Who was the better Rookie? Patterson vs Austin(Video)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
When the Vikings were on the clock, I thought the impossible might happen and Rams would get both.

This season, the impossible did happen and we grabbed Donald 13th. No way I saw him being there.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Patterson is going to be good.

But, Austin is a one of a kind player. His ability to cut is unlike anyone in the game right now. He's a big play waiting to happen.

And a HUGE decoy. Nobody forgot he was on the field last year, except the Colts.

jap

Legend
And a HUGE decoy. Nobody forgot he was on the field last year, except the Colts.

The Colts didn't forget. They were just foolish enough to dream their guys could cover Tavon with simple man coverage. Everyone learned from their foolish mistake.

A55VA6

Legend
I was huge on Austin and Patterson both before that draft. I think they both have a good career ahead of them.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tavon Austin's stats with no penalties:

41 rec 481 yds 5 touchdowns
34 punt ret 398 yds 2 touchdowns
9 rushes 151 yds 1 touchdown

Pretty good for a rookie.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was in favor of drafting Patterson, simply due to his size and potential. I thought he had incredible moves as a rookie - both lateral movement and his ability to stop-n-go. But somehow I knew the Rams were going to go up and get Austin. Which is fine. I have no qualms about that. I'd rather he be on the Rams than another team in this division.

Patterson has deceptive speed, he lopes like Dickerson and Moss but eats up distance so quickly......he looks like he is barely running.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rooting for Tavon Austin, but I preferred Patterson before the draft and to date, I still do. Especially, when one considers that it's Patterson & that 2nd round choice whom I believed would have been OG Larry Warford vs. Austin.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Good video, sucky soundtrack. I'll take Tavon all day. Besides, he's the one in horns!!

GO RAMS!!!!