...

• Kellen Clemens

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Austin Davis

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Bring in someone else

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Slappy967

Starter
Kellen was absolutely DREADFUL tonight. Poor decision making, badly thrown balls and too willing to try and "run" the ball. Davis bounced back from last weeks miserable showing to get destroyed by the 3rd string OL play and yet still put points on the board.

Davis had a very Bulgeresque performance!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Slappy967 said:
Kellen was absolutely DREADFUL tonight. Poor decision making, badly thrown balls and too willing to try and "run" the ball. Davis bounced back from last weeks miserable showing to get destroyed by the 3rd string OL play and yet still put points on the board.

Davis had a very Bulgeresque performance!

Well even though I agree that Davis did better last night IMA say our 3's are better than their 3's when you match DB's against WR's .

Clemens ( correctly spelled :ww: ) was running for his damned life and FWIW tried to stay behind the LOS sohe could make plays .

Unfortunately what we have is a choice between a guy who feels pressure too early vs. a guy who is not a very accurate passer.
That this board is so split on the subject is not at all a good sign.

HOWEVER based on last night I am now leaning in the direction of Davis again, Clemens just won't stay in the pocket and IMO CREATES some of the blocking difficulties.
If I'm an offensive lineman I want a guy I can count on being where he's supposed to be .

In the end I don't think the coaches have decided yet.

One more thing, in close ups, Davis had a deer in the headlights look to me,I wonder if anyone else saw that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I've had enough of Kellen Clemens IMO the Rams should cut him and pick up Dennis Dixon who will be released in Philly they had him in last year or make a deal for Jimmy Clausen of the Panthers or Seneca Wallace of the Saints. You then can keep Davis as well, if you don't want to make a deal then just wait for Dixon to be cut because there had to be some interest last year and Clemens just makes too many mistakes for my taste.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hecker. Boom.