Who will be that "One" guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For all of us Ram fans that have endured a prolonged string of one false start after another, my question is simple. Do we have that one guy on this years version of Rams that will calmly step onto the freshly mowed grass of an NFL Sunday and simply make plays. You know, the guy that everyone else watches as teammates and all settle down because that one guy is on my team, and he WILL make plays. You know, that guy where the game doesn't seem too big for him, in fact it looks fun, and everybody else joins in the party. Kurt Warner was that guy. Eric Dickerson was that guy. Merlin Olsen was that guy. Deacon Jones was that guy. Do we have that guy this year? I want to see your guesses. I'll make mine right now on a ridiculously small sample size, but we're all buddies here right? Just having some pre season fun right? Let's dream a little. Here is my early pick for that guy.
Cooper Kupp... and here is what I see. A quick hitting short pass that Kupp turned up the field for a first down after deftly avoiding a tackle and swiveling his hips to get little on the sideline for an extra 5 yards. Insignificant? Maybe, but a I think I see a guy who will make everyone better including his quarterback. He's also the guy who was the only one moving for the loose ball in the end zone when Woods got popped. I think the game looks slow to Cooper. What say you?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you ... kupp is the one to watch

Don't get me wrong I'm as excited af about Watkins Gurley Goff woods and the potential this offense has right now

But kupp is gonna be the go to guy
There will be guys that make flashier highlight reel plays but kupp is gonna ball out

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Kupp is without a doubt one of the most polished guys I have ever looked into. That is including veteran players.

I really am trying to contain my optimism for what could be upon us this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Andrew Whitworth, this whole question is one of the major reasons he was brought in and paid what he was.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has to start with Watkins. He is an elite talent with everything you want, and is capable of being that wideout who still makes some plays even when you compromise your defense to stop him.

Then I'd say we start talking about Kupp or Woods. And as the season progresses maybe Everett. I'm going to have to see more of Higbee in a good way to get back to where I was, where I had him as an impact guy in this offense.

Ram65

Legend
Kurt Warner was that guy. Eric Dickerson was that guy. Merlin Olsen was that guy. Deacon Jones was that guy.

That's HOF company.

You know, that guy where the game doesn't seem too big for him, in fact it looks fun, and everybody else joins in the party

Kupp fit this description. I don't think he can be like the players above. He will ignite the team on occasions. I don't think he will carry the Rams.

Watkins will make the Wow plays and have high production. He maybe the closest one.

Everett, Gurley, and Tavon will turn heads at times. Woods will be steady.

It's going to be a group effort with many players contributing to make the Rams winners.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Kupp is a fine candidate for THE guy. I'm not normally high on rookie WRs but just doesn't look like a rook on the field. I was thinking of getting a Kupp jersey because I think he's going to be a star.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Well, considering you listed Merlin Olsen and Deacon Jones, then I'm assuming it could be a defensive player. If, when, the contract gets done, then for me at least, that player becomes AD. Until proven otherwise, AD is our best player; he sets the tone for the defense, which also happens to be our best unit. If I were to go offense, then I'd have to say Watkins. Sammy gives the offense instant credibility, he's a game-changer from anywhere on the field and will be the primary focus for DC------and that still doesn't mean they will stop him. We have a lot of good players, but at the end of the season------contract permitting, AD will be inside the top 10 on the top 100 list next off-season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll steal from a couple other posters and say there are two guys: Andrew Whitworth and Sammy Watkins. If Watkins stays healthy, he's capable of incredible things. Whitworth will give us that rock on the OL. Watkins will give us that game-changing playmaker at WR.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Goff...he will be dishing.. because of Wentworth, Watkins, Kupp, Gurley, and Company.... he just has to drive the car.....;)

Go Rams........... ;)

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This will not fully happen this year or even the next, but it has to be the QB. I think Goff is capable of being that guy. You see how his teammates went nuts when he was announced as the #1 pick? That is a strong statement about who he is. He has all the intangibles and he has real talent. I know some here haven't seen anything that says he can be that guy. I say everything you have seen and heard from him, except the sun setting thing and liking Beber, should be hinting that he is the guy.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
"Merlin Olsen was that guy. Deacon Jones was that guy." That was two guys. At the same time.

Eventually it will be Goff as he matures, but usually nowadays it's a couple guys this game making big plays, two or three different guys the next week. It's great having so much young talent on this team, and my opinion of our depth (minus our OL anyway) is improving....

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Be great if it was Goff -- everything else will fall into place nicely -- but I agree with the OP and will say Kupp, was delighted when we drafted him and nothing I've seen has made me change my mind.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'll steal from a couple other posters and say there are two guys: Andrew Whitworth and Sammy Watkins. If Watkins stays healthy, he's capable of incredible things. Whitworth will give us that rock on the OL. Watkins will give us that game-changing playmaker at WR.

The whole Watkins thing feels so akin to the Faulk trade.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The whole Watkins thing feels so akin to the Faulk trade.

I actually went back and read the Faulk history. He actually held out into camp for 7 days for a new deal after getting traded to the Rams.

It's crazy! It was something like 45 Million with 9 guaranteed