Who starts opposite Givens?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who is our WR2 this year?

• Pettis

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Quick

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Bailey

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Other (write-in)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Don't know yet

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm pretty sure they'll open up with Pettis as the #2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Quick.

If he can make some waves these final two; Pettis appears standing put waiting to be passed on the depth chart.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough call I will go with Quick because IMO Pettis has always been too slow and cannot get separation.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Bradford has developed enough confidence in Cook and Givens, so he doesn't need Pettis as the established WR.

And when you add in Kendricks, that's 3 guys Sam is comfortable with.

Pettis was never going to be Sam's security blanket. He was just a jag vet.

When you add Tavon into the mix, that's 4 major targets for Bradford.

So Quick won't be stressed. The focus of defenses will be on Givens, Cook, and Tavon.

The Rams don't need Quick to be the man this year, just compliment the other big guns.

Quick just needs to provide a big catch and run occasionally and beat single coverage downfield.

Pettis is nowhere near the threat that Quick can be to make a big play. And Bailey is just a tad green.

That's why I voted Quick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:
I think Bradford has developed enough confidence in Cook and Givens, so he doesn't need Pettis as the established WR.

So Quick won't be stressed. The focus of defenses will be on Givens, Cook, and Tavon.

The Rams don't need Quick to be the man this year, just compliment the other big guns.

Quick just needs to provide a big catch and run occasionally and beat single coverage downfield.

Pettis is nowhere near the threat that Quick can be to make a big play. And Bailey is just a tad green.

I think you nailed it max. Well said.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pettis may be the first guy on the field and get the majority of the snaps,,, but I guarantee that Quick will get his chances in every game.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Voted Quick. Pettis should not be a starter in this league. He's a great role player.

I guess it depends on the personnel groupings on who starts and gets the most snaps.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I still say it is Tavon, with a lot of scrimmage movement with cook to confuse defenses.

out of the ones on the list, it may just be pettis. he may not catch, but blocks very well from what ive seen on run plays

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think the way Quick has come on lately during camp he will end up getting the nod. I would love to see him do well, not only because it will help the team, but because I'd love to see the Ramstalk everyone is a bust posters' head explode.

lockdnram21

Legend
mojorizen7 said:
bluecoconuts said:
Pettis in September, Quick in February.
Pettis in Sept
Quick in October
Bailey in November

I think bailey is going to always be a role player. I think Quick is going to be a monster by the end of the season

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lockdnram21 said:
mojorizen7 said:
bluecoconuts said:
Pettis in September, Quick in February.
Pettis in Sept
Quick in October
Bailey in November

I think bailey is going to always be a role player. I think Quick is going to be a monster by the end of the season

Bailey appears to have stalled a bit, so he's not on a trajectory to start this year. Jury is out, but he has lots of time to show he's more than a role player.

The $99,000 question is when will Quick have that signature performance that propels him into the bona fide starter role.

Will it come in preseason or later?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Austin Pettis because he's the most experienced WR on the team. You just don't give rookies the start if they haven't earned it. Unless the first play has Tavon in the slot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Quick will be the guy in game one. Pettis has been the great disappearing act in pre-season. And I don't think it's because they aren't game planning. Quick has the tools to stress defenses. IMO - he could still be playing at about half potential and still be more of a threat than Pettis. I like Pettis but nothing about his game says starter except on a team devoid of talent - which is no longer this team. Fish may start him and it may be for no greater reason than Austin has been the consummate team player this season. I think Fish pays respect to players that put the team first. I don't think he would do it for any extended period of time though.

The reason I think Pettis might still be used in the red zone and in short yardage situations though is he seems to have above average concentration and tracking of the ball. When players are stacked in tight and there are only small windows, he seems to still be able to find the ball in all the confusion. In those cases, it can be more about finding the ball and beating your defender to it.... Oh yeah... and CATCHING the damn thing.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
max said:

Quick just needs to provide a big catch and run occasionally and beat single coverage downfield

THIS X 1000!!!