Who Will Have a Longer Career, Mannion or Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can just FEEL the heat from some of you..RELAX...lol. This isn't a hate thread. In the last year, I keep hearing familiar names like Kellen Clemmens, Case Keenum, Austin Davis, and Shaun Hill. All of these guys either work in the NFL still, or did last year. Shaun Hill is the one that isn't currently employed, but is still called a FA and has collected an NFL paycheck since 2005. While Hill did start for the Rams for a while, he revealed himself to be a back up after a few games by some major mistakes, which is the same for the other names on the above list.

These guys normally come in for short periods during a season, so they don't have the wear and tear of a normal starting QB. They don't normally have massive contracts, but they are decent ones because of the importance of the position. I think Mannion is better than all of the above guys and is a borderline starter, which probably means the Rams won't be able to keep him long term. Some team will see a starter in him and will pay him stupid money...If he is just a great back up, I think he will have a nice career holding a clipboard for a long time. Meanwhile, Goff will get a random sacks from guys like Mack every game, and for this reason I think Mannion will have a longer career....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

keep-calm-only-2-more-weeks-3.png

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Ofcourse Shaun Hill isn't currently in the NFL he is already collecting social security. Honestly I would like Goff and Mannion be Rams their entire careers. But we will see what we got.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ofcourse Shaun Hill isn't currently in the NFL he is already collecting social security. Honestly I would like Goff and Mannion be Rams their entire careers. But we will see what we got.
11 years of paychecks! A few more starters getting injured and Hill will be back..

fearsomefour

Legend
No one has as long a career (if they want) as a solid back up QB.
The measure of a good back QB is the same as a morning poop....solid with no big surprises.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one has as long a career (if they want) as a solid back up QB.
The measure of a good back QB is the same as a morning poop....solid with no big surprises.
But that solidity can be some expensive shyte!
~Shaun Hill

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just dont see the point of comparison. Starters dont typically end up being back ups, they leave the game. Guys who never were going to be starters but hang around to hold a clip board make the most of it. Seems like different postions all together imo

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just dont see the point of comparison. Starters dont typically end up being back ups, they leave the game. Guys who never were going to be starters but hang around to hold a clip board make the most of it. Seems like different postions all together imo

That is exactly the point, and I never said that starters end up as back-ups, unless they are draft busts in which case they don't seem to last that long even as back ups. The guys who are good back ups are in high demand and don't get banged up...holding a clipboard for millions is about as good of a gig as you can get....

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
And I was always thought that it would be the K.
Unless drafted in the second round of course

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd be surprised if we offer Mannion another contract after this year...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be surprised if we offer Mannion another contract after this year...
Cuz we'll trade him for a 2nd rounder, Matt Castle style!
~LACHAMP46

bluecoconuts

Legend
If both were cut Goff gets a call before Mannion does.

But like others have said, it's such a hard thing to judge. When Goff is no longer a starting QB I think he'll maybe stick around another year, depending on how long his career has been. Mannion however is okay with being a backup and probably wouldn't mind being a scout team QB. There's a bigger need for scout team QB's than starters.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I will take the easy way out. Goff will start more games than Mannion does during their careers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Just like Dereck Anderson from Oregon st. Johnny Heker played with Mannion.

Mike Moore is another one those guys.