Who will be the Rams top pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm not so sure about that. Jones and Barnes may not be superstars but I've seen both play and they offered more than the hot garbage we had at Center this year.

Can't say I've seen enough snaps from Jones to comment on that. Barnes has been so-so but from what I remember got TOTALLY dominated by 3-4 and 4-3 under DTs. Wells seemed to be a little savvier at center in those situations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't say I've seen enough snaps from Jones to comment on that. Barnes has been so-so but from what I remember got TOTALLY dominated by 3-4 and 4-3 under DTs. Wells seemed to be a little savvier at center in those situations.

His savvy sure did a lot of good when he was snapping the ball to himself and costing us games.

Nah. Wells played like shit and made multiple unacceptable errors with snaps. He had no business being on that field. Even if Barnes got pushed around by NTs, he'd be better than Wells if he didn't screw the snaps up. Because Wells got pushed around just as much this year.

As for Jones, he held his own vs. KC. And snapped the ball correctly.

Wells should not have been playing.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Maybe they are trying to find away to shoehorn one more #1 pick into the DLine.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Assuming they don't make a trade and also assuming Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper and Kevin White have already been selected who do you think will end up being the Rams top pick?

I personally would be very happy with Brandon Scherff, Andrus Peat, DeVante Parker, Ereck Flowers or La'el Collins but I am guessing BRANDON SCHERFFR will end up being the Rams top pick. And, if the Rams can sign a quality FA offensive lineman (Rodney Hudson, Mike Iupati, Orlando Franklin, Stefen Wisniewski, Clint Boling, Justin Blalock, Brian Bulaga, etc) or two to go along with Scherff and another OL draft pick (Cameron Erving, Reese Dismukes, Hroniss Grasu, A.J. Cann, Laken Tomlinson, Tre' Jackson, etc) later in the draft the Rams offensive line should not only be vastly improved over the past few seasons they could also be very good once they get some playing experience together!

To make a long story a little shorter I think Scherff will end up being the Rams top pick! Not a sexy pick but in my opinion a very, very good choice!

Scherff's 23 reps at the combine was alarming to me.

Ltrautman

MIZ
You have a lot of really good choices their, @paceman, but I think I would take Cameron Erving before Scherff.
But considering they've cut Langford, I'm betting they go after Leonard Williams, or Vic Beasley 1st. Of course that's as long as they are successful with a free agent or two for the O-Line!
As much as I may dislike going defense in the first again, I would not complain with either of those 2 guys as long as we sign the right free agents

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As much as I may dislike going defense in the first again, I would not complain with either of those 2 guys as long as we sign the right free agents

I doubt Williams (Might just be the best player in the Draft!) will be available when the Rams pick (Unless, they move up) but I will not be disappointed if the Rams pick Beasley at #10 (Although, there is a pretty good chance he won't be available either). Personally, I think I would pick White, Cooper, Scherff or Peat (Assuming Winston, Mariota and Williams are all already gone) before Beasley but I do think he will be a great Defensive Player in the NFL for many years and Gregg Williams would probably love having him on his Defense (I can only imagine the different ways Williams would end up using him!).

Ltrautman

MIZ
I doubt Williams (Might just be the best player in the Draft!) will be available when the Rams pick (Unless, they move up) but I will not be disappointed if the Rams pick Beasley at #10 (Although, there is a pretty good chance he won't be available either). Personally, I think I would pick White, Cooper, Scherff or Peat (Assuming Winston, Mariota and Williams are all already gone) before Beasley but I do think he will be a great Defensive Player in the NFL for many years and Gregg Williams would probably love having him on his Defense (I can only imagine the different ways Williams would end up using him!).

I agree, Williams will almost certainly go in the top 3. If Beasley can drop into coverage he could make up for the lost Bobby Wagner pick. For some reason I prefer Cooper over White, probably just because of how fluid and easy he makes things look. I would love to see Beasley wearing the horns, but I don't think we would take him even if he was available.

jjab360

Legend
As of how I'm feeling right now, I'd say Andrus Peat or Ereck Flowers would be the most likely choices in round 1. Sometimes I feel like Scherff, but I think we'll be getting a veteran OG in FA and Barksdale won't be back, so we have a huge hole at RT and Peat and Flowers have elite potential.