Who will be the Rams 1st Free Agent Signing?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL
@Edro_41 There are better receivers in the draft then Victor Cruz and the 31 other teams recognize that. Giving a 1st rd pick for him..NO!
03:12 PM - 11 Mar 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony, I beg to differ. Could you name me exactly who that WR is other than Austin (who I'd still take w/our other 1st rounder). And how can you say that any of these college players is better than Cruz? These guys are unproven, yet you can't argue Cruz's longs of 74, 68, 47, 72, 42, 99, 74, 80, 77, and 49 throughout his 2 years as a starter. He is dynamic and as shown by his LONG TDs a threat to score from anywhere on the field!
Good point. Is he worth a 1st rounder?
Well, would you expect production like that FROM your first rounder?
Er uh ... yeah.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL
@Edro_41 There are better receivers in the draft then Victor Cruz and the 31 other teams recognize that. Giving a 1st rd pick for him..NO!

Tony, I beg to differ. Could you name me exactly who that WR is other than Austin (who I'd still take w/our other 1st rounder). And how can you say that any of these college players is better than Cruz? These guys are unproven, yet you can't argue Cruz's longs of 74, 68, 47, 72, 42, 99, 74, 80, 77, and 49 throughout his 2 years as a starter. He is dynamic and as shown by his LONG TDs a threat to score from anywhere on the field!

While I agree Cruz is a proven talent. And... his past two seasons are incredible... To give up the 16th pick and commit to the contract is steep price. I'm leery.

That said; Tony's comment about better receivers in the draft [better than Cruz] is a bit of a stretch IMO. If any of them achieve Cruz's result that would be an incredible start to their career.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

While I agree Cruz is a proven talent. And... his past two seasons are incredible... To give up the 16th pick and commit to the contract is steep price. I'm leery.

That said; Tony's comment about better receivers in the draft [better than Cruz] is a bit of a stretch IMO. If any of them achieve Cruz's result that would be an incredible start to their career.

True. And I'm sure they're is at least one all pro in my group of favorite WRs: Austin, Hopkins, Williams, Bailey, Patterson, Hunter, Wheaton, Allen. The trouble is identifying the right guy. I'm still not as high or optimistic about Quick as some are. Some are predicting him to go 1,000 yds, silly if you ask me. We need a proven vet who can challenge for the flanker spot opposite Givens.

What I don't want to happen is for the flanker spot to fall into Quick's lap because of marginal talent/competition on the roster, as the #1 spot did w/Gibson the past few years...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

True. And I'm sure they're is at least one all pro in my group of favorite WRs: Austin, Hopkins, Williams, Bailey, Patterson, Hunter, Wheaton, Allen. The trouble is identifying the right guy. I'm still not as high or optimistic about Quick as some are. Some are predicting him to go 1,000 yds, silly if you ask me. We need a proven vet who can challenge for the flanker spot opposite Givens.

What I don't want to happen is for the flanker spot to fall into Quick's lap because of marginal talent/competition on the roster, as the #1 spot did w/Gibson the past few years...

To expect >1,000 from Quick is asking a lot! I agree.

Who is the proven vet? That's a tough one. While Cruz is the proven guy, based on what the Rams have said, I don't see them giving up on cheap talent (16 and 22).

Unless we surprise the fanbase with Wallace... we'll be adding talent in the draft; Austin or Allen... and ERTZ! :cool:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

Who is the proven vet? That's a tough one. While Cruz is the proven guy, based on what the Rams have said, I don't see them giving up on cheap talent (16 and 22).

Unless we surprise the fanbase with Wallace... we'll be adding talent in the draft; Austin or Allen... and ERTZ! :cool:

I'm a Hopkins guy myself. Great route runner, great deep field separation, hands. And one most people don't mention: showed up against TOP competition

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

Agreed...CRUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is a stud.

I wouldn't be mad giving up the 16th pick.

It would be fun if they traded for Cruz,somehow traded back from thh 22nd pick, to around 27/28 and pick an extra 2nd.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Angry Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

Agreed...CRUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is a stud.

I wouldn't be mad giving up the 16th pick.

It would be fun if they traded for Cruz,somehow traded back from thh 22nd pick, to around 27/28 and pick an extra 2nd.

May I also add it would be rather eerie to hear "CRUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZ!!!" in the dome? It sounds so close to "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCEEE!!!" it brings chills down my spine triggering thoughts of the GSOT

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
rams24/7 said:
PressureD41 said:
Tony Softli
@SoftliSTL

I don't foresee us signing Wallace, but it would be hilarious that we pulled the rugs under the dolphins feet two years in a roll lol

A55VA6

Legend
I seem to disagree with EVERYTHING Softli says. I just don't like his way of thinking.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
What about L. Landry SS he's good at covering TEs and brings the wood

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The problem with getting Cruz is the Cost.

Cost = #16 + FA dollars

I prefer to not lose one of the chips that will make us better. We should remember that we aren't one player away--like Seattle thinks they are. We go after a FA, I hope it's an UFA. Going after Cruz just feels desperate to me, like going after Harvin makes Seattle look desperate. Besides, the Giants may very well match our offer. It's not like we have the cap space to outbid anyone.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with what Softli says, but we have better options than going all in on RFA Cruz.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Jared Cook, then instead of getting Cruz get the cheaper, younger option in the draft via Tavon Austin.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barrison6 said:
Jared Cook, then instead of getting Cruz get the cheaper, younger option in the draft via Tavon Austin.

this has to be the plan. why else would they let amendola walk away so easily?

nighttrain

Legend
kurtfaulk said:
Barrison6 said:

this has to be the plan. why else would they let amendola walk away so easily?

i like this :bg:
train