Who was worse, Spags or Linehan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who was worse Spags or Linehan?

• Steve Spagnuolo

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Scott Linehan

Votes: 63 67.0%

• Total voters

FRO

Legend
My vote goes for Linehan. I just don't know if he was a worse coach or drafter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Linehan all day. I've never seen so many players turn on a coach like that. Jackson, Holt, Bulger...

Spags did a nice job of turning the team around and getting them back on track. I really can't fault him for the debacle that was 2011, except to say that there was a serious lack of foresight on his part for backing the hire of McDaniels. And for being very stingy with playing rookies in favor of signing vets who were more ready to play in his defense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Spags is my least favorite Ram coach of all time by a large margin.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Linny...even tho he's the only Rams coach since Mike Martz to win at least 8 games. Mind. Blown.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is that because he's Satan?

Church+lady.png
99V5j5k.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Linehan was in over his head from the beginning, and there was some talent here. Aging talent...but talent nonetheless.
Spags started with nothing, got it going then fucked it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

You know me all too well Brudda :ROFLMAO:
heh. Yeah, I do. You were always very good about not flamethrowing the board during his reign too.
Much respect for your much respect. (y)

Philly5

Rookie
Have to go with Linny. Spags seemed to have things headed in the right direction until the awful hire of McD in the midst of a lockout.

MrMotes

Starter
Martz's players didn't want to play in Linehan's offense. Linehan hired Haslett who was not good. And he drafted terribly. But the last time the Rams offense was any good, the last time we were .500 was 2006.

Spags hired Shurmur who was crap and ruled like a petty dictator. He drafted Jason Smith number 2, arguably the biggest bust in Rams history. But he did draft Quinn.

Still, Fisher pretty much gutted the entire roster when he got here because it was essentially crap.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other...

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Not a bad topic but I have to chuckle about comparing the suckiness of Rams head coaches from the last decade. It pretty much says all there is to say about what we had to watch over that span.

Linehan's trajectory was all downhill from the get-go. He's my choice for worst of the worst. Good OC, very bad head coach.

I don't put all the blame on Spags either for what happened during his reign. Think he would have been better served by having a stronger, more experienced GM at the helm to be involved in personnel decisions and give him some direction and keep him reigned in and focused on leading the team.

To be honest I don't know if any rookie coach could have succeeded with the FO we had at that time.

Irish

Starter
Spags by a county mile. It wasn't bad enough that he sucked, because he totally did, but to go through Rams park and tear down all of the greatest show on turf history is just wrong. That move alone earned him the honor of sticking his 4 pillars in a very specific region of his body.

Linehan was a crappy head coach, Spags was a crappy man.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Me and you George, Spags was so bad he's gotten one job in his supposed wheelhouse since being here and screwed the pooch, Linehan has had some success since leaving, and is in demand for co-ordinators jobs
It was a tough call I'll admit , but I have never seen anything to like about Spags, it's a mystery to me what anyone saw in him,no personality , no track record /experience as a HC ,just a low cost shot in the dark by Shaw and Co.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Linehan and his goofy faces. That 8-8 season was built on mistakes by the opponents. The Cardinals on the road suffered a 10-second run-off that sealed one win, and Farve had a sack-fumble late. Those were early wins on a 4-1 start. Then, in the first Seattle game at home, the one with the spectacular Holt catch and TD, he thought he had another 10-second run-off and celebrated prematurely. It was at that moment I began to doubt his credibility.

MrMotes

Starter
Spags punted to the Giants so they could take a knee. For that, i will be eternally embarrassed...

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Linehan and his drafting were bad....could have drew names out of a hat and did better. :confused:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not a bad topic but I have to chuckle about comparing the suckiness of Rams head coaches from the last decade. It pretty much says all there is to say about what we had to watch over that span.

Linehan's trajectory was all downhill from the get-go. He's my choice for worst of the worst. Good OC, very bad head coach.

I don't put all the blame on Spags either for what happened during his reign. Think he would have been better served by having a stronger, more experienced GM at the helm to be involved in personnel decisions and give him some direction and keep him reigned in and focused on leading the team.

To be honest I don't know if any rookie coach could have succeeded with the FO we had at that time.

I agree on Devaney not helping Spags out at all.
Take the insane FA signing killed any chances we had in 2011
I mean Brad Poppinga is a signing I'll never get over. Crap.
Larry Grant played well with JL

Jim Thomas actually says in the article in regards to Devaney's dealings "Obviously, what makes this class all the more eye-catching is that it was put together in little more than a week instead of the usual 5 months."

That's why I have to say Linehan was worse,

Jim Thomas article
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_387a3b52-ae72-57d4-adce-4178efb53df1.html

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Both were horrible in there own right. Both had a pair the size of peanuts. Ill give the edge to Scott Linehan though, because he did the impossible, he got Marc Bulger, one of the calmest men alive, to roll his eyes at him. And also got one of the most professional players ever(Holt) to roll his eyes and have an outburst at him as well during a game on camera.

I remember over at ClanRam they made SLOP(Scott Linehan Opposition Party). I think almost all of use joined.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'd prefer this as the rams coaching staff vs either linehan or spags.