Who will return punts and kickoffs this season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Limey

Rookie
William Likely was a star on returns before his injury. If he is fully recovered and makes the team as a slot corner, he could be a dark horse for that role.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has to be Tavon. He's the best punt returner we've ever had. Should have about 6 for TDs. Which would put him top 10 all time ALREADY. I don't see taking him off the field for that. I agree about Dunbar. It will be him and P.Cooper back there returning kicks.
The best ever is extremely debatable. An 8.7 career average just doesn't scream greatness to me sorry. And yes I know about the call backs all returners get them called back. If I had to pick one I'd take Hakim with Henry Ellard likely a close 2nd.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we're getting a ton of production from the receiver spot from Tavon this year, I could see Cooper returning punts, but if he still isn't producing, keep him returning punts. He's a threat to score every time

jap

Legend
The best ever is extremely debatable. An 8.7 career average just doesn't scream greatness to me sorry. And yes I know about the call backs all returners get them called back. If I had to pick one I'd take Hakim with Henry Ellard likely a close 2nd.

I would not be crazy about Hakim as a PR. As good as he was, he was also a coach killer with all those crazy fumbles. Say what you want about Tavon: he does not drop the rock nearly as often as the Wizard of Az did.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would not be crazy about Hakim as a PR. As good as he was, he was also a coach killer with all those crazy fumbles. Say what you want about Tavon: he does not drop the rock nearly as often as the Wizard of Az did.
Austin isn't exactly great there either. Sixteen fumbles in 59 games compared to Akim's 25 in 110 games.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't realize Tavon dropped the rock so often.
Granted I'm not certain the number for either guys breakdown between returns and receiving but those are their total career numbers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I actually like Pharoh Cooper as a kickoff returner. William Likely - as mentioned by @Limey - is another option, if he makes it out of training camp.

thomonkey

UDFA
Name
thomonkey
do any nfl teams have starting offensive players doing kick off returns?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mike Thomas....dude is a daredevil out there....But if I had to bet....maybe a new guy....who was that lil wr from Hawaii? I want Tavon to focus on the offense.

I tend to fall into this way of thinking on Tavon Austin. I would work to demise TA's time as a PR on a regular basis. When things are tight & the game in on the line thats a total different story. I would plan to get TA to primarily focus fully on being what McVay wants from him in the Goff offense first. TA is the Rams most costly salaried offensive weapon (near 15 million) entering his 5th season in the NFL & he needs to be that for Goff in the offense not in ST's.

First yr RB's Aaron Green & Justin Davis needs to be looked at hard as our new PR's.In addition there veteran new 3rd down RB Lance Dunbar can get in some help too. Finally I am sure that 6th rd selection rookie FB Sam Rogers will play a vital role in PR/KR & ST's as a a lead blocker or a sure handed ball catcher!

WR Mike Thomas would be perfect KR if he had hand replacement surgery in the off season. With the addition of the 3 newly drafted receivers in Everett, Cupp & Reynolds, Thomas spot on the roster is questionable at best more doubtful if his hands do not improve. Josh Reynolds stands the biggest threat & chance of bumping Thomas off. Rams have a boatload of new UDFA CB's that will need to produce to make this 2017 team any of them that show they can be a returner for this team gets to the head of the line in making this 53 player roster.