Who McShay has the Rams drafting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought that Reid was the top safety in the draft, or is Vaccaro overtaking him for that spot?

I wouldn't mind taking a top talent safety either. Someone who can protect the middle.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
I thought that Reid was the top safety in the draft, or is Vaccaro overtaking him for that spot?

I wouldn't mind taking a top talent safety either. Someone who can protect the middle.

Vaccaro has excelled in every aspect of the game all year long. Reid has struggled in coverage without Mathieu and Claiborne helping him out, and he hasn't made as big of an impact as some have hoped. He's still a very good safety prospect...just not the best one anymore. Vaccaro and Matt Elam (Florida) have eclipsed him as better prospects. Nothing shameful about that.

By the way, I had to laugh at McShay's draft. Jarvis Jones and Manti Te'o out of the top ten is ludicrous; I think Jones, in particular, will go top five. The Chiefs are not going to draft Lotulelei to play nose tackle with the number one overall pick when they already have Dontari Poe, who they just drafted the year before. They need a quarterback more than anything else in the world; there's no way they can sell fans on Matt Cassel/Brady Quinn for another year. If anything, they'll trade down and take a quarterback then.

And again, Moore over Jarvis Jones?! Well, I needed a good laugh today.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Barret Jones Rams pick 2013!

Barrett Jones and Jarvis Jones. :box: :box: :ninja: :ninja:

Man that would be sweet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The draft is too hard to speculate until the seeding is determined.

But I like those two players (Fisher / Allen).

I love Allen, I think he has potential to put up 1,000+ yards in his rookie season, I see him slipping a bit due to that knee injury, but I'd take him in the second round no doubt.

RFIP

Man Fisher was BAD year 1, I heard Ross Tucker say yesterday he was almost a bust already and may never get better. Jason Smith-like bullet dodged!

Thoughts?

Y6aCq.png

GFC1F.png

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft201 ... op-qb-land

RFIP

I don't see any WOW offensive players in this draft (yet) outside of Te'o and Tavon Austin, but I'm not watching a lot of college ball this year either.

Ah when exactly did Teo' play offense? I mean outside of maybe with his fake gf?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Austin/Ogletree > Fisher/Allen

Not even close.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ogletree>Fisher

Allen>Austin, Austin has the potential but Allen has actually performed, until Austin does Allen will be the better pick.

Fair enough.

But based on what you know and have seen of both; pick the one you want on your team 2014 and beyond.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ogletree>Fisher

Allen>Austin, Austin has the potential but Allen has actually performed, until Austin does Allen will be the better pick.

that's not correct. austin was performing very well before his injury. i didn't get to see the whiner game because gamepass froze on me but tavon was making plays almost every game after his breakout game against the colts. sky is the limit for this kid.

that's not correct. austin was performing very well before his injury. i didn't get to see the whiner game because gamepass froze on me but tavon was making plays almost every game after his breakout game against the colts. sky is the limit for this kid.

I do think Austin can have a better season, but he hasn't proven it to me yet. After the Colts game he only had 204 yards from scrimmage which over an entire season is only slightly more than Allen's season total.

xander47

Rookie
I'd like think Austin has added value in punt returns as well. This has to be the first year in I don't know how long that the rams had a chance for field position, and a threat to go all the way.

Ram_of_Old

All bets off when Snead trades down and comes away with a pocket full of picks. Count on it!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think that mock draft is an example of how hard it is to really determine where people will be picked until late March/early April when teams have fully evaluated the players and begin their rankings.