Who you calling a chicken

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
<a class="postlink" href="http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2007/apr/13/uknews.taxonomy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.guardiannews.com/science/2007/ ... s.taxonomy</a>

Who are you calling chicken? T. rex's closest living relative found on the farm

· Proteins sequenced from dinosaur confirm link · Discovery ushers in new era in palaeontology

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Birds are descendants of dinos. I took a dino class as a sophmore.

They have the same shaped pubic (hehe) bone and backward legs.

Also...I don't like the idea of cloning extinct animals. Doesn't seem moral to me; those animals like the mammoth and dodo died due natural situations. I think humans should focus more on prevention of current species from extinction. There is nothing man-made or natural these days to kill massive amounts of animals except man.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

Also...I don't like the idea of cloning extinct animals. Doesn't seem moral to me; those animals like the mammoth and dodo died due natural situations. I think humans should focus more on prevention of current species from extinction. There is nothing man-made or natural these days to kill massive amounts of animals except man.

I agree im not in the pro side of cloning in general. However there are several natural things that could kill massive amounts of animals they are just rare. like large floods extreme hurricanes or perhaps drought and diseases. I mainly just posted the story cause I found it ironic that the closest decendent to the top of the food chain back then is being served fried with mashed potatoes lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Meat eating dinosaurs are the ancestors of birds. That sounds strange , but it makes total sense to me.

My family and I are allowed to live in the home of our parrot. We also have the pleasure of being his servants while we are permitted to live in his house.

Seriously , I'm a bird lover. Our parrot is a fascinating animal that never ceases to amaze us. Recently, we have even come to realize that he is self aware. Very rare according to experts , but possible.

Anyway back to the meat eating dinosaurs and birds... people are shocked when they see our parrot eating the marrow out of chicken bones. He instinctively knew how to crack them and get to the marrow. He also loves to eat eggs. More than one have asked me if is a cannibal .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVXdEOiCw8[/youtube]

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:

Actually, the dodo was hunted to extinction. There was no feared predator on the island they lived until man arrived and wiped them out. Since we caused that, bringing them back would be right.

The real problem with cloning these long-extinct animals is that their place in the wild no longer exists. The Tasmanian Tiger, another species that died out due to man's encroachment, would need to live in a new ecosystem. Or are these poor beasts merely for show? Will the final resting place be some extinct exhibit, intended to make all of us feel better?

There seems to be good intentions here but is it just pie-in-the-sky dreaming?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

Actually, the dodo was hunted to extinction. There was no feared predator on the island they lived until man arrived and wiped them out. Since we caused that, bringing them back would be right.

The real problem with cloning these long-extinct animals is that their place in the wild no longer exists. The Tasmanian Tiger, another species that died out due to man's encroachment, would need to live in a new ecosystem. Or are these poor beasts merely for show? Will the final resting place be some extinct exhibit, intended to make all of us feel better?

Oh really? I didn't realize the dodo was in the 16th and 17th centuries. Well there ya go. I did say DINO class lol.

Agreed on their place in the wild. It would have to be in a zoo or something. Yeah, clone a wooly mammoth. Put him in a zoo in Texas. What's gone is gone...it's unfortunante, but use it as a tool for education on current species.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

Oh really? I didn't realize the dodo was in the 16th and 17th centuries. Well there ya go. I did say DINO class lol.

Agreed on their place in the wild. It would have to be in a zoo or something. Yeah, clone a wooly mammoth. Put him in a zoo in Texas. What's gone is gone...it's unfortunante, but use it as a tool for education on current species.
Ah, then they become lab rats. Wouldn't that be special.

Poor mammoth. All those genetic instincts confused in confinement.