Who will be the first Head Coach fired?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23399411/nfl-expert-picks-who-will-be-first-nfl-coach-fired" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... oach-fired</a>

Will Brinson
Jason Garrett: It's not that I don't believe in the Cowboys. It's that I DO believe in the insanity of Jerry Jones. If Dallas isn't winning big by midway through the season, Jerry will say something about having only had to fire one coach in the middle of the year and then promptly fire his second-straight coach halfway through a season.

Josh Katzowitz
Dennis Allen: The Raiders are going to be brutal again, and even though it's only Allen's second season, owner Mark Davis will have no sympathy.

Jason La Canfora
Dennis Allen: Mark Davis is the kind of owner who would act erratically, and he was flirting with new football ops people even during Allen's rookie year. Rex Ryan, Mike Munchak, Ron Rivera and Jim Schwartz will probably be on these lists as well.

Ryan Wilson
Dennis Allen: We actually think the Chargers will finish last in the AFC West, but the Raiders have one of the league's worst offensive lines and Mark Davis won't have much patience with more losing.

Pete Prisco
Rex Ryan: The Jets situation is a mess. And GM John Idzik didn't hire Ryan. That will make it easy to fire him.

John Breech
Rex Ryan: Ryan would probably vote for himself in this category, so I'll vote for him too. Before the Jets reach their Week 10 bye, they have to play four games against 2012 playoff teams plus the Steelers and Saints.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The humiliating defeat the Cowgirls suffer at the hands of the Rams will contribute greatly to Garrett's demise. :bg:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23399411/nfl-expert-picks-who-will-be-first-nfl-coach-fired

Will Brinson
Jason Garrett: It's not that I don't believe in the Cowboys. It's that I DO believe in the insanity of Jerry Jones. If Dallas isn't winning big by midway through the season, Jerry will say something about having only had to fire one coach in the middle of the year and then promptly fire his second-straight coach halfway through a season.

Josh Katzowitz
Dennis Allen: The Raiders are going to be brutal again, and even though it's only Allen's second season, owner Mark Davis will have no sympathy.

Jason La Canfora
Dennis Allen: Mark Davis is the kind of owner who would act erratically, and he was flirting with new football ops people even during Allen's rookie year. Rex Ryan, Mike Munchak, Ron Rivera and Jim Schwartz will probably be on these lists as well.

Ryan Wilson
Dennis Allen: We actually think the Chargers will finish last in the AFC West, but the Raiders have one of the league's worst offensive lines and Mark Davis won't have much patience with more losing.

Pete Prisco
Rex Ryan: The Jets situation is a mess. And GM John Idzik didn't hire Ryan. That will make it easy to fire him.

John Breech
Rex Ryan: Ryan would probably vote for himself in this category, so I'll vote for him too. Before the Jets reach their Week 10 bye, they have to play four games against 2012 playoff teams plus the Steelers and Saints.

Several likely choices.

Ryan I think is the best choice.

Man.....I think the Jets are being run by a bunch of rodeo clowns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, my vote goes Rex Ryan's way.

A close second is Dennis Allen.

The common link? Loons running both franchises.

BobCarl

Rookie
Ryan Wilson said:
We actually think the Chargers will finish last in the AFC West, but the Raiders have one of the league's worst offensive lines and Mark Davis won't have much patience with more losing
Reggie McKenzie has full control over his Head Coach.

Mark Davis... maybe not in the media ... but behind the curtain ... he will have patience during the 2013 season. He knows the effed up state that his father left the team in.

Two more things ...

1. Reggie McKenzie is the only one that will make the decision on the Head Coach, not Mark Davis.

2. The state of the Raiders O-Line at the moment of Ryan Wilson's prediction is a far cry from who will comprise the O-Line on game 1 of the regular season.

3. Given the players that the Raiders head coach has to work with, there is no way that he will be held responsible for the W/L's this season. However in 2014, when the $40 mill of dead money will be off the books, the Raiders will have better players and the head coach will be responsible for utilizing them to put up W's on the board.

My prediction is that the earliest that Dennis Allen will be let go is at the end of the 2014 season ... my gut tells me that Allen will around much longer.

Most other situations the HC is expected to have a lot better results, but the Raiders are a unique situation, last season and this season will not define his success in the NFL.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rambitious1 said:
Several likely choices.

Ryan I think is the best choice.

Man.....I think the Jets are being run by a bunch of rodeo clowns.

Seriously dude, that was an insult to Rodeo Clowns. Just stop.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think it will be someone that isn't as obvious as we think.

Perhaps someone like Ron Rivera or Leslie Frazier. Expectations aren't met and odd decisions do one of them in.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rex Ryan is the easy choice.

I'll say Mike Munchak...I don't think crazy Bud Adams will stand for much this year.

Also Dennis Allen, b/c Mark Davis...is well...just look at him.

raiders-owner-mark-davis-says-team-could-be-headed-to-los-angeles.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't see how it's anyone other than Rex Ryan or Dennis Allen. I know that Jerruh is crazy and ridiculous, but I think he'd probably wait the season out. But the Jets are nothing but a laughing stock and the Raiders will be lucky to win more than one or two games

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I get the feeling that Rex wants to get fired. He fucking wants it.

My vote is on Rextopher and the whacky jets.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Angry Ram said:
Rex Ryan is the easy choice.

I'll say Mike Munchak...I don't think crazy Bud Adams will stand for much this year.

Also Dennis Allen, b/c Mark Davis...is well...just look at him.

raiders-owner-mark-davis-says-team-could-be-headed-to-los-angeles.jpg

Ya know that aint a bad theory Angry especially if the Rams do well and his team continues to fade under a "Fisher" guy he may decide to just try to put the whole Fisher era behind him and blow the thing up.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
So... Remind me again how we lost to Rex's Jets last year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
So... Remind me again how we lost to Rex's Jets last year.
Perfect storm. Or, perfectly shitty game by us. Our defense made Sanchez look all world, and Bradford had one of his worst games ever. It happens. Similar to how we smashed the Saints in 2011 with backups.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Has to be Ryan. The two brothers are simply a mess. I realize many think Rex is a good coach in a bad situation. I think the dude is just a train wreck and an unintelligent blow hard. Once his bluster stopped working, he had to actually start trying to coach and manage the team. IMO - waaaaaaaaay too much for that imbecile. It seems pretty obvious the FO feels the same way as they are getting more involved and hand cuffing Rex a bit - from what I've heard anyway. Oh... and he's ugly and his mom dresses him funny.