Who were the best players to wear No. 28?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A no-brainer for Rams fans but at the moment Adrian Peterson leads MF by 1,529 votes to 1,522 votes. Go over and vote.
------------------------------------
Thursday’s Prime Numbers looks at the best to wear No. 28
Posted by Mike Florio on June 17, 2014

martin2.jpg
Getty Images

The Prime Numbers series continues on Wednesday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN with a look at a number worn by a surprisingly high number of all-time greats.

We’ve narrowed the list to seven. Vote for the best three.

One of them, Curtis Martin, will join the program to talk about how he ended up wearing No. 28 after donning No. 29 at Pitt.

And then tune in Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. ET for a 60-minute edition of the show, featuring Hines Ward and Ross Tucker as the analysts for the day.

Ward wore No. 86 when he played. Tucker wore, well, a number. Between 1 and 99. Beyond that, throw a dart or something.

Marshall Faulk
Darrell Green
Adrian Peterson
Curtis Martin
Corey Dillon
Warrick Dunn
Chris Johnson.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Darrell Green is top-three in my book. Talk about longevity in a corner...
1. Marshall Faulk- a complete running back
2. Adrian Peterson- total stud but he had a weakness, fumbling
3. Green

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I feel 98% sure Peterson used a ton of steroids to assist in his recovery. There is no way to convince me that a Running back had his best season right after tearing his ACL just because he put in hard work rehabbing. If he didn't use steroids then he is alien or an absolute miracle case.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I feel 98% sure Peterson used a ton of steroids to assist in his recovery. There is no way to convince me that a Running back had his best season right after tearing his ACL just because he put in hard work rehabbing. If he didn't use steroids then he is alien or an absolute miracle case.

I don't know, his whole career he's been known as a freak and he was drug tested a lot. It's possible he just really is that amazing.

As to the topic, Faulk is easily the best player on this list, going by whole career.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I agree. I don't think there's anyway to do what he did without some help.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Didn't he go overseas for some treatment that isn't allowed here in the USA? Kobe did it for his injury and I think PManning did too. Something to do with stem cells if memory serves but I might be mixing up two stories together.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I voted, but AP is starting to run away with it.

Darrell Green was awesome, but evidently not a lot of people remember that (according to the vote).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adrian Peterson was great, but I can't believe that others don't see the absolute weapon Marshall Faulk was....I just voted for him, but it looks like AP is going to win the stupid poll.