Who would YOU rather have start? Kaepernick or Smith?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
:idk: I'm actually kind of leaning towards Kaepernick off a gut feeling, but that performance last week against the Bears was impressive.

Idk, hopefully we can introduce him to Mr. Dunbar early in the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Probably Kaepernick. He's still not seeing the entire field, and his instincts are to bail out quickly under pressure, whereas Smith would probably hang in there and see the deep cross. Smith is more accurate at the moment too.

Oh, and Kaepernick would be easier to rattle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I gotta go with the rookie. He may make a few plays with his legs ,,, but he's a rookie yo.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Technically he's not a rookie. Yes he made his first NFL start against the Bears but I don't give a shit about either qb, the entire Niners team and organization. He Hate Them and always be a nemesis. FU :censored: CK the Niners and their "qb drama". Rams win out. Yea I said it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Kaepernick. It's going to be a tough game either way, and although Kaepernick is more mobile than Smith, Smith can still make plays with his legs. I think that Kaepernick will be more prone to making mistakes that our defense can take advantage of.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I know I have to choose one, but can their 3rd string/practice squad QB Scott Tolzien be their starter this week? If not Tolzien, then I want Harbaugh to put the pads back on so we wreck havoc on him.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If Smith wouldn't have got knocked out the Rams would have won by 2 TD's. He just sits in the pocket and would rather take a sack than force the ball. Long and Quinn would have had a great day.
Kapperprick is a handful with his legs, he made plays that Smith couldn't.

So I'd rather face Smith but would enjoy the greater challenge in Kapperprick.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
Alex Smith. Dude isn't as mobile as Kaep.

Im with you AR. I think an offense led by Alex Smith is a lot less dangerous and definitely isnt as explosive.

Kaep is a serious problem for any team running man coverage, like we do. Not many eyes in the back field on him. He also showed he was fully capable of eluding a LB spy.

We will need to play a lot more zone in this game than usual. We can stop him like that but it takes us out of our defensive element.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Kapernicus, cuz sending him back to the bench is the best way to keep the QB controversy thing going, what's bad for them is good for us.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Smith. Always take the known quantity who already has several blueprints out there of how to beat him. Also I flat out like the guy. He deserves better than he's had in SF and he's handled himself with class. One of the few 9ers I have time for.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think I would start Smith this year. I'd rather have some stability and playoff experience. Besides Alex was not playing bad this year. Kaepernick is a rookie, and sooner or later (especially in the playoffs) defense will make him pay. I'd rather not take a chance on a team that could make a long playoff run.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
I think I would start Smith this year. I'd rather have some stability and playoff experience. Besides Alex was not playing bad this year. Kaepernick is a rookie, and sooner or later (especially in the playoffs) defense will make him pay. I'd rather not take a chance on a team that could make a long playoff run.
Except the question was ... who would you rather have start against us.

I think you answered that though. You'd rather face Kaepernick, yeah?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:
Except the question was ... who would you rather have start against us.

I think you answered that though. You'd rather face Kaepernick, yeah?
Yeah, I'd rather take on the inexperienced guy. I think we'll fare better this time after we have played him once and there's another game of tape on him.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'd pick the one who has the most trouble finding Vernon Davis down the middle...always felt Smith never received his just due, so as a Ram fan I'd rather see Kaep get the start. All we need now is for Jimbo to oblige.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah,,, the inexperienced "rookie". LOL

Cannot believe I didn't know that this isn't his rookie year. Duh

But just for the record - Fuck both of them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Yeah,,, the inexperienced "rookie". LOL

Cannot believe I didn't know that this isn't his rookie year. Duh

But just for the record - Fuck both of them.
Well, he might as well be. He only threw five passes last year.

And yeah ... fuck both of 'em.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Fuck both of them.

But how do you REALLY feel?

I'd like to see Kapert-nick start until we knock him out of the game and whack on Alex Smith until.... Whadya say their third stringer's name was?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't like this...Alex Smith can be sacked. Kaepnerick its hard.

It was b/c of his scrambling SF got the damn FG before OT.

Alex Smith is a statue, you know what you're gonna get w/ him.