Who/what is your personal dream monster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mine is the Bouffant Midgit.

I know that "midgit' isn't the politically correct term, but "she" existed in my dreams (I think) before that was a thing. My mother had a portrait photo that hung in our hallway with her 60's style beehive hairstyle, piled high. My monster would appear when I was a child at the doorway of my small bedroom. The door was open with a mellow light behind it the sillhouette of a creature with my Mom's beehive hairdo on an adults head, with a small body holding it up. I could see no features, but then it it would begin to move toward me...

I wrote a story about the monster with Pink Floyd lyrics in my mind. The thing skittered impossibly fast in a darkened school locker hallway, just dimly seen by the nighttime janitor. In one scene, the thing scampered up the lockers and then across the ceiling and down the lockers on the other side, maddening metallic, tiny footsteps, with his/my eyes clenched tightly.

My character went insane.

How about you? What personal dream bogeyman do you have? Let's have a nightmare together...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don't have a dream monster, but a dream angel. I don't fall asleep easily and when I wake up too early, I struggle to fall back asleep.

One night, I had a dream where my wife took me to a couples sleep therapy. They had us change into white robes, and wait in a very peaceful room with a window that had the view of a large brook and peaceful music playing. A lady with short, shoulder length blonde hair and a white robe approached us. She began to massage both of us and we fell asleep.

Now when I have trouble sleeping at night or wake up too early, I think of the white robes and the peacefulness of the sleep therapy and I can usually relax enough where I go back to sleep.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
download (3).jpeg

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
giphy.gif

... the Wicked Witch used to freak me out as a kid .... not so much now ... as I have my wife to hide behind if she ever visits.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
For me it's either wasps or family stuff. My worst nightmares are the absolute dread of watching my family fall apart and not being able to do anything or prove anything or change anything. With monsters/wasps I can force myself to wake up when I get to a point that I'm really uncomfortable. With the family dreams, I can't. It's fucking awful.

Anytime I sleep well, I have nightmares. It's part of the reason I stay up and only get 4-5 hours of sleep every night. I hate the nightmares and if I'm too existed I don't have them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dracula. I had a recurring dream as a child. It was very eerie and scared the crap out of me every time. I’d run to my parents room to jump in their bed.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I didn't really have nightmares about monsters but Jeepers Creepers freaked me out as a kid. To me, monsters are scarier as shadows, but once you actually see them they aren't as intimidating.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
When I was little I had these imaginary little monsters that terrified me. They were about the size of a weenie dog with longer legs. They had tough leather for skin. No fur. A face kinda like a cat but flatter. Ears were pointy. Big, sharp teeth. I called them "Bites". Why did I call them that? One of them told me in a dream that was their name.

One morning my parents were up early having breakfast before my father went to work. They always got up at 4:30 AM. It was dark. I felt something tug on my blanket below my bed. I looked under the bed and there was this scary looking Bite growling at me. His eyes glowed and his sharp teeth had saliva dripping. I got scared and ran into the kitchen. I was around 4 or 5 years old.

To this day that was the most vivid dream I ever had. It seemed so real. Enough to where I sometimes question myself "Was that really a dream?" Its not like I saw something on TV and dreamed about it. I've never seen something like that before or after that morning. Was my imagination that much that I could imagine a monster like that at 5 years old?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When I was little I had these imaginary little monsters that terrified me. They were about the size of a weenie dog with longer legs. They had tough leather for skin. No fur. A face kinda like a cat but flatter. Ears were pointy. Big, sharp teeth. I called them "Bites". Why did I call them that? One of them told me in a dream that was their name.

One morning my parents were up early having breakfast before my father went to work. They always got up at 4:30 AM. It was dark. I felt something tug on my blanket below my bed. I looked under the bed and there was this scary looking Bite growling at me. His eyes glowed and his sharp teeth had saliva dripping. I got scared and ran into the kitchen. I was around 4 or 5 years old.

To this day that was the most vivid dream I ever had. It seemed so real. Enough to where I sometimes question myself "Was that really a dream?" Its not like I saw something on TV and dreamed about it. I've never seen something like that before or after that morning. Was my imagination that much that I could imagine a monster like that at 5 years old?

offworld-jawas-main_a4db15f6.jpeg